SWEET & DOUR -- Courant.com

There are 4 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Aug 1, 2007, titled SWEET & DOUR -- Courant.com. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

How can 53,958 fans show up at Yankee Stadium, see the Yankees hit eight home runs and leave disappointed? Only when Alex Rodriguez is sitting on 499 and none of the homers were his.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Joe Shlabotnick

Centerville, MA

#1 Aug 1, 2007
It's nice to see a Dom Amore by-line attached to an article about the Yankees again. It would be really nice to see Dom back on the Yankee beat full time.
mark

Gurnee, IL

#2 Aug 4, 2007
Another great article from Dom. He is so much more talented than the other writers you have picked up. It is a shame the Courant has put quality behind profits. In the end you will need quality to maintain profits. Another short-sighted Tribune edict.
Good luck Dom!
YankeesFan567

Northport, NY

#3 Aug 4, 2007
I'LL TELL YOU WHY THE YANKEES HIT 8 HOME RUNS AND STILL LOST. AND NO, IT ISN'T BECAUSE OF ALEX RODRIGUEZ. IT IS BECAUSE ROGER CLEMENS GOT RACKED BY THE WHITE SOX. I MEAN, HE GAVE UP 8 RUNS IN THE FIRST TWO INNINGS. THAT IS WHY I THINK THAT THE YANKEES DIDN'T WIN THE GAME.
YankeesFan567

Northport, NY

#4 Aug 4, 2007
WE ARE REACHING THE HOME STRETCH OF THE BASEBALL SEASON, AND THE YANKEES ARE 2 AND A HALF GAMES BEHIND THE WILDCARD. EVEN THOUGH DETROIT IS A HALF A GAME BEHIND THE INDIANS FOR THE DIVISION, I THINK THAT THEY WILL GET THE DIVISION AND THAT THE CLEVELAND INDIANS WILL FALTER. THE YANKEES HAVE NO MARGIN FOR ERROR THIS YEAR ANYMORE. LET'S GO YANKEES!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Abreu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 5 Bold Predictions for New York Yankees' Trade ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 chris 1
News Umpire forgets to count to 4, again (Jul '11) Jul '11 Pound_Puppy 6
News Inbox: Who will emerge at third for Angels? (Jan '11) Jan '11 Jake 1
News Angels don't get picked on (Jun '10) Jun '10 jonny 1
News Tribe Falls to Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 cherszp 1
News Pineiro pitches slumping Angels past Yankees 5-3 (Apr '10) Apr '10 cachi 1
News Matsui gets first game-winning hit for Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 Mike 1
More from around the web