Yankees midseason report card

Yankees midseason report card

There are 7 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Yankees midseason report card. In it, Newsday reports that:

Brian Cashman: C- The Yankees' general manager should have known better than to count on Carl Pavano, made a costly mistake with Kei Igawa and could have shored up the bullpen better.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 07

Forest Hills, NY

#1 Jul 10, 2007
This report card is accurate, for the most part. I'm afraid the Yankees are beginning a downward slide that could last quite a few years, and eventually rival the Scott Sanderson/Kevin Maas/Stump Merrill era.
Hard Nose

Hauppauge, NY

#2 Jul 10, 2007
I also feel the report card is accurate, except Jason Giambi should get a big fat F. I hope the Yankees dont bring back Giambi next year. He is paid 17 million dollars. He cant field or run. He is also getting to be a regular on the DL.
Anna

United States

#3 Jul 10, 2007
OH holla that.
A guy who INSISTED he play 1st base and he cant even play. We got rid of a star and a fan favorite to do it too let us not forget. Tino Martinez. They have recruited an inordinate amount of 1st baseman since and have STILL yet to replace him.
Hard Nose wrote:
I also feel the report card is accurate, except Jason Giambi should get a big fat F. I hope the Yankees dont bring back Giambi next year. He is paid 17 million dollars. He cant field or run. He is also getting to be a regular on the DL.
Natalia Rodriguez

Huntington Station, NY

#4 Jul 10, 2007
How could Roger Clemens get a B? For the money they are paying he should be an A+
LMT

Milford, MA

#5 Jul 10, 2007
Clemens should be A+, but he isn't, as we all knew. I wouldn't even give him a B, I'd say average, which is a C. Lots of money shelled out for average performance....please.....let' s hope they spend their money a little wiser next season!
Barry Fleckmann

Toms River, NJ

#7 Jul 10, 2007
Based on the law of averages, it usually takes about 95 wins to make it to the playoffs. In the first half of the season, the Yanks went 42- 43. In order to get to 95 wins, the Yanks will HAVE to go 53-24, in the second half of the season. Do I think they can DO it? Nope. If they could, they would've shown it in the first half. They didn't. Too many under-achievers on this Yankee team, and THAT includes Cashman and Torre!
bill

New York, NY

#8 Jul 11, 2007
High grades for a team hovering at or below the .500 mark all season. The grades should be mostly "C"'s except Jeter, Arod, and Posada.
Wang has been good and bad - C
Andy likes to pitch well enough to lose - "C"
Clemens was bad now is better - C

As always Kat O"Brien too light on the Yanks. Just another homer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Abreu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 5 Bold Predictions for New York Yankees' Trade ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 chris 1
News Umpire forgets to count to 4, again (Jul '11) Jul '11 Pound_Puppy 6
News Inbox: Who will emerge at third for Angels? (Jan '11) Jan '11 Jake 1
News Angels don't get picked on (Jun '10) Jun '10 jonny 1
News Tribe Falls to Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 cherszp 1
News Pineiro pitches slumping Angels past Yankees 5-3 (Apr '10) Apr '10 cachi 1
News Matsui gets first game-winning hit for Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 Mike 1