Yankees come up big after playing sma...

Yankees come up big after playing small ball

There are 6 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 3, 2008, titled Yankees come up big after playing small ball. In it, Newsday reports that:

Need proof that these are not Joe Torre's Yankees? When's the last time you remember Torre playing the infield in in a scoreless game in the fourth inning? When's the last time you remember the Yankees laying ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Hanky

Baltimore, MD

#1 Apr 3, 2008
if Torre was managing this game we would've lost. We would've waited for someone to hit a home run instead of playing small ball and winning the game
Pinstripe Palooka

Elmhurst, NY

#2 Apr 4, 2008
"When's the last time you remember the Yankees laying down back-to-back sacrifice bunts with the score tied in the eighth?"

I think they were still playing at Hilltop Park! But it's working and Girardi is a freaking genius.

This is the sign of things to come, campers.
Headline Writer 631

Hampton Bays, NY

#3 Apr 4, 2008
I'm so glad Torre is gone. He was a lifetime .500 manager who happened upon a great team, stayed cool, and won a few World Series before it was revealed since 2002 that he really had been just faking it and couldn't adapt to new players or understand pitchers.

I've watched three games in a row for the first time in years now that he's gone. Finally, some strategy in a game!
KirkHere

Matamoras, PA

#4 Apr 4, 2008
Phil Hughes!!!!

Jobba Chamberlin!!!!

"Ole Reliable" Mariano Rivera!!!!!

We are on our way to # 27!!!!!!

Johan who??????
65 Fan

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Apr 4, 2008
I hate to pile on during the kick Torre hour.....but....I have to admit that when I saw those back to back bunts I gave the credit where it is due - to my new best friend - Giradi.

A long overdue change.....lets go Yanks!!!

“Let's go Islanders!”

Since: Nov 07

Huntington, NY

#7 Apr 4, 2008
Hanky wrote:
if Torre was managing this game we would've lost. We would've waited for someone to hit a home run instead of playing small ball and winning the game
exactly right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Abreu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 5 Bold Predictions for New York Yankees' Trade ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 chris 1
News Umpire forgets to count to 4, again (Jul '11) Jul '11 Pound_Puppy 6
News Inbox: Who will emerge at third for Angels? (Jan '11) Jan '11 Jake 1
News Angels don't get picked on (Jun '10) Jun '10 jonny 1
News Tribe Falls to Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 cherszp 1
News Pineiro pitches slumping Angels past Yankees 5-3 (Apr '10) Apr '10 cachi 1
News Matsui gets first game-winning hit for Angels (Apr '10) Apr '10 Mike 1
More from around the web