Twins closer Matt Capps hopes his best is good enough during dog da...

Full story: TwinCities.com 8
Matt Capps has 30 saves this season, four with his new team. But he also has two blown saves since joining the Twins on July 29. Full Story
gas

Seneca Falls, NY

#1 Aug 18, 2010
There is a article yhat says capps is putting the lid on opposition, where the hell is this guy watching capps can't even get the batters out blown to many games already, this guy is a bust twins should waive this bum wonder why he never was on a good team he can't hold his own. he sucks, don't know what the twins saw in this guy but get rid of him now before it's to late.
toivo2feathers

Wenatchee, WA

#2 Aug 19, 2010
gas wrote:
There is a article yhat says capps is putting the lid on opposition, where the hell is this guy watching capps can't even get the batters out blown to many games already, this guy is a bust twins should waive this bum wonder why he never was on a good team he can't hold his own. he sucks, don't know what the twins saw in this guy but get rid of him now before it's to late.
I totally agree. His name should be Matt Handicapps.
FE Richards

Jacksonville, IL

#3 Aug 19, 2010
gas wrote:
Cut your best option at closer by far in the middle of a pennant race? Don't give up your day job just yet Richie.
O-3E in 101st Airborne

Columbus, OH

#4 Aug 19, 2010
I saw the play on TV here without realizing at first that it was a Twins highlight. My first reaction was "what a cheap shot that was" and then I saw it was DY. In as much as I'm a Twins fan for life (the mid-90's notwithstanding) that was a pretty unnecessary move by Young. I think AJ showed a lot of class not to retaliate.

Since: Dec 09

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Aug 19, 2010
Matt Capps has not looked good. He fails to reach his balance point consistently, sailing multiple pitches right down the middle. His fastball has average velocity, and his breaking stuff is lame. Wednesday night, he threw one good fastball down, then everything sailed high.

If the Twins want to avoid Capps becoming a nightmare, Anderson needs to work him hard on his timing and footwork. I see very little precision in Capps's pitching mechanics. His delivery is vague and inconsistent. He's got a first rate arm, but if he wants to be a successful major league pitcher, he needs to learn better form.
Robbie

Edenton, NC

#6 Aug 19, 2010
Matt Capps is with the Twins because they were not able to participate in the signing of quality pitchers due to their limited expense account. Also they did not want to break the bank on a 3 month rental like Cliff Lee telling me they think they can do it with the starting rotation that currently have---good luck with that. Capps right now is in the same category as the closer they had in Rauch and has proven that in his outings. The upside on Capps is he has potential to become a SMART pitcher and has not reached the top of the bar on his learning curve. Would I sign him next year, possibly in the pen but not a closer--but we can hope that Nathan will come back to his old form come next season.............
Jackie

Two Harbors, MN

#7 Aug 19, 2010
Capps bottomline is not that bad and the saves he didn't get still ended in wins. Delmond could have been safe had he slid away from AJ had and veered back away from him.
gas

Seneca Falls, NY

#8 Aug 19, 2010
he sucks. so does gardy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alex Rios Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's Get Creative: The Right Field Hole Dec 16 johnnyj 1
A-Rod singles, Yankees lose 8-1 to White Sox (Aug '13) Aug '13 Kelly 2
Pirates Trade Rumors: Latest Buzz on Bucs' Purs... (Jul '13) Jul '13 butch zelasco 1
Marlins lose 5-3 to White Sox, completing sweep (May '13) May '13 Ozzie Guillen 1
Doubront Sharp But Two-Out Hits Again Doom Red ... (May '13) May '13 billyb02 1
MLB Rumors: Could New York Yankees Be Ready To ... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Jammer Man 3
Royals-White Sox Preview (Sep '12) Sep '12 CWS FAN 1
More from around the web