Minnesota Twins lose again as bullpen is overworked

Full story: TwinCities.com

Twins manager Ron Gardenhire doesn't like carrying a 13-man pitching staff, but the way things have been going for Minnesota's starting pitchers lately, perhaps it's necessary.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
jimbo

Ada, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2008

Judged:

If the bullpen is overworked send them down and get some fresh arm's. Can't that dam manager make a move - he gets so tied into certain players. He has to go.
Tybalt

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2008

Judged:

Gardy has to go?

Gardy and Rick Anderson are the best in the business.

you, my friend, do not know anything.
Linda

Casper, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2008

As teams see these pitchers the 2nd time around the starting rotaion will be less effective. By the time we finish the 4 game series with Chicago our hopes of taking over 1st place will be a thing of the past and the season will again turn into that "rebuilding" year.
JEFF

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2008

Judged:

Gardy is not the problem. After losing Hunter, Santana, ect. the Twins just don't have the power to hang with teams like the White Sox.
Jimmy

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2008

Judged:

Rincon again...

Why is he here. Why is Bass still in the Majors, every game I have watched Bass come in he has givenup 1 or more runs. Its just sad to watch him go out there
Jack Dupp

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2008

Even though I like the guy and believe he has unlimited potential, Carlos Gomez should be playing in AA or AAA. He's a liability at the plate, as illustrated by his inability to put the ball in play with one out and the sacks loaded last night. You have to score at least one run in that situation.

And I hate sounding like a broken record, but Kubel, Morneau, Young, Monroe, Cuddyer, and Mauer should be embarassed, completely embarassed, to get out-slugged by Gomez and the 165-pound monster Alexi Casilla. Somebody please give these wimps a bowl of Wheaties or a breakfast bar.
Butch

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2008

The handwriting is on the wall, it is over for this triple A ballclub and the blame has to fall on incompetence in the front office for trading away all of their stud pitchers like Santana and Garza and then bringing in a cancer like Delwoman Young and Brenda Harris. This team will be 10+games out of first by July 4th.
Butch

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2008

Furthermore, when you continue to bring in overpaid losers like Rondell White and Craig Monroe and you continue to have an infield made up of mostly utility players like Punto, Harris and Everett you have NO power at the plate and it is now showing. Honestly it is a miracle we are in mid June and this pathetic team is not buried in last place. POHLAD! WAKE THE HELL UP AND SPEND SOME OF THAT FAT CASH IN YOUR WALLET YOU FREAKIN STIFF!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bobby Abreu Discussions

Search the Bobby Abreu Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
5 Bold Predictions for New York Yankees' Trade ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 chris 1
Umpire forgets to count to 4, again (Jul '11) Jul '11 Pound_Puppy 6
Inbox: Who will emerge at third for Angels? (Jan '11) Jan '11 Jake 1
Angels don't get picked on (Jun '10) Jun '10 jonny 1
Tribe Falls to Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 cherszp 1
Pineiro pitches slumping Angels past Yankees 5-3 (Apr '10) Apr '10 cachi 1
Matsui gets first game-winning hit for Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 Mike 1
•••
•••