Ross hits grand slam as Marlins beat Blue Jays

A day after standing at his locker and explaining how a ball got through his legs and led to a Marlins Get your Marlins Tickets now! loss, center fielder Cody Ross once again had to answer for his performance. Full Story
NWFL fan

Destin, FL

#1 Jun 12, 2009
Nice game, Fish! WE are starting to hit consistently and the starters have been on their game lately. let's keep it rollin'.

Move Cogs to third base and play Carroll in the outfield!
MarlinsLou

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Jun 12, 2009
Cody you made amends.
Rob

United States

#3 Jun 13, 2009
By August our lineup will be this:

1b: Cantu, 2b: Coghlan ss Ramirez, 3B: Gabby Sanchez, LF Hermida CF Ross RF: Gload

Great night for Coghlan, amazing he's had more great at bats in one month than Bonifacio has in a year. Eventually when Uggla gets traded, they'll realize that Bonifacio is more a liability than a plus. Coghlan will probably steal more stolen bases and definitely hit for a higher average.

As for Gabby Sanchez they already having him play 3rd in New Orleans, all that's left is Maybin to get in shape. Marlins will have a pretty good team at the end of the year. If anything was proven last night is that Coghlan has a future and Bonifacio is a bench player. Go Fish
Marlinman

AOL

#4 Jun 13, 2009
Cody's hits always seem to be big ones. Go Marlins!
Meemar

Hollywood, FL

#5 Jun 13, 2009
Finally they put Bonifacio at the end of the lineup. I have been praying for that for a long time. Unfortunately he is not a very good hitter. When he hits and we have people on base I always think to myself well it is as good as an out for us. I think he plays the field pretty good for he has made 11 errors already which stinks. I agree with all those who have said keep him on the bench. If he was a good bunter I would feel differently but he is not very good at that either.
Meemar

Hollywood, FL

#6 Jun 13, 2009
I meant to say Bonifacio is good at running after balls and throwing to first most of the time BUT he has made 11 errors at that position which is not good.
OLD PRO

Boca Raton, FL

#7 Jun 13, 2009
Ross wouldn't let Fredi mess this one up! He tried!
Eddie

Hillsborough, NJ

#8 Jun 13, 2009
If Nolasco can continue to pitch quality performances, Miller joining with quality starts,Johnson an Ace, Volstadt overall consistent and with West emerging as a wonderful starter, the Marlins could have the best starting pitchers in the National League. The relief pithers are laso excellent .Big flaws in defense with Bonafacio and Hermeda. With improvement in that area , the Marlins would be a lock to make the playoffs

Marky

Hollywood, FL

#9 Jun 13, 2009
The defense is still a big question mark, but the starters are coming along as expected. The pen is also doing quite well. Overall, the team has improved play over the past two weeks. That's a great sign.
Allan B

Pompano Beach, FL

#10 Jun 13, 2009
Eddie wrote:
If Nolasco can continue to pitch quality performances, Miller joining with quality starts,Johnson an Ace, Volstadt overall consistent and with West emerging as a wonderful starter, the Marlins could have the best starting pitchers in the National League. The relief pithers are laso excellent .Big flaws in defense with Bonafacio and Hermeda. With improvement in that area , the Marlins would be a lock to make the playoffs
We have some great players but also some glaring weaknesses. We lost a few 1 run games we should've won and I think they will come back to haunt us as far as the playoffs, although we are playing much better lately.
Allan B

Pompano Beach, FL

#11 Jun 13, 2009
Actually we're only 3 1/2 games out of the wild card with 99 games left. Plenty of time to make a run but we need to cut down on mistakes. The SP is looking better then it did a month ago.
Allan B

Pompano Beach, FL

#12 Jun 13, 2009
Havent heard this much but we're missing Amezega who can play almost everywhere, but I dont think he'll be back soon. A few people thought he was our MVP last year.
kdjfoai poihe

United States

#14 Jun 13, 2009
Eddie wrote:
If Nolasco can continue to pitch quality performances, Miller joining with quality starts,Johnson an Ace, excellent .Big flaws in defense with Bonafacio and Hermeda. With improvement in that area , the Marlins would be a lock to make the playoffs
Looks to me like Hermida has a total of ONE error this year......?
kingrey

United States

#15 Jun 13, 2009
Put Bonifacio to bat #10. Play him behind the right field fence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brandon League Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The first lineup of a new Mariners season (Apr '11) Apr '11 johnnyj 1
Drayer: Gutierrez left in Az, Aardsma on the mend (Mar '11) Mar '11 johnnyj 1
Thank You, Jed Lowrie (Aug '08) Aug '08 RONALD K WIRTH 1
Liz makes strides (Jul '08) Jul '08 Go Os 37
IronPigs' woes continue, fall to 2-17 (Apr '08) Apr '08 ed ott 2
More from around the web