Yankees wear A.L. crown

Yankees wear A.L. crown

There are 37 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Oct 26, 2009, titled Yankees wear A.L. crown. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Alex Rodriguez, welcome to the World Series. The New York Yankees are back in baseball's big event.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
kevin

Queensbury, NY

#21 Oct 28, 2009
You LIE wrote:
<quoted text>
AS of 11 PM eastern time, Looks like another big Stankees,.....CHOKE.
Go Phillies
You LIE

Leicester, MA

#22 Oct 28, 2009
K-Rod looked like an anemic weak sister. He already has BLOWN his load.
You LIE

Leicester, MA

#23 Oct 28, 2009
obamasux wrote:
<quoted text> ha ha you aint saying it from fenway paaaaak. because the sox su&k so bad they didnt even get to play the series.
But they didn't pull off, the BIGGEST CHOKE in playoff history. 3-0 to, 3-4 . NOBODY has EVER done that!!! Except, the STANKEES!!!

STANKESS hold that title!!! CHOKER!!!
kevin

Queensbury, NY

#24 Oct 28, 2009
You LIE wrote:
K-Rod looked like an anemic weak sister. He already has BLOWN his load.
Steroids will do that to you.They may stay in the system a while but sooner or later they need to have the talent.
You LIE

Leicester, MA

#25 Oct 28, 2009
kevin wrote:
<quoted text>Steroids will do that to you.They may stay in the system a while but sooner or later they need to have the talent.
Sorry, I meant ......K-ROID
Phil Ivey WPT

Rensselaer, NY

#26 Oct 29, 2009
It ain't over till its over, nice to see Yogi last night, relax, its only a game.

“YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#27 Oct 29, 2009
Morning baseball fans. Hey Yank fans, its just one game....nothing to get too worried about. Have the papers in NYC started with the "Fire Joe" articles? Hey, here's something thats interesting....compare A-Rod's and Tex's first World Series game to Dice K's first World Series game:

Arod 4 AB, 0 H, 3 K's, 0 RBI
Tex 4 AB, 0 H, 2 K's, 0 RBI
Dice 3 AB, 1 H, 1 K, 2 RBI

This is just comparing each players first world series appearance.
dumbindown

New Rochelle, NY

#28 Oct 29, 2009
Uncle Jack wrote:
Morning baseball fans. Hey Yank fans, its just one game....nothing to get too worried about. Have the papers in NYC started with the "Fire Joe" articles? Hey, here's something thats interesting....compare A-Rod's and Tex's first World Series game to Dice K's first World Series game:
Arod 4 AB, 0 H, 3 K's, 0 RBI
Tex 4 AB, 0 H, 2 K's, 0 RBI
Dice 3 AB, 1 H, 1 K, 2 RBI
This is just comparing each players first world series appearance.
Wow, maybe Rice K can find a good team in the NL to play for so he can get some more chances at bat.
Dismal start for the yanks but hey LOTS of room for improvement.
That phillies pitcher looked amazing last night, got to give him his props.
Hopefully game 2 = redemption for the good ol boys. Time will tell.

Location hidden

#29 Oct 29, 2009
dumbindown wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, maybe Rice K can find a good team in the NL to play for so he can get some more chances at bat.
Dismal start for the yanks but hey LOTS of room for improvement.
That phillies pitcher looked amazing last night, got to give him his props.
Hopefully game 2 = redemption for the good ol boys. Time will tell.
"Good ol boys"....you can't be talking about the Yankees. That just don't jive.....doesn't make sense.
dumbindown

New Rochelle, NY

#30 Oct 29, 2009
Uncle Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
"Good ol boys"....you can't be talking about the Yankees. That just don't jive.....doesn't make sense.
Makes perfect sense to me, to each his own... or is it beauty is in the eye of the beholder?

Location hidden

#31 Oct 29, 2009
dumbindown wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes perfect sense to me, to each his own... or is it beauty is in the eye of the beholder?
To each his own and beauty is in the eye of the beholder both cover it.
dumbindown

Rensselaer, NY

#32 Oct 29, 2009
Uncle Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
To each his own and beauty is in the eye of the beholder both cover it.
Are you a sox fan Uncle Jack? I am married to one, so it can get real rough around here! Needless to say we watch sox/yank games in seperate rooms! She is rooting hard for the phils, in fact she is making cheese steaks for dinner!! The nerve!
dumbindown

Rensselaer, NY

#33 Oct 29, 2009
You LIE wrote:
<quoted text>
But they didn't pull off, the BIGGEST CHOKE in playoff history. 3-0 to, 3-4 . NOBODY has EVER done that!!! Except, the STANKEES!!!
STANKESS hold that title!!! CHOKER!!!
With great success comes great risks and inevitably great loss, the yankees have won FORTY AL championships and TWENTY SIX WORLD SERIES, this is the 40th time they have been there too, I would take that for a few big chokes along the way. Do you really think what you said offends a yankee fan? The chokers happen to be the winniest team in the history of ALL sports! If they never win another world series championship I have seen more than I could ever wish for!

Location hidden

#34 Oct 29, 2009
dumbindown wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a sox fan Uncle Jack? I am married to one, so it can get real rough around here! Needless to say we watch sox/yank games in seperate rooms! She is rooting hard for the phils, in fact she is making cheese steaks for dinner!! The nerve!
I am a HUGE Red Sox fan. On my mom's side of the family, EVERYONE is a Yankee fan, so I hear it from all of them. You're wife sounds like a great lady!
johnny

Meriden, CT

#35 Oct 29, 2009
Rock vs Stone cold at WM 26
douche

Rensselaer, NY

#37 Oct 30, 2009
Who is the dumbindown? talk about a typical rude big headed yankee fan.... good for you...that is all in the past and dosent even matter. yesterday is gone..
dumbindown

New Rochelle, NY

#38 Oct 30, 2009
douche wrote:
Who is the dumbindown? talk about a typical rude big headed yankee fan.... good for you...that is all in the past and dosent even matter. yesterday is gone..
Couldn't be more off the mark, I said nothing rude nor anything "big headed". I happen to be proud of what they have accomplished, and I wasn't just saying it to say it. But obviously you didn't read what the person wrote who I was responding too. I was simply stating that I would take a few big chokes over the years any time for what they have done. Your's is my favorite sox fan defense. It truth, the past only doesn't matter when its beneficial for the person bringing it up. If I was a decorated soldier I would be very proud of my past. If I spent the last ten years in jail, then not so much. Stupid analogy but you get my point. Yesterday is gone, but god damn its been good! And guess what we still got a shot TODAY!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alex Rodriguez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rumor Mill: New York Yankees May Entertain a Tr... Oct '15 Fart news 4
News MLB roundup: A-Rod reaches 3,000 hits, Yankees win (Jun '15) Jun '15 Ay Roid 2
News Rodriguez is the 29th player in history to reac... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Fart news 2
News Yankees' A-Rod sued by former Miami pitching co... (Jun '15) Jun '15 tom wingo 5
News Alex Rodriguez joins Aaron in 2,000-RBI club (Jun '15) Jun '15 tom wingo 2
News Michael Pineda shines as Yankees sweep Royals, ... (May '15) Jun '15 tom wingo 9
News Seattle Mariners' Lloyd McClendon gets ejected,... (Jun '15) Jun '15 tom wingo 4
More from around the web