McGwire Admits Using Steroids

McGwire Admits Using Steroids

There are 14 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Jan 11, 2010, titled McGwire Admits Using Steroids. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

Mark McGwire finally came clean Monday, admitting he used steroids when he broke baseball's home run record in 1998.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

anotheridiot

United States

#1 Jan 11, 2010
Yeah, I never thought Opey Taylor could leglitimately hit those home runs.
He's just another scumbag athlete confessing after he cashed all those checks.
Hall of Shame--red headed step athlete.
toni

Ashley, OH

#2 Jan 11, 2010
DUH!!!
B James

Lorain, OH

#3 Jan 11, 2010
They should hold him accountable too and strip him of any titles he's won taking his neme out of the record books!
lapz06

Mentor, OH

#4 Jan 11, 2010
I took Steroids for 8 yrs and am in great health,you people spend more time and energy on this matter than these disasters were having! What's the problem with them???? Half the things people think about steroids, are all myths anyways. "Steroids" is a category, just as "Pills" so if you can't name at least 2 kinds,then you should NOT have an opinion period,and if you think they are bad for you, THINK AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! You all ruined the game and lost peoples interest over nothing,im still alive at 35 and look fine and feel great,but that's a crime. Why do they have to apologize for and cry on National T.V.????? Get off it already! They don't make you high.
toni

Ashley, OH

#5 Jan 11, 2010
lapz06 wrote:
I took Steroids for 8 yrs and am in great health,you people spend more time and energy on this matter than these disasters were having! What's the problem with them???? Half the things people think about steroids, are all myths anyways. "Steroids" is a category, just as "Pills" so if you can't name at least 2 kinds,then you should NOT have an opinion period,and if you think they are bad for you, THINK AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! You all ruined the game and lost peoples interest over nothing,im still alive at 35 and look fine and feel great,but that's a crime. Why do they have to apologize for and cry on National T.V.????? Get off it already! They don't make you high.
The point is, can't these guys do something with natural ability? It's like beauty queens getting breast implants. I have no time for unnaturally enhanced athletes or beauty queens.
The Raven

Dover, OH

#6 Jan 11, 2010
Lap...

If he wants to take steroids on his own time...using his own body, I have no problem with his right to choose.

HOWEVER!!!

When his use of a banned substance affected the outcome of a game watched by millions of Americans who EXPECT FAIR PLAY, it becomes my business.

He was wrong...period.

Keep taking steroids all you want as well...soon your nickname will be squeaky...for more than one obvious reason...
lapz06

Mentor, OH

#7 Jan 11, 2010
By your comments,you know nothing about them,i do and the fact is they are here to help sick people,aids patients,cancer,bone density,etc...on and on and they all serve different purposes.You listen to the media and i'll keep my name as "squeaky",doesn't bother me,educate yourself,i experienced them,and if they are so bad why are all my vitals acceptable every month?????? Do some research and quit letting the media brainwash you,cause that's what they are doing!
lapz06

Mentor, OH

#8 Jan 11, 2010
Toni,there is so many using them in all sports,it's competition and it's not gonna stop,loop holes for it everywhere,i think they just spend too much time on something that they say is bad but give it to sick people,it is in all hospitals,look when you go to the doctors office,they are right on the table.They CAN be bad if you don't use them correctly.
lapz06

Mentor, OH

#9 Jan 11, 2010
Everyone sure enjoyed watching all these guys when they were hitting home runs and made it exciting,now because they take steroids,it's not fair??? Well, enjoy your empty stands now! Thats my point!
Gussie

Akron, OH

#11 Jan 12, 2010
Marion Jones was stripped of her medals and sent to prison due to steriod use, but Mark McGwire gets a coaching position. Why is that?
Beverly from Cleveland

Cleveland, OH

#12 Jan 12, 2010
Mark McGuire should be stripped of any accolades relating to breaking the Homerun record. Why should his admission of steroid use go unpunished? He's no different than Marion Jones who came forward and was stripped of All olympic medals. Even her teammates were stripped of their medals because of her. Pete Rose was banned from baseball for betting on games. Oj Simpson was stripped of hie Heisman Trophy years later because of actions not related to football. Should Mark be praised for coming "Clean" and saying he was sorry? I don't think so.
Cell-drivers are Killers

United States

#13 Jan 12, 2010
But did it make him a better player? I say no. Like all BB players who beef up, he lost foot speed and in BB that's a big loss. Same thing happened with Bonzie.

Mark used steroids and hit more HRs as a result, but it did NOT make him a better overall player. And remember he was a great slugger even before he bulked up.

You want a cheat, look at gaylord perry and he's in the Hall!!
Just Me

Warren, OH

#14 Jan 12, 2010
Another paid athlete admits to steroids? Really, is anyone surprised?
Just Me

Warren, OH

#15 Jan 12, 2010
And as for what Lapz said, it is true that they use steroids for medical, My 6yr old niece has been on steroids for about 4 years and will be on them for a long time do to a tragic accident that left he in a vegitative state. With the use of steroids and other therapies and medications we have seen improvement!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alex Rodriguez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hal Steinbrenner should blame himself, too, for... May 23 Spike 3
News Jacoby Ellsbury runs before game, Yankees hope ... May 12 Spike 1
News Ellsbury hoping to avoid going on 15-day DL May 12 Spike 6
News Rumor Mill: New York Yankees May Entertain a Tr... (Oct '15) Apr '16 Cubsrule69 5
News MLB roundup: A-Rod reaches 3,000 hits, Yankees win (Jun '15) Apr '16 user103350 3
News Rodriguez is the 29th player in history to reac... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Fart news 2
News Yankees' A-Rod sued by former Miami pitching co... (Jun '15) Jun '15 tom wingo 5
More from around the web