O's walk off losers

O's walk off losers

There are 46 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from May 23, 2008, titled O's walk off losers. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Standing in front of his locker in a quiet visiting clubhouse, Orioles reliever Jim Johnson willingly shouldered the blame for his team's 2-1 loss last night to the New York Yankees .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Attila the Hon

Itasca, IL

#42 May 23, 2008
KeepBmoreoffRoadJerseys wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the dumbest responses to someones post
This isnt latin america and this isnt soccer. This is baseball in america and those are the rules, like them or not those are the rules and they didnt follow them
Spoken like a real cementhead. You will definitely die from the disease known as stupidity.
Attila the Hon

Itasca, IL

#43 May 23, 2008
derek jeter is dominant wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT? This is America idiot baseball is our pastime, yankees and red sox fans aren't annoying they're just dedicated to their teams, and the orioles suck ass anyway.
You are a Baseball Nazi! Further proof that Yankees & Red Sox jerks are a bunch of Fascists. You, too, will die from stupidity.

“Orioles, Colts, Bullets ”

Since: Apr 08

Brewster, NY

#44 May 23, 2008
Dave Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's another reason why I refuse to go to games anymore. Yankees and Red Sox fans are so obnoxious anyway and I have been in my fair share of fights at Memorial Stadium. Haven't seen the Yankees or Red Sox at Camden Yards yet.
I'm fortunate enough to see the Orioles only one hour from my house, when they play the Yanks. I also make the four and a half hour trip to Camden Yards as well. The Camden Yards things is getting costly, though. Next year, even with the raised ticket prices at the new Yankee Stadium, I'll be going to more O's games in New York, and less in Baltimore. I understand your frustration.
Ben

Upperco, MD

#45 May 23, 2008
Meanwhile, back to one of the last things to address with the revamped Orioles - their hitting coach.

Everyone else has been held accountable for the Orioles dismal performance over the past 10 years. Perhaps rather than a Barry Bonds, or some other misfit, they could simply work with what they have better and get some good hitting out of the guys that are capable of doing better.

Why do we have an untouchable in this area? Maybe our hitting coach has gotten into a funk over the past 10 years and no longer has the skill he once had to develop new talent and correct bad habits. According to the statistics, Terry is over the hill and should be replaced.
oldetoys

Lincoln, NH

#46 May 23, 2008
What difference does it make? You ain't going to win anyway scoring just one run. And it's happening again tonight. These guys can't hit worth a fart in fairy land.
Ben

Upperco, MD

#47 May 23, 2008
A good coach does make a difference. Terry Crowley is no longer a good coach, based upon the results. When an entire team of hitters is hitting below their capabilities, something is wrong. If this is not primarily the responsibility of the hitting coach, why do we even have one with this title?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Abreu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 5 Bold Predictions for New York Yankees' Trade ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 chris 1
News Umpire forgets to count to 4, again (Jul '11) Jul '11 Pound_Puppy 6
News Inbox: Who will emerge at third for Angels? (Jan '11) Jan '11 Jake 1
News Angels don't get picked on (Jun '10) Jun '10 jonny 1
News Tribe Falls to Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 cherszp 1
News Pineiro pitches slumping Angels past Yankees 5-3 (Apr '10) Apr '10 cachi 1
News Matsui gets first game-winning hit for Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 Mike 1
More from around the web