Source: Yankees don't regret spending spree

There are 2 comments on the Dec 24, 2008, Newsday story titled Source: Yankees don't regret spending spree. In it, Newsday reports that:

The Yankees have no regrets about their December spending spree, a source said Wednesday, despite criticism from other clubs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
The Great American

Tulsa, OK

#41 Dec 26, 2008
The mission is to field the best players Yanks can attain. To make the ball club better and I think they did. GO Yanks!
Sure they spent a lot of money but the point is if you want to get paid you should have made an effort to do it. Most people just pout and complain how could they do that when things are going so bad in the economy. That's life.
NYStateOfMind

Ridgewood, NY

#42 Dec 26, 2008
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. The other downside here is that they will be giving up quite a few draft picks for signing these Type A FAs, which further bankrupts the minor league system. As a Met fan, I don't begrudge the Yanks signing these players; it would actually be less interesting in NY if they didn't(last year was a big snore when they decided to build around the kids).
Well said...

Another reason is the Yankees haven't pick in the top 15 of the June amateur draft since 1994. It's tough to get top prospects when drafting 25th or lower year after year...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Abreu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 5 Bold Predictions for New York Yankees' Trade ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 chris 1
News Umpire forgets to count to 4, again (Jul '11) Jul '11 Pound_Puppy 6
News Inbox: Who will emerge at third for Angels? (Jan '11) Jan '11 Jake 1
News Angels don't get picked on (Jun '10) Jun '10 jonny 1
News Tribe Falls to Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 cherszp 1
News Pineiro pitches slumping Angels past Yankees 5-3 (Apr '10) Apr '10 cachi 1
News Matsui gets first game-winning hit for Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 Mike 1
More from around the web