Cabrera back with Yankees, but has lots to prove

Full story: Newsday

The Yankees viewed Melky Cabrera as their centerfielder for the foreseeable future when the season began.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
tjrover

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Good thing the Yankees held on to him and the other 2 busts instead of getting Santana.
John From Windham Maine

South Paris, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

He was way over hyped. At best, he might be an average major leauge player.
cgalactus

Port Saint Lucie, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

yankee talent evaluators either stink or are very unlucky. either way, no new young players cracked the major league roster besides Joba. cashman and oppenheimer should be held accountable. every young player the Rsox bring up either contributes or excels. and who in the minors is viewed as a can't miss prospect? and as an aside, the number 1 and 2 picks weren't signed. for a team that needs qulaity prospects, that is disgraceful.
tom

Ridge, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

Girardi's been using the same lineup and batting order for a month now, with Damon in center, even though it isn't winning and isn't scoring runs. The team was winning more with Melky in center. You would think a manager would realize stuff like this. Matsui and Ivan Rodriguez have dragged the offense down even further than it was before they arrived.
who cares

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

who cares he sucks and is a punk as well,, ship him and cano out

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

tom wrote:
Girardi's been using the same lineup and batting order for a month now, with Damon in center, even though it isn't winning and isn't scoring runs. The team was winning more with Melky in center. You would think a manager would realize stuff like this. Matsui and Ivan Rodriguez have dragged the offense down even further than it was before they arrived.
Actually, I thought they did better with Gardner in center. Not that he's a hitter, but more of a spark plug. Damon's hitting ok, and has all year. I-Rod has been HORRIBLE, and Matsui hasn't caught on as of yet. And even if he starts hitting today....it's too late.
dicky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

Watch them go on a roll now that the "Milk Dud" is back !!
tjrover

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

John From Windham Maine wrote:
He was way over hyped. At best, he might be an average major leauge player.
Wait - The Yankees and the media overhyper their prospects? NO WAY! I DON'T BELIEVE IT!
FPC

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

cgalactus wrote:
yankee talent evaluators either stink or are very unlucky. either way, no new young players cracked the major league roster besides Joba. cashman and oppenheimer should be held accountable. every young player the Rsox bring up either contributes or excels. and who in the minors is viewed as a can't miss prospect? and as an aside, the number 1 and 2 picks weren't signed. for a team that needs qulaity prospects, that is disgraceful.
I thought I read somewhere that a few evaluators were in trouble for skimming bonus money from players they recommended ? Did anyone else hear about that ?
who cares

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

FPC wrote:
<quoted text>I thought I read somewhere that a few evaluators were in trouble for skimming bonus money from players they recommended ? Did anyone else hear about that ?
Last weeks news..who cares...shifferbrains
texsdad3

Denton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

they really need to go after a free agent center fielder in the off-season,does any one know if ones available
katfishhunter mish in

South Bend, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

hey who cares from boulder worry about your rockies and let real yankee fans worry about the yanks.
katfishhunter mish in

South Bend, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

who cares wrote:
who cares he sucks and is a punk as well,, ship him and cano out
if they suck they could fit right in with the rockies

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bobby Abreu Discussions

Search the Bobby Abreu Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
5 Bold Predictions for New York Yankees' Trade ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 chris 1
Umpire forgets to count to 4, again (Jul '11) Jul '11 Pound_Puppy 6
Inbox: Who will emerge at third for Angels? (Jan '11) Jan '11 Jake 1
Angels don't get picked on (Jun '10) Jun '10 jonny 1
Tribe Falls to Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 cherszp 1
Pineiro pitches slumping Angels past Yankees 5-3 (Apr '10) Apr '10 cachi 1
Matsui gets first game-winning hit for Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 Mike 1
•••
•••