Yanks, Teixeira Reach 8-Year, $180 Mi...

Yanks, Teixeira Reach 8-Year, $180 Million Deal

There are 54 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Dec 23, 2008, titled Yanks, Teixeira Reach 8-Year, $180 Million Deal. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Mark Teixeira already knows how Fenway Park looks from the visitors dugout, and he's got even more reason to smile now that the Yankees have agreed to pay him $180 million over eight years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
SO21 CT

United States

#2 Dec 23, 2008
Great move by the Yanks....I vision a 27th World Championship in 2009.....I love the new ownership!
Jerk Store Owner

Arlington, VT

#3 Dec 23, 2008
There's a reason a guy is on his 4th team despite good numbers.
Marc Vincent Russo

Burlington, VT

#4 Dec 23, 2008
A signing like this will make it even sweeter when they lose in the playoffs, again. You can't buy championships. The Yankees still haven't learned that yet.
Marc Vincent Russo

Burlington, VT

#5 Dec 23, 2008
New ownership? Hank and Hal no ZERO about baseball and are bigger boobs than their father.
SO21 CT wrote:
Great move by the Yanks....I vision a 27th World Championship in 2009.....I love the new ownership!
Go Sox

Sunderland, MA

#6 Dec 23, 2008
Good luck trying to buy another championship, hasn't worked the last 8 years, but maybe it will be different this time.

Since: Dec 08

Glastonbury

#7 Dec 23, 2008
Jerk Store Owner wrote:
There's a reason a guy is on his 4th team despite good numbers.
Yes there is a reason. It's because those teams knew they were going to lose him via free agency. Are you serious with that statement?
SO21 CT

United States

#8 Dec 23, 2008
The Jerk Store Called, They're running out of you...
rozeguy

Sherwood, OR

#9 Dec 23, 2008
Of course he is serious. The first three teams weren't worried about free agency. There is a reason this guy has been with 4 teams in his short career despite his numbers. Hank the tank made a fool out of himself again.

Since: Feb 08

Montgomery, AL

#10 Dec 23, 2008
Just another reason to hate the Yankees even more. It will be sweet when they dont make the playoffs again.
YANKS THE BEST

Mount Dora, FL

#11 Dec 24, 2008
I love the little Bitc# Sux fans that are crying because wah nobody will come to their garbage team. It was ok for them to beg and try to offer every free agent out their top dollar but because everone rejected them and wanted to come to the NYY its now the yanks fault. Tex never wanted to come to that old garbage ageing team the Sux, just like every free agent out their, you cant beg someone to come to the Sux. Just ask manny he could not wait to get out of that dump. Well after NY wins the east as usual Tampa can at least fight the Twins and det for the wild card. Like who did not know that Tex would not go to the Sux the Sux offer was out their for a month and if Ny did not pony up he was going to the Nats instead. man how pathetic are the Red Sux and their cry baby fans. LOSERS!!!
YANKS THE BEST

Mount Dora, FL

#12 Dec 24, 2008
Cant beg anyone to come to that garbage team, man the Sux are the laughing stock of baseball. Everyone shoots down that garbage city, with their crybaby fans, it great. Hey sux why dont you talk and beg every other free agent to come to Boston so that they can all laugh in your face and reject you to. man this is great seeing the Sux fans so bitter what a great Xmas present. thanks hank and hal you guy's are the best.
YANKS THE BEST

Mount Dora, FL

#13 Dec 24, 2008
Hey sux fans serious question. Do you thin that since the NYY will win the East that Tampa has a chance to beat out Det and Min for the Wild card? If so that would be pretty exciting next year because it would be NYY East, Cle cen, La west and tampa wild card. Now that would be a pretty interesting palyoofs. Also maybe the jays would give the rays and the central teams a battle also. any way what do you sux fans think?
YANKS THE BEST

Mount Dora, FL

#14 Dec 24, 2008
This just in, Tec wants 5 years and 20 mil a year from the Sux or he said he will go to the Yanks for a 1 year 2 Mil offer to be our 4rth string catcher. what do you thonk Sux fans should the Yanks sign Tec as 4rth string catcher? Me I would rather go with one of the kids than have Tec but you never know.
YANKS THE BEST

Mount Dora, FL

#15 Dec 24, 2008
hey Sux fans I am a little worried about your rotation, I mean no 4rth or 5th starter and everyone is saying they will not go to Boston no matter what the money is. What do you think about this Sux fans maybe you guy's could beg Roger to come back like you tried 2 years ago, but instead of offering him $20 mil and a video montage you could sign him to a 10 year contract. No your probably right even then he would say no to Boston. man mabe you guy's could beg Manny to come back and offer him another 8 year $160 mil, owe wait you did that already and he hated Boston. Never mind sux fans just face it you have the worst fans the worst team and a lousy city and stadium. Well anyway sux fans merry Xmas amd maybe you guy's can get doug Mirrabelli to come back to your sorry team if you offer him enough money(probably not but maybe).
YANKS THE BEST

Mount Dora, FL

#16 Dec 24, 2008
I bet Scott Boras wishes every team had owenership as inept as the Sux, they make his job so much easier. He basically just waites for the Sux to come begging for his free agents and then waites for his free agent to tell him "Scott you know I would never consider going to Boston regardless how much they offer, I want to go the NYY". And Boras turns around and says "I know that I do this to these losers every time, but I need to get the Yanks envolved so we will string these sux along till the yanks offer, even if its less". And then Tec says "well whatever it is jump on the Yanks offer because if its not them then I will go the Nationals". Then Sux fans start crying again like they do every year that life is so unfair and no one wants to come play for them and their team Sux and their owners sux and their GM Sux. Man sux fans dont you get it, your small time. You have your 1 division title and had to beg baseball for a wildcard or else you would never get in the playoffs. Everyone knows the wildcard was invented in baseball so that the Sux could play in October more than once ebry 25 years. Man the RS are pathetic.
sox4life

Zaragoza, Spain

#17 Dec 24, 2008
YANKS THE BEST

you should really consider studying the difference between "their" and "there"

you look like an idiot
MIke

Oakland, CA

#18 Dec 24, 2008
Bottom line ..Tex didn't want to go to Boston !.

Get over it Boston
michael

Rocky Hill, CT

#19 Dec 24, 2008
mark vincent russoe. you are stupid.
jon h

Newington, CT

#20 Dec 24, 2008
this just reeks of 2004 when the yankees signed a-rod, gary sheffield, kevin brown, and javier vasquez after they came off excellent seasons.

Yankee Fans - how did the 2004 season pan out for you?
michael

Rocky Hill, CT

#21 Dec 24, 2008
the red sux lost out by 1.5 million per year. frygen cheapskates

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Abreu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 5 Bold Predictions for New York Yankees' Trade ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 chris 1
News Umpire forgets to count to 4, again (Jul '11) Jul '11 Pound_Puppy 6
News Inbox: Who will emerge at third for Angels? (Jan '11) Jan '11 Jake 1
News Angels don't get picked on (Jun '10) Jun '10 jonny 1
News Tribe Falls to Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 cherszp 1
News Pineiro pitches slumping Angels past Yankees 5-3 (Apr '10) Apr '10 cachi 1
News Matsui gets first game-winning hit for Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 Mike 1
More from around the web