Soaring with Giambi on DL

Full story: AM New York

He was trying to slip in undetected, like a Victor Conte concoction, but when you are as big as Jason Giambi, it is difficult to hide even in the shadowy tunnels beneath Yankee Stadium.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Alexander

Freeport, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2007

What a great article about (the absence of) the (steroid) Jiambino! I am sure I have not been alone in thinking that it had been the worst deal the Yanks made since 2000. Now this opinion was voice loud and clear. Good. May he stay on DL for the rest of the year!
FergsNVA

Lynchburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2007

It's easy to blame Giambi because of his salary, probable steroid use, etc. But you forget, it was the Boss who let Pettite go the first time around. It was the Boss who wanted Sheffield over Guerrero and Johnson over Beltran. They haven't won because of questionable decisions by the Boss, but mostly for being outplayed. Giambi hasn't been a flop, just your whipping boy. I guess you've forgotten about Danny Tartabull, Steve Balboni, Ken Phelps, and the Perez Brothers. Albeit they haven't won the Series, but their still winning. Quit whipping on the Yank, focus on the real losers like Isaiah and the Knicks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bobby Abreu Discussions

Search the Bobby Abreu Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
5 Bold Predictions for New York Yankees' Trade ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 chris 1
Umpire forgets to count to 4, again (Jul '11) Jul '11 Pound_Puppy 6
Inbox: Who will emerge at third for Angels? (Jan '11) Jan '11 Jake 1
Angels don't get picked on (Jun '10) Jun '10 jonny 1
Tribe Falls to Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 cherszp 1
Pineiro pitches slumping Angels past Yankees 5-3 (Apr '10) Apr '10 cachi 1
Matsui gets first game-winning hit for Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 Mike 1
•••
•••