Nolan Ryan Group Wins Auction For Tex...

Nolan Ryan Group Wins Auction For Texas Rangers

There are 1 comment on the WFMZ story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Nolan Ryan Group Wins Auction For Texas Rangers. In it, WFMZ reports that:

An investment group led by Hall of Fame pitcher and Texas Rangers president Nolan Ryan won a contentious and unusual auction for the team early Thursday, beating back a nearly $600 million offer from outspoken Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#1 Aug 5, 2010
Good for the Rangers. I think Mr. Ryan may have a decent idea on how to run a baseball organization. Mr. Cuban's "methods" are clearly more suited for the NBA, not baseball. I'm still waiting for the day when we have an all-Texas World Series - I'm not holding my breath, though. The Astros still have some growing to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alex Rodriguez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Girardi's Time Running Out? Oct 13 auntiejj 6
News Yankees CC Sabathia Plans to Keep Pitching Beyo... Oct 1 Spike 5
News Which candidates get donations from ballplayers? Sep 28 El Cacique 4
News Yankees Blueprint for a 2017 World Series Champ... Sep '16 Stingo 1
News Brian McCann calls Yankees' kids 'Best young gr... Aug '16 Stella Velasquez 6
News A-Rod all but ruling out return in '17 Aug '16 El Cacique 1
News Yankees' Dustin Ackley to have season-ending su... Jun '16 Spike 2
More from around the web