Whew! Nady picks up first hit

There are 5 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 29, 2008, titled Whew! Nady picks up first hit. In it, Newsday reports that:

Don't for a second believe that Xavier Nady wasn't thinking about it. He had played two games and change for the Yankees, and the hard-hitting outfielder, whose longest drought this season had been three ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Jeff S

United States

#1 Jul 29, 2008
Nady and Sexson take pressure off A Rod and Jeter in righty lineup. Abreu is our #3 hitter. Enough said.
BrkmB

Raleigh, NC

#2 Jul 29, 2008
Bring all of the outfielders back. We have at least 2 outfielders every year get hurt. I hear Abreu's average is down from some critics - He's leading the team in RBI's and he has a gun in the outfield.
Joe Citizen

Lindenhurst, NY

#3 Jul 29, 2008
Do not let this run fool you. They will get spanked by the Angels this week end losing probably 3 of 4. They can get all the hitters they want but it always comes down to pitching.Mussina will fade like he always does, and the rest are not money in the bank come August and September.
jorel

Waterbury, CT

#4 Jul 29, 2008
Joe Citizen.
Always nice to see a, what is it, Mutts or Red Sux, fan. If you'd been paying attention, and it seems you haven't, the Yank problems have been all offensive this year. So sit back and root against the Yanks, if you must, but your comments are irrelevant.
Islander505

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Aug 2, 2008
I just wish all Newsday baseball writers were this erudite, informed and Pulitzer worthy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Abreu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 5 Bold Predictions for New York Yankees' Trade ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 chris 1
News Umpire forgets to count to 4, again (Jul '11) Jul '11 Pound_Puppy 6
News Inbox: Who will emerge at third for Angels? (Jan '11) Jan '11 Jake 1
News Angels don't get picked on (Jun '10) Jun '10 jonny 1
News Tribe Falls to Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 cherszp 1
News Pineiro pitches slumping Angels past Yankees 5-3 (Apr '10) Apr '10 cachi 1
News Matsui gets first game-winning hit for Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 Mike 1
More from around the web