Abreu's 6-RBIs helps Mussina win 18th

Full story: Newsday 9
We know the Yankees are saying goodbye to Yankee Stadium on Sunday. But did Yankee Stadium say a fond farewell to Mike Mussina on Thursday night? Mussina walked off to a standing ovation after keeping alive his ... Full Story
John S Mosby

Bronx, NY

#1 Sep 18, 2008
It's a shame that since "Moose" signed and began playing in the 2001 season, the Yanks have been snakebitten in terms of not winning a World Series. His 268 wins are an impressive tally and it would be nice to see him break 300 with two more premiere seasons under his belt.
Jim

AOL

#2 Sep 18, 2008
I'd rather see Abreau return then either Matsui or Damon! He hits in streaks but always ends up close to .300 with close to 100 Rbi's. He also has the patience of a saint at the plate and wears out pitchers with long at bats! Oh well, just an opinion!

“YANKS 27 Time World Champions”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3 Sep 18, 2008
John S Mosby wrote:
It's a shame that since "Moose" signed and began playing in the 2001 season, the Yanks have been snakebitten in terms of not winning a World Series. His 268 wins are an impressive tally and it would be nice to see him break 300 with two more premiere seasons under his belt.
Question is;for what team..Yanks offer should be 1 year..with an option year..no way will Mussina go along...

Location hidden

#4 Sep 18, 2008
Jim wrote:
I'd rather see Abreau return then either Matsui or Damon! He hits in streaks but always ends up close to .300 with close to 100 Rbi's. He also has the patience of a saint at the plate and wears out pitchers with long at bats! Oh well, just an opinion!
I agree Jim..like to see Yanks go after a cf..and keep Nady in lf..and Abreu in rf...
Maodreh from Trenton

Mount Ephraim, NJ

#5 Sep 19, 2008
The Yanks need to sign Abreu to a contract. The guys an excellent hitter. Not huge on home runs but almost always gets on base. He's had multiple hit games on better average than most of the team, he's closing in on 100rbi's and the man can tire out a pitcher with his patience at the plate, the rest of the team needs to take pointers from his time at the plate and learn to wear out the pitcher and up their throw count. He's a great asset to Yankees roster and they'd be really stupid to get rid of him.
Jim

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Sep 19, 2008
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>I agree Jim..like to see Yanks go after a cf..and keep Nady in lf..and Abreu in rf...
I think they missed their opportunity at a center fielder when he left the Twins and headed west! At this point, I might still be willing to give Gardner a shot at it. They could afford it if he doesn't hit as long as they fill up 1st base with a guy like Texiera.

Location hidden

#7 Sep 25, 2008
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they missed their opportunity at a center fielder when he left the Twins and headed west! At this point, I might still be willing to give Gardner a shot at it. They could afford it if he doesn't hit as long as they fill up 1st base with a guy like Texiera.
Tex would be a great pickup Jim...

Location hidden

#8 Sep 25, 2008
Maodreh from Trenton wrote:
The Yanks need to sign Abreu to a contract. The guys an excellent hitter. Not huge on home runs but almost always gets on base. He's had multiple hit games on better average than most of the team, he's closing in on 100rbi's and the man can tire out a pitcher with his patience at the plate, the rest of the team needs to take pointers from his time at the plate and learn to wear out the pitcher and up their throw count. He's a great asset to Yankees roster and they'd be really stupid to get rid of him.
1 year and an option,like The Moose should be offered as well...
Go figure

Phoenix, AZ

#9 Sep 25, 2008
Mussina goes for win# 20 on Sunday @Boston

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Abreu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 Bold Predictions for New York Yankees' Trade ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 chris 1
Umpire forgets to count to 4, again (Jul '11) Jul '11 Pound_Puppy 6
Inbox: Who will emerge at third for Angels? (Jan '11) Jan '11 Jake 1
Angels don't get picked on (Jun '10) Jun '10 jonny 1
Tribe Falls to Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 cherszp 1
Pineiro pitches slumping Angels past Yankees 5-3 (Apr '10) Apr '10 cachi 1
Matsui gets first game-winning hit for Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 Mike 1

Bobby Abreu People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE