Javier Vazquez a no-show in big game

So the question was which Javier Vazquez would show up Tuesday night. The one who was 5-0 in his previous seven starts against the Twins? Or the one with the reputation for not being able to win big games? ... Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
chuck

Grayslake, IL

#1 Sep 24, 2008
THAT IS ONE SLOW OUTFIELD!
VAN - BLOOMINGTON

Bloomington, IL

#2 Sep 24, 2008
It used to be the 3rd game of a series that I dreaded most (with Ozzie typically benching his regulars), but lately it's been the 1st game. Was this a deal where they got into town at 4 am and didn't get any sleep? Just curious about the excuses some offer for these dozens of lackluster performances. Last night, of course, it was the Twins Hall-of-Famer SCOTT BAKER...
AEM

Hinsdale, IL

#3 Sep 24, 2008
Does anyone else think Anderson catches the fly ball that Griffey dove for and missed ? I think he catches it without even leaving his feet, and maybe then no runs score that inning ?
Tom P

Valparaiso, IN

#5 Sep 24, 2008
Twins must have a mouse in his pocket. Buerhle will come up big tonight , as will the Sox hitters. When was the last time a team hit 6 homers in a game at the rollerdome?? Just wondering. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the Twinkees. Go White Sox.
Beonthroop

Chicago, IL

#6 Sep 24, 2008
Vazquez should be removed from the starting rotation if the Sox make the playoffs. I would rather see someone like Broadway or Richards get a chance. When Vazquez is on the mound everyone is wondering when is he going to implode. In his first couple of years with the Sox he would give you 5 - 6 innings now he is just giving the team 5 or 6 hitters. Vazquez has been a disappointment and the Sox should have kept Garland instead of him.
Mr KENNEDY

Rensselaer, IN

#7 Sep 24, 2008
Speed in the baggie is the way to play. Anderson,Owens,Wise,all need to get in this lineup.All 3 in the game at same time.KW is looking in peoples eyes.Play people that are hungry.
MikeSand

Glen Ellyn, IL

#8 Sep 24, 2008
Griffey finally hits a home run, and it's meaningless. Safe to say he's been a bust. He should not see any playing time the rest of this series. Vasquez looked like he was lost out there last night. Zambrano has his issues, but at least you see some fire from him if he's not doing well. Vasquez appears as if he could care less when he loses, judging by his demeanor and his comments last night. Way to step up in a big game, Vasquez.
Tony

Nobleton, FL

#9 Sep 24, 2008
The bigest series of the season and bad Javy shows up...Gutless!
Martyb

Mooresville, NC

#10 Sep 24, 2008
In that park you outfielders with speed..griffey and dye are both slow.. as for javy V the guy is a total waste I've been saying for 3 years on a team that's not going anywhere like last year's team hell of a pitcher but on a contender you get what you saw last night ..a major head case.. and lets not forget our captain Pauli Konuklehead we got got time if we don't play well here ..wake up the time is now..is there any sense of urgency with this team ..KICK IT UP A NOTCH ..
Florida Jim

Saint Cloud, FL

#11 Sep 24, 2008
The Sox looked like the Sox -misplays in the outfield from Dye, Wise and Griffey, Alexi not chasing hard after a pop-up near the right-field line which fell easily in front of Dye.
The Twins stealing bases at will, hitting the ball where it is pitched, 12 hits to 6 for the Twins, the Twins lead the league in HWMOB, Punto making an easy adjustment, when no one covered second on AJ's grounder to short, and beat AJ to first easily. Griffey gets a late inning home-run which is meaningless, Thome didn't swing hard enough, Mr. Stanford breaks his wrist on a Tillman type temper tantrum and is unavailable for the big series.
We have Buehrle for tonight and that may be enough, I pray it is.
Southside Kimmy

Chicago, IL

#12 Sep 24, 2008
All season long I've been cheering on the Sox...through the inconsistency with offense showing up when the pitching was bad and vice versa. What I saw last night, in my opinion, was a team that once Javy gave up the homer in the 2nd innning decided they weren't going to win. What happened to fundamental baseball? And what happened to having some hunger? The Sox have been in first place despite losing some key players (CQ-why did you hit that bat??) and having their big hitters go into long slumps--not to mention major problems with the bullpen. They are knocking on the door of an opportunity to reach the postseason again and I had more emotion coming from my couch than I saw on the field. Someone needs to light a fire under them (hey, Paulie, step it up) because after this weekend, there are no more chances....or excuses. I still love my team and will stand by them to the end. I just would like to see them care about this as much as I do. LET'S GO SOX!!!
Dave

Chicago, IL

#13 Sep 24, 2008
The slide to oblivion continues.
hmmm

Chicago, IL

#14 Sep 24, 2008
Ozzie knew we would not sweep. I think he gave this game away. He knew Javy could not win, so he gave him a suspect lineup. Tonight is the game we have the best chance to win. BA, Hall, and Wise will be in the lineup. That way he has a reason to sit Griff jr.

“<insert witty comment here>”

Since: Jul 07

United States

#15 Sep 24, 2008
Sorry to interrupt a Sox board, but I just have one question. Since this is a big series and I'm a baseball fan (and not just a Cubs fan), I was switching over to the Sox-Twins game last night from time to time. It was the season premiere of both "House" and "SVU" (with Mariska Hargitay, spelled with an "Mmmm"), so I was just sporadically checking it out during commericals.

My question is, do any of you tune out "Hack" Harrelson and just listen to the radio play-by-play while you're watching on TV? What was with the "negative vibes on the road" BS? Does he always make whiney excuses like that? I can't stand to even listen to him for more than a few minutes. Luckily for you, you get Steve Stone next year. He's awesome and a very knowledgable baseball man. Not to mention the guy is half psychic, because he always calls the play 30 seconds before it happens. Good luck the rest of the series in Minnesota. If you want the "Red Line" World Series, it's time to step up and make it happen.
Frank

Tinley Park, IL

#16 Sep 24, 2008
Starting Vasquez in game one-worst mangerial decision of the year. It out ranks pulling Danks after 6 against the Cubs and relacing him with Dotel. Hopefully Buerhle and Floyd can clean up the mess.
MR Kennedy

Rensselaer, IN

#17 Sep 24, 2008
We need StonePony in the TV booth tonight.
Mike

Chicago, IL

#18 Sep 24, 2008
Can anyone tell me what time the Sox are scheduled to completely implode tonight? Thanks in advance.
Chico17

Eau Claire, WI

#19 Sep 24, 2008
Sox win tonight. Magic # down to 3 with 4 or 5 games left. Buehrle will be just fine. Relax folks.
Chico17

Eau Claire, WI

#20 Sep 24, 2008
Great post by Mr.Kennedy. Sox need speed in the lineup. I'll be there again tonight. Even have box seats. Hate to deal with those towel waving goofs.
Ozzie

Springfield, IL

#21 Sep 24, 2008
This is Kenny fault. I tell him this team needs more espeed. He dont get me nobody. There was lot of good ball player abailible but we dont make any move. We need help in the pishing estaff. The Cub get Harden for a bunch of crap player. We have better crap then the Cubs. Why we don get Harden. Milwaukee get CeeCee and dont do nutting with him. Why we don try to get CeeCee.
In today lineup I put Cabrera in third baze and Uribe in second baze. I go to play chort-estop. If you wan sonsing done you do it youself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boone Logan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don't Pay for Saves (Dec '13) Dec '13 Lefty 49 1
Every Team's Juiciest Storyline, Post MLB Winte... (Dec '11) Dec '11 sportscrunch 1
AP source: Feliciano moving from Mets to Yankees (Dec '10) Dec '10 Mets Fan Forever 1
Reliever Feliciano going from Mets to Yankees (Dec '10) Dec '10 FlushingFan 1
His Patience doesn't pay (May '09) May '09 Claude Pepper 2
White Sox send pitcher Javier Vazquez to Braves... (Dec '08) Dec '08 Nada Surf 9
White Sox youth movement is a plan for present,... (Dec '08) Dec '08 Nada Surf 15
More from around the web