Six years later, Nomar returns to Red...

Six years later, Nomar returns to Red Sox -- then leaves for good

There are 5 comments on the North Adams Transcript story from Mar 11, 2010, titled Six years later, Nomar returns to Red Sox -- then leaves for good. In it, North Adams Transcript reports that:

Six years after he was traded away for the final pieces of Boston's World Series puzzle, Nomar Garciaparra finally got a friendly farewell from the Red Sox.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Adams Transcript.

Tony

Taipei, Taiwan

#1 Mar 13, 2010
After saw the news of Nomar retired as Red Sox, I was so thrilled and cried.

Nomar is in my heart as Red Sox player all along. Was in shocked when he was traded that year, it must be hard for lots of players.

He struggled the remaining years, i felt Boston did a good thing to have ceremonial contract to have him back.
Oh Brother

South Hadley, MA

#2 Mar 14, 2010
Well first let me say that I was not really a nomar fan, but likewise not a hater of him either. I had always felt that he had a special connection with the past because of his good relationship with Ted Williams. I thought that the entire trade was a bunch of BS and yet another classless move by the red sux organization. Its amazing what they do to their beloved players who were viewed as gods once upon a time, then when they needed them no longer, they were thrown in the gutter like yesterdays trash. Look at Nomar, Clemens, Damon, Boggs, and others. Anyone of them could have run for mayor while they played in boston and the city "embraced them", but then when they were no longer needed, they were kicked out and then the fans likewise had no use for them either. So now this organization signs him back for one day and everyone thinks its such a wonderful thing and it makes everything right. Maybe its a feelgood momentary gesture, but it will not erase the truth of what they have done to him and others in the past, present and future.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#3 Mar 14, 2010
If it wasn't for the Nomar trade, the Red Sox would not have won a world series and was good timing too. Nomar was one of the best hitters the Red Sox ever had but his time was up with injuries and age.
Needles

Springfield, MA

#4 Mar 14, 2010
The Nomar trade won them the world series? Face the facts, manny and ortiz won them the world series, hands down. Of course the truth has since come out and since they both had steroid needles stuck in them, it kind of puts a damper on that accomplishment now doesn't it. They were many people who felt Nomar had his hand in the steroids jar as well, and if you look at what his numbers showed, they would appear to back up those accusations. Perhaps when Canseco releases his next list of names, more truth will be told.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#5 Mar 14, 2010
Needles wrote:
The Nomar trade won them the world series? Face the facts, manny and ortiz won them the world series, hands down. Of course the truth has since come out and since they both had steroid needles stuck in them, it kind of puts a damper on that accomplishment now doesn't it. They were many people who felt Nomar had his hand in the steroids jar as well, and if you look at what his numbers showed, they would appear to back up those accusations. Perhaps when Canseco releases his next list of names, more truth will be told.
The Nomar trade made the difference,in a four team trade it brought in Cabrera,Mientkiewics,and Dave Roberts from the Dodgers. It made the Red Sox a better defencesive team by far and without the Roberts steal there wouldn't have been any world series.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alex Rodriguez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Yankees' Dustin Ackley to have season-ending su... Jun 1 Spike 2
News Hal Steinbrenner should blame himself, too, for... May '16 Spike 3
News Jacoby Ellsbury runs before game, Yankees hope ... May '16 Spike 1
News Ellsbury hoping to avoid going on 15-day DL May '16 Spike 6
News Rumor Mill: New York Yankees May Entertain a Tr... (Oct '15) Apr '16 Cubsrule69 5
News MLB roundup: A-Rod reaches 3,000 hits, Yankees win (Jun '15) Apr '16 user103350 3
News Rodriguez is the 29th player in history to reac... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Fart news 2
More from around the web