Position breakdown: Who has the edge?

Full story: Newsday
LEFTFIELD: Hideki Matsui vs. Endy Chavez Matsui is one of the few Yankees not mired in a hitting slump, even if he hasn't come close to matching his career numbers. Full Story
why

Patchogue, NY

#1 May 17, 2007
lol, devising a list as you did here is just dumb. Baseball is a team sport; not a battle between individuals who happen to play the same position.

Note that though the list was pretty much accurate;I find no reason for it to have been published in a NEWSPAPER...
doug

United States

#2 May 18, 2007
How do you rate Derek Jeter higher than whom you call the most exciting player in the game? Reyes is by far the better fielder , base runner and hits for average and power. Must have been a sentimental choice. Given the choice today it's got to be Reyes.
telman

United States

#3 May 18, 2007
You're looking through rose colored glasses if you are giving the edge at shortstop to Jeter. Comparsions are about the present, not the past. In case you have not notice, Reyes is leading in more offensive categories than Jeter. Also, Jeter is having problems defensively. Reyes is the total package. I guess the saying, "move over, there is a new sheriff in town", is very much appropo.
Nicolette

Lindenhurst, NY

#4 May 18, 2007
I disagree with some of your edges. I think that during the month of May, the third basemen should be David Wright, he is an all-around better player for this month. I also disagree w/ Derek Jeter and Jose Reyes. Reyes should have the edge. Reyes is more enthuiastic and gets on base more. The second basemens can go any way. Yet for leftfield, I must say it should be Endy Chavez. I dnt tink that Matsui could make jumpig catches. The mets shall win the SUBWAY SERIES <33

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Abreu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 Bold Predictions for New York Yankees' Trade ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 chris 1
Umpire forgets to count to 4, again (Jul '11) Jul '11 Pound_Puppy 6
Inbox: Who will emerge at third for Angels? (Jan '11) Jan '11 Jake 1
Angels don't get picked on (Jun '10) Jun '10 jonny 1
Tribe Falls to Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 cherszp 1
Pineiro pitches slumping Angels past Yankees 5-3 (Apr '10) Apr '10 cachi 1
Matsui gets first game-winning hit for Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 Mike 1
More from around the web