Pennant repeat no easy feat

Pennant repeat no easy feat

There are 2 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 5, 2009, titled Pennant repeat no easy feat. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Way back when, back before interleague play and the wild-card playoff era, that great baseball writer, William Shakespeare , quoted the Yankees' general manager, Henry IV, with an observation that rings truer by the year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Rod from Tennessee

AOL

#1 Apr 6, 2009
The Cubs have the biggest spending increase from last season at 35 million? I find that shocking and ironic, as only the Cubs could increase their spending that much, and yet seem like they've downgraded their talent base.
from the far south side

Hollywood, FL

#3 Apr 6, 2009
So the Pennsylvania teams have the longest streaks of losing seasons ever, eh? In spite of that, they together somehow manage to win a World Series every decade or so on average, unlike the Chicago combo. If you count in the Philadelphia Athletics, the boys from the Keystone State have won twelve world championships and played in 21! Now, who should feel deprived?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bernie Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What the New York Yankees Can Do to Spark Offen... (Jun '13) Jun '13 chris mari 3
News Bernie acknowledges playing days are over (Feb '11) Feb '11 Gerry from New York 1
News Jeter doubles up on special milestones (May '10) May '10 Doris Quinlan 1
News Granderson takes No. 14 in Yankees' welcoming (Jan '10) Jan '10 Mvpbrodie93 1
News The New York Yankees Are Back, and It's Good fo... (Jul '09) Jul '09 alp 2
News 95-year-old Danbury woman loves her Yankees (May '09) Jun '09 Matty 2
News Yankee Stadium debut is a bust for the home team (Apr '09) Apr '09 DAVID 31
More from around the web