Player Profile: Henderson Alvarez

Player Profile: Henderson Alvarez

There are 1 comment on the BaseballGuys.com story from Apr 2, 2012, titled Player Profile: Henderson Alvarez. In it, BaseballGuys.com reports that:

What do you do when your called out? Do you shrink into a corner? Do you pick up your machete and start slashing? Do you ignore it and pull back on a Pilsner ? My weapon of choice is the written word, luckily for Tim Heaney of KFFL.com . . So what is this battle about that I speak of? Last week I tweeted that Henderson Alvarez had "no chance" of ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BaseballGuys.com.

BbbostonSerrab

United States

#1 Apr 3, 2012
I think there's a few things missing on this one that you might consider.

- Alvarez throws mid-90s
- he has two different change-uPs and two fastballs that are distinct pitches
- he has now successfully developed a good slider that this spring has be ome his out pitch and his strike-outs have spiked
- his two seam fastball/sinker has such velocity and late break it is somewhat like riveras slider. The batter knows its coming but hits It to the ground
-plus,plus command
- his coaches adore his skills

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brett Lawrie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Ghost's of Blue Jays Past 7 - Final Edition (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fart news 2
News Dickey looks forward as Blue Jays beat Yankees (Aug '13) Aug '13 XFlushing Fan 1
News Felix Doubront earns win as Red Sox beat Blue J... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Grogan 1
News Blue Jays Rumors: Angels Mark Trumbo a Fit in T... (May '12) May '12 ted 1
More from around the web