Rivera, Abreu talk Mitchell Report

Rivera, Abreu talk Mitchell Report

There are 2 comments on the Newsday.com story from Dec 14, 2007, titled Rivera, Abreu talk Mitchell Report. In it, Newsday.com reports that:

“I have a lot of guys, people that I respect, and I cannot point fingers at anybody. We all make decisions in life and we have to live with those decisions. I don't assume that they did it. I don't assume that at all.”

Mariano Rivera and Bobby Abreu, who appeared at Kips Bay Boys and Girls Club in the Bronx Friday to give Christmas gifts to children, both said the release of the Mitchell Report is a difficult thing for ... via Newsday.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.com.

keifer ludwig

Staten Island, NY

#1 Dec 15, 2007
I think the fact that Abreu is taking steroids well... it does not surprise me too much. But Rivera who is yankees bullpen ace should know better and i actually looked up to him somewhat. I remember the crowd chanting "bring in rivera". I remember when he comes in everybody thinks that the game is over. "score early because you will not score against Rivera to win a game" i heard yankee rivals say. But now i expect no less of a comment as "Come on bring steroid mo". But i will reply to the mets "what about your little steroid catcher Todd Hundley" or to the redsox " what about your little mitchell who does not name a single player redsock" The words of of steroid use sickens my heart and i do not respect any player who uses steroids and also the fact that mitchell went easy on the redsox and said they never used steroids. But there are names that anger me a little and names that i almost consider a curse. First one BB or barry bonds from the time i saw his face to now i knew he cheated. somehow and i think it should be a huge honer that he gets to go to the hall of fame with an asteriks and do not even think he deserves that much. Also Troy glause he used to be my second favorite blue jay till now. Clemens i used to think he was the best pitcher ever ecxept nolan ryan.Todd hudley who shouldnt be considered the guy who is a catcher and had the most homeruns in a single season. andy pettite the guy who had a comeback season and lastly Miguel tejada the guy who i considered the second best shortstop in the mlb today. All of these names should be torn down from the hall of fame. This artical is to michael ludwig and my family.
re keifer ludwig

Grover Beach, CA

#3 Dec 15, 2007
hey stupid! they weren't TAKING steroids. They were TALKING steroids. Read the damn article before you post a message about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Abreu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 5 Bold Predictions for New York Yankees' Trade ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 chris 1
News Umpire forgets to count to 4, again (Jul '11) Jul '11 Pound_Puppy 6
News Inbox: Who will emerge at third for Angels? (Jan '11) Jan '11 Jake 1
News Angels don't get picked on (Jun '10) Jun '10 jonny 1
News Tribe Falls to Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 cherszp 1
News Pineiro pitches slumping Angels past Yankees 5-3 (Apr '10) Apr '10 cachi 1
News Matsui gets first game-winning hit for Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 Mike 1
More from around the web