Mark McGwire Admits Using Steroids

Mark McGwire Admits Using Steroids

There are 148 comments on the Fox2Now story from Jan 11, 2010, titled Mark McGwire Admits Using Steroids. In it, Fox2Now reports that:

Mark McGwire finally came clean, admitting he used steroids when he broke baseball's home run record in 1998.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox2Now.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Nick L

United States

#1 Jan 11, 2010
he should be fired right away by the cardinals and he should never be allowed to be anywhere around baseball at all. he shouldnt even be allowed to coach his sons team. he should have no contact with anything baseball and he should disapear with his head held down.
MegatronsHeir

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Jan 11, 2010
I think anyone who saw McGwire sit before Congress tight-lipped knew he juiced. If you didn't, you weren't watching with your brain as well as your eyes! As it should be with ALL players who cheat (YES, it is cheating!) should have all their stats struck from the record and allow a REAL player to go for the REAL record! Shame on you, Mark! Kids respected you and looked up to you!
Alan

Madison, WI

#3 Jan 11, 2010
Lets lay-off Mark. When he took steroids, ONE. they were prescribed by a licensed physician. TWO steroids were NOT, let me type that again STEROIDS WERE NOT a banned substance in Major League Baseball. He screwed up, but let he/she who has NEVER screwed up cast the first stone!

Nuff said, now lets move on to the Cardinals 11th World Series Championship.....
Jerry

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Jan 11, 2010
Who cares. Baseball is no longer a sport but a high-paying business. The most boring game is a pitching dual - everybody wants a game with a lot of hitting, thus many home runs. It shouldn't make any difference what they stick in their mouths or in their bodies just so long as they show up.
David in High Point NC

Greensboro, NC

#5 Jan 11, 2010
McGwire is a fraud, a sham and a cheat. His records should be erased from MLB and he should be denied entry to any MLB park forever. Remember Pete Rose and how he was treated.
Watch out Sosa! You're next! Then Giambi!
Butta

United States

#6 Jan 11, 2010
I think that they change the name of highway 70!!! I like Mark but I used like Alex!! Just don't like a person that can disrespect his body, brain, the game of baseball.. Puishment should be a harder on people that pertray as role models for the kids who only play with their hearts...!!!!! Butta
victors1

United States

#7 Jan 11, 2010
We knew he did steroids, and I don't think it's right that he did. However, I must also add, that between McGuire and Sosa--they brought baseball back from the edge(after all the strikes, etc). If he is kicked out, then Everyone that does steroids should be! If his record is removed so should Sosa, and A-Rod! Good for the goose is good for the gander.
Personally I did (and do) like him, and will still be a fan and glad to see him back as a coach.
knw314

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Jan 11, 2010
Ok so when will he go to jail...you know perjury, lying, deceit..Steroid use....it's forbidden in the Sports world......St. Louis Cardinals for the respect of your city and the Fans...all ties shold be cut with Mark "The Liar McGwire......Open your ears LaRussa and the rest of "Big Wigs in Cardinal world" all his records may say big time winner but...,Mark you are a "BIG TIME LOSER"

momma65

United States

#9 Jan 11, 2010
His not admitting to "using steroids" when he retired was a mistake. Now he has an opportunity for a paycheck and a position in the lime light, so he decides to come clean. HOW CONVENIENT.No denying he is quite an athlete, but falls short in the "role model" department.
lala

New Madrid, MO

#10 Jan 11, 2010
I think its sad people have the don't care attitude. Its also sad for the young athletes who look up to him or looked up to him. He obviously should be held accountable for his actions. I don't think he should be shunned from the sport or STL, however he broke a record and had the nerve to hug the family of the record he broke. Come on.....I hope someone beats his record the old fashioned way, by playing an honest game.
David and Lori Nimmons

Mattoon, IL

#11 Jan 11, 2010
What kind of sportmanship are we teaching our childern/grandchildern about Mc Gwire and how he cheated to make a name in sports. And this stuff that the manager didn't know anything about it is a bunch of B.S. My wife and I are true Card fan, thru the good and bad, but this deal with Mc Gwire can not be over looked. If he was truely sorry he ought to return all perks, destroy all references to him in the record books plus BAR HIM From the hall of Fame. He is no better than Pete Rose then. Always rember a cheater never wins.
Au N Panda

Florissant, MO

#12 Jan 11, 2010
I applaud McGwire on his decision to come clean. On one note, he was "wrong" for his choice in using them, but as to the reason why, one could say McGwire was wrong, etc, but the fact is that now, he's recognized what he's done and has accepted the consequences.
Janine

Millstadt, IL

#13 Jan 11, 2010
At least he did not lie to congress. For some reason it was not time for him to fess up. I really want to know why you don't hear any more about the players that lied? Wander about Barrt Bonds?
laura b

Addison, IL

#14 Jan 11, 2010
I am sooo glad to have Mark back at home!! So he admitted to steroids, who else? So what, already dug out my MacZilla shirt,wearing it tomorrow. love ya Mark, glad to have you!!
Janine

Millstadt, IL

#15 Jan 11, 2010
Sorry keys on my lap top messed up that was wonder and Barry Bonds
Johnny C

Ballwin, MO

#16 Jan 11, 2010
you know we hear all of the accusations and now we finally hear the actually truth, but does that really take away everything he has done. Put the the records aside, put the scandal aside, lets put in perspective all that he has done for the sport of baseball, and what he has brought to st. louis. Him and sammy sosa both did more for baseball in that one year then we actually realize. That year the entire nation US and Canada tuned into every sports channel known to man to watch the Race to to the Record. Those two men brought baseball out of the funk it was in, and turned in back into americas game. To this day i feel that without that miraculous year, baseball might actually not be as popular to what it has grown into. He brought baseball back to St. Louis, and brought fans from other states to finally recognize the true brilliance of Cardinals Nation. And for that I THANKYOU MARK MCGWIRE!!! For without you we may not have this great game at this present time. NOw i don't feel you deserve to be in the Hall of Fame for your statistacal "acheivements" but i believe you deserve to be in the hall of fame for what you have brought to the game.
Truth is

Fenton, MO

#17 Jan 11, 2010
1)Steroids are an enhancement to strength
2)lasik surgery is an enhancement to sight
3)Tommy John surgery is an enhancement to arm durability and strength.
None of the above makes you able to play pro baseball.
enough said
Wayne C

Granite City, IL

#18 Jan 11, 2010
I am disapointed that he used them, but we all have a past and he has come clean, and not continued with them.
Hmmm

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Jan 11, 2010
What's done is done... steriod use was NOT illeagal back when McGwire was playing MLB. I don't think it was right for him to do so, but according to the rules at the time is was only frowned upon. I think what he has now done is finally confirm all the speculation that has been going on for years. Now, lets move on.
goatlady

Dunnellon, FL

#20 Jan 11, 2010
OMG!! What a DRAMA QUEEN! And a LIAR even when he says he's coming clean.. WOW.. He is as much of a joke now as he was in the 2005 trials .. AND in the late 80's when I witnessed his playing in Oakland.. Gimme a Break! So I guess since he has an excuse for not saying anything in front of congress he will get off for that too.. OK.. of course LaRussa is going to Kiss his butt.. he did in Oakland too (I'm from the Bay Area and I can tell you.. That bum was on steroids in the late 80's too.. You can see it in his face.. Look at his rookie cards form 86 and then look at him in 88.. and you tell me .. that is not the face of a 'roid freak.. LOL HA! I hated him then and I hate him now.. just because he was in St Louis.. everyone wants to give him a break?? HAHA! He can't even come clean truthfully.. He is a JOKE.. gimme more tears you wuss. and as far as LaRussa goes.. he's as much of a jerk as McGwire.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alex Rodriguez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Yankees' Dustin Ackley to have season-ending su... Jun 1 Spike 2
News Hal Steinbrenner should blame himself, too, for... May '16 Spike 3
News Jacoby Ellsbury runs before game, Yankees hope ... May '16 Spike 1
News Ellsbury hoping to avoid going on 15-day DL May '16 Spike 6
News Rumor Mill: New York Yankees May Entertain a Tr... (Oct '15) Apr '16 Cubsrule69 5
News MLB roundup: A-Rod reaches 3,000 hits, Yankees win (Jun '15) Apr '16 user103350 3
News Rodriguez is the 29th player in history to reac... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Fart news 2
More from around the web