Yanks' Wang Two-Hits Red Sox At Fenway

Full story: Hartford Courant
Fenway Park has never been overly friendly to Chien-Ming Wang. In six previous starts, the Red Sox had hung a 6.17 ERA and a 2-3 record on the Yankees righthander, the only park Wang had a losing record in when ... Full Story
Taiwanese

Hong Kong

#1 Apr 11, 2008
Go Wang! You're the man!
Alexa

Waterbury, CT

#2 Apr 11, 2008
Ortiz needs to take a seat and let a hitter take an at-bat. Senseless management give someone else a chance.
Daniel

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Apr 11, 2008
Is Wang the best Asian pitcher or Dice-K ??!!
Great win for Wang.
Tetra

New Haven, CT

#4 Apr 11, 2008
I think both Wang and Dice-K are incredible. Just different style. It's hard to compare orange and apple.

But one thing to be pointed out is that, after Wang's rising in the big league, people start to talk about which type of pitchers is an "ace" or a great pitcher. Could it be someone without high K counts? No mid-90 fast balls? Getting ground outs one after another?

I won't comment on whether Wang or Dice-K is better, but I definitely see that Wang has made some impact to the Yankees and MLB. And I think that it probably means more than the title of the so-called "best Asian pitcher."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Abreu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 Bold Predictions for New York Yankees' Trade ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 chris 1
Umpire forgets to count to 4, again (Jul '11) Jul '11 Pound_Puppy 6
Inbox: Who will emerge at third for Angels? (Jan '11) Jan '11 Jake 1
Angels don't get picked on (Jun '10) Jun '10 jonny 1
Tribe Falls to Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 cherszp 1
Pineiro pitches slumping Angels past Yankees 5-3 (Apr '10) Apr '10 cachi 1
Matsui gets first game-winning hit for Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 Mike 1
More from around the web