A-Rod homers twice in Yanks win

A-Rod homers twice in Yanks win

There are 4 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 10, 2007, titled A-Rod homers twice in Yanks win. In it, Newsday reports that:

Alex Rodriguez homered twice and drove in five runs, Bobby Abreu went 4-for-4 with three RBIs and the New York Yankees overpowered the Pittsburgh Pirates 13-6 on Sunday for their sixth consecutive victory.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Patrick

Japan

#1 Jun 11, 2007
Keep on going, Yanks!
By the way, Kuwata is a worn-out reject (still with pending millions of debts) from Japan. The only reason Kuwata could debut was because of the generosity or dreaming of his pitching coach as he once played in Japan.
Barry Fleckmann

Toms River, NJ

#2 Jun 11, 2007
Way to go, Yanks! That's six in a row, meaning the Bombers are ONLY one game under .500, now, and ONLY five and-a-half games behind the Detroit Tigers for the Wild Card lead. Yeah, there's DEFINITELY light at the end of the tunnel, now! As Johnny Nash used to sing, "I Can See Clearly, Now

“27 wins”

Since: Jan 07

Bradford, PA

#3 Jun 11, 2007
Barry Fleckmann wrote:
Way to go, Yanks! That's six in a row, meaning the Bombers are ONLY one game under .500, now, and ONLY five and-a-half games behind the Detroit Tigers for the Wild Card lead.
Mostly it's because the Yanks swept Pittsburgh, Barry. Then again, the Red Sox padded their stats last year beating up NL teams. A win's a win, but it's still tough going.
Barry Fleckmann

Toms River, NJ

#4 Jun 11, 2007
El Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
Mostly it's because the Yanks swept Pittsburgh, Barry. Then again, the Red Sox padded their stats last year beating up NL teams. A win's a win, but it's still tough going.
"Mostly it's because the Yanks swept Pittsburgh..."

Yes, but the Yanks took the last two series' from the Sox, one at Fenway, and one at Yankee Stadium. That's heartening. I think the Sox, and the Yanks, are going to meet in the play-offs, in October. However, this year, the Sox are going to be the division champs, and the Yanks are going to be the wild card. Hey, the Cardinals were the NL wild card, last year, and look what happened to them. They got "hot" at the right time!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Abreu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 5 Bold Predictions for New York Yankees' Trade ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 chris 1
News Umpire forgets to count to 4, again (Jul '11) Jul '11 Pound_Puppy 6
News Inbox: Who will emerge at third for Angels? (Jan '11) Jan '11 Jake 1
News Angels don't get picked on (Jun '10) Jun '10 jonny 1
News Tribe Falls to Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 cherszp 1
News Pineiro pitches slumping Angels past Yankees 5-3 (Apr '10) Apr '10 cachi 1
News Matsui gets first game-winning hit for Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 Mike 1
More from around the web