Ohio.com - Indians' 17 hits pound Royals

Ohio.com - Indians' 17 hits pound Royals

There are 9 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Aug 26, 2007, titled Ohio.com - Indians' 17 hits pound Royals. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

KANSAS CITY, MO.: In two of the past four games, the Indians have scored at least nine runs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

MikeDelahoz

Sanibel, FL

#1 Aug 26, 2007
Wedge making some good decisions with calling up Laffey then sticking with Cabrera and moving him to the 2nd spot in the batting order. Its paid off already. If Barfield can turn his offense around next spring, they need to move Jhonny to 3rd, Cabrera to SS and Blake is the utility guy.
Ken Blessinger

Lebanon, TN

#2 Aug 26, 2007
I was seriously surprised by Wedge's decision to move Cabrera to the two hole. Nonetheless, I applaud it. When you're in a pennant race and your offense has struggled, always favor talent over experience. He probably won't do that when he starts Gomez. So, the question becomes, "what will he do?" Moving Blake back to that spot in the batting order would be moronic. The problem is that it has to be a guy with some foot speed, so Peralta and various others are almost certainly not being considered. My impulse would be to start Gomez there, even though he is considered to be just a journeyman player. He makes good contact and has above average, but not exceptional, speed. Besides, there really isn't much choice.
ramon

Canton, OH

#3 Aug 26, 2007
I was reading Fausto's lips last night. he said save some of those runs for me!!
Following the Tribe

Wooster, OH

#4 Aug 26, 2007
Wedge appears to have perceived that Casey is no #2 hitter and that Cabrera and Guittierez are too good to sit or to bat down in the order. As Knoxville indicates, talent must be served. Track records are fine but not the end-all.
Hey, does this team have pitching! Wow! Laffey wasn't even on the radar and here he is doing a good job in a division race! And Miller was the #1 stud--we have yet to see him in the bigs. All these great arms make for some interesting decisions, probably affected deeply by what unfolds with CC.
OldManGrump

Canton, OH

#5 Aug 26, 2007
Bats came alive. You live by the hit and the great starting pitching so far this year.

Go Tribe !!!
name withheld

Stow, OH

#6 Aug 26, 2007
Wedge must go!
Fuzzy

Stow, OH

#7 Aug 26, 2007
The stubborn Eric Wedge finally pulls Blake from the two hole and lo and behold....the Tribe scores a run in the very first inning. How many games have been tanked while Wedge has been trying to prove some point that only he understands? The fans have been screaming and whining about it for months. Eric Wedge is a stubborn man who seems willing to blow the team's season on a whim.
bikerman

Crestview, FL

#8 Aug 26, 2007
Now, if Wedge can just stick with this lineup. It has taken forever to get Blake out of the #2 hole. Cabrera offers speed, bat control, and the ability to bunt. Fortunately, we are still in 1st. place , because now we will pull away. It would be my guess that the whole team knew the problem, but it was Wedge's stubborness. It is also very important that Hafner continues to bat #3. His OBP is still terrific, and Victor will get it done in the 4 hole.
mike hargrove

Gulfport, MS

#9 Aug 26, 2007
the Tribe will need 17 hits a game to overcome Wedge's inability to adjust to his own foolish weakness in handling his pitchers...he may be great in the season, but based on his current pitching philosophy (no relievers warm up until the starter has had a good battering around) i wouldn't want him coaching in a playoff or world series game...at times he is an insufferable idiot in handling his pitchers or getting releivers up and getting warm...he has ruined sowers and lee for the year by leaving them in until they have to believe they can't do the job

the man cannot manage pitching, period

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Billy Buckner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ohio.com - Indians can't score win (Sep '07) Sep '07 RobinErie 22
More from around the web