James seals Braves' sweep

James seals Braves' sweep

There are 8 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Sep 19, 2007, titled James seals Braves' sweep. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

It took nine innings, but the Marlins finally put a good swing on a ball Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

“Wasilla Moose Chick for Sale”

Since: Aug 07

Definitely Not Wasilla

#1 Sep 19, 2007
This team on this night scored 1 run and that was no surprise on a homerun. The team is killing its season off by losing these last few games the very same way that it did all year long. No ability to put together rallies other than by hitting one out.

And most ironic of all is that on this night the guy hitting the homer was none other than Dan Uggla who has had an absolutely horrendous years and only by Fredi's perseverance to play him every night and give him more at bats than anyone in the team except Hanley, well, this guy, appears to have had an absolutely great year. He hit 30 homers and the other homers calling the game on TV actually congratulated him on this another miserable loss and congratulated him for doing exactly the wrong thing for when you are hitting second in the line up you do not go up there to do what this guy did all year.

In Uggla you have the microcosm and symbol of how Fredi managed this team all year. Wrong people in the wrong batting order and no discipline so when a guy goes 2 for 40 with 2 homeruns he has to sit on the bench, particularly if he is to be sandwiched around your two best hitters. He is hitting 240, and lower all year long and hitting lower than any other player, lower than Treanor for Christ sake what is he doing hitting second where you are expected to sacrifice yourself, hit to the opposite field, do little things other than flailing and wailing for the fences.

This thing can not end soon enough. NOW THE LORIA GANG can collect their revenue sharing and make their money as they are running the Marlins, a representation of the community, like if it was an old garbage dumping business from which Wayne H. made a great deal of money at one time. I wonder if the business model is somewhat the same
Aldernon

Lake Worth, FL

#2 Sep 20, 2007
GO MARLINS! WE STILL LOVE YOU!
Out of state Florida Fan

Binghamton, NY

#3 Sep 20, 2007
The only thing I could look forward to is not seeing Fredi managing next season. I know it won't happen because he is Loria and Beinfast's yes boy. Do they really care how bad the team looked this season? The team needs someone who can motivate and not think everything is hunkey dorie, and he even doesn't have to speak Spanish!!!Just knows how to manage.
joe

Atlanta, GA

#4 Sep 20, 2007
Hurry--Hurry--Hurry
The Circus is in town.
Come and see the CLOWNS!
Lou Vales

Huntersville, NC

#5 Sep 20, 2007
Fair Hooker, You absolutely nailed it with your Uggla comments and if Tommy actually had the gall to compliment Uggla on what has to be the "emptiest" 30 homer year in baseball history--Well, I'll be disappointed.
Tommy has had the fairness to callout the garbage attendance and the early misadventures of Hermida and the pitiful pitching performances--SOOOOOOO if he had the audacity to really compliment Uggla on a less than meaningless homer--after squandered early opportunity to do some MEANINGFUL damage--I would be disappointed.
"His name may be DAN UGGLA", but the unwillingness to make any adjustment as to approach and situational hitting haas really been SICKENING!!! You're better than that Tommy. Don't start going down that path.
Maybe before the season is over we can even hear some honesty--even if it's veiled--about the ability to command respect and enforce adaptation from the Marlins' first year manager.
Bill

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 Sep 20, 2007
How sad was it that Chip 'n Dale had nothing positive to open their show with other than what "almost" happened the night before. They made it almost sound like the Marlins had won the game instead of losing. The fact that the fly balls were on the warning track is not a positive. It shows that the batters can't execute base hits but all they know is to slam the ball as hard as they can and hope that it goes out. Ball games are not won on home runs, they are won with consecutive base hits.
I don't expect the Marlins to win another game this year! And even if they did, playing the "spoiler" game is a pathetic attempt to make the games mean something.
soulaj boy

Hollywood, FL

#7 Sep 20, 2007
nice
dean

Atlanta, GA

#8 Sep 20, 2007
Aldernon wrote:
GO MARLINS! WE STILL LOVE YOU!
I'M with you,I love these class
"AA" players.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chuck James Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New York Mets 2012 Preview: What to Expect from... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Billy Ringo 2
News Minnesota Twins sign ex-Braves pitcher (Dec '10) Dec '10 B-HARP 18
News Glavine Goes On DL For First Time (Apr '08) Apr '08 Joy 3
News Sports - Braves Make it 3 in a row, Beating Dod... (Apr '08) Apr '08 kat 1
News Sports Blog - Fred's Blog: Bring Him Back (Nov '07) Nov '07 Tom from Tucker 1
News Chuck James, Atlanta Braves complete sweep of F... (Sep '07) Sep '07 CHB 9
News Good friends, good lines and . . . um, good gos... (Aug '07) Aug '07 Al Hallonquist 1
More from around the web