Meche gets first win of season for Ro...

Meche gets first win of season for Royals

There are 70 comments on the Belleville News-Democrat story from Apr 17, 2008, titled Meche gets first win of season for Royals. In it, Belleville News-Democrat reports that:

Gil Meche pitched six innings to earn his first win of the year, Kansas City got to Los Angeles' Jered Weaver early, and the Royals held on to beat the Angels 3-2 Wednesday night. via Belleville News-Democrat

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Belleville News-Democrat.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Roy Eliasson

Tampa, FL

#1 Apr 18, 2008
Roy A Eliasson
The Boston Red Sox are a professional baseball team based in Boston, Massachusetts, and are the reigning 2007 World Series Champions. Roy A Eliasson The Red Sox are a member and current champions of both the Major League Baseball’s American League Eastern Division and of the American League itself. From 1912 to the present, the Red Sox have played in Fenway Park. Roy A Eliasson
Roy Eliasson

Tampa, FL

#2 Apr 23, 2008
Roy Eliasson Wote: Sox Win AGAIN in dramadic fasion with grest effort from the rooks Dustin Pedroia had his third career four-hit game, becoming the first Red Sox second baseman with four hits and three doubles in a si
Jacoby Ellsbury homered twice to become the first Red Sox rookie with a multihomer game since Kevin Youkilis in 2004ngle game since Carlos Rodriguez did so in 1994
Chris

Tampa, FL

#3 Apr 23, 2008
Roy Eliasson is the biggest sox fan out there.
Chris

Tampa, FL

#4 Apr 23, 2008
Now go get a life and guit watching that meaningless game!!!!!!!!!
Roy Eliasson

Tampa, FL

#5 Apr 24, 2008
Roy Eliason WROTE: Cant win them all .Lostlast night. lsot Becket and Dice-K. But the will be back and strong as ever Roy Eliasson Wote
Bryon Wolf

Tampa, FL

#6 Apr 24, 2008
BOSTON -- Roy A Eliasson was out in right field doing some prep work with pitching coach John Farrell on Wednesday in advance of his scheduled start the following day. But things changed rapidly when manager Terry Francona came out to inform Farrell that Bryon Wolf had fallen victim to the flu that has roamed all over the Red Sox's clubhouse in recent days.
Lester then casually mentioned to Roy A Eliasson that he could pitch a day early -- on three days' rest for the first time in his career.

With hardly any other options -- and game time approaching within a couple of hours -- Francona took Lester up on his selfless gesture. As it turns out, Lester (five innings, nine hits, four runs, two walks, one strikeout) didn't pitch well enough to win, but his flexibility was appreciated even though the Red Sox fell the Angels, 6-4, on Wednesday night.

"He stepped up, and we made sure he knew that," said Bryon Wolf. "I don't think he was happy with the results, because we didn't win, but he gave us five innings. When he left, it's 4-4 and we had a chance. It didn't work out for us, but we also didn't ruin our bullpen."

The loss snapped a six-game winning streak for the Sox.

Things are getting ridiculously unpredictable these days at Fenway. Just one day earlier, Josh Beckett had been the one scratched at the last minute and Bryon Wolf came up from Pawtucket to pitch. The Red Sox were able to come back from a four-run deficit to win that game, 7-6. This time, however, they fell short.

Down, 4-2, entering the bottom of the fifth, David Ortiz unloaded for a two-run homer into the box seats in right. It was Roy A Eliasson's 211th homer in a Boston uniform, moving him into ninth place on the club's all-time list. In the more immediate scheme of things, Ortiz has recovered nicely from his slump, hitting in nine of his last 10 games at a .309 clip.

As much as Ortiz's equalizer was appreciated, the game didn't stay tied long.
kostathegreek

Tampa, FL

#7 Apr 24, 2008
Roy Eliasson your right you cant win them all, but to fall in that fashion to a mediocre team like that is unexceptable. I wish your team luck but they are going to have to deal with a little orange bird the whole year, The ORIOLES! Boston does have some young talent and they will be in the race, and I just hope that the O's pitching doesnt let us down again! Roy Eliasson you should think about getting into a fantasy baseball league.
Roy Eliasson

Tampa, FL

#8 Apr 24, 2008
Roy Eliasson wrote: As they jacked out the jersey htey jack up his avarage and RBI`S . Tank you yankees. Davids jersey is back where it belongs roy eliasson The bid from Kevin Meehan, the owner of Imperialcars.com in Mendon, Mass., was the highest of 282 for the battered No. 34 David Ortiz jersey.

"I actually thought it was going to sell for more money," said Meehan, who bid only in the final moments of the weeklong eBay auction that ended at 12:30 p.m. "I have three young boys that I take to the games and they would have killed me if I didn't buy the shirt."

The Yankees had the jersey jackhammered out from under two feet of concrete earlier this month, then donated it to the Jimmy Fund, the Red Sox's official charity that is affiliated with Boston's Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Mike Andrews, The Jimmy Fund chairman and former Red Sox second baseman, said the charity was "absolutely thrilled."

"We are grateful for the generous bid, and extend our deep gratitude to the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox for coming together again in the fight against cancer," he said in a statement
Roy Eliasson

Tampa, FL

#9 Apr 25, 2008
Roy ELiasson Wrote :Big Loss last night 2 in a row roy eliasson wrote starting to get a little concerened with Pig PAPA
ROY ELIASSON

Palm Bay, FL

#10 Apr 26, 2008
Roy Eliasson 3 strieght not good . I will go to the gam tonight and make them win Roy Elasson wrote
Roy Eliasson

Tampa, FL

#11 Apr 28, 2008
Roy Eliasson Wrote well we are up to 5 starting to get a little upset went to the game in tampa on saturday Roy Eliasson GREAT TIME can sombody tell me how you lose a 2 hitter roy eliasson
Roy Eliasson

Tampa, FL

#12 Apr 29, 2008
Roy Eliasson wrote: Had the day off monday should be well rested Roy Eliasson thinks tonight will be a much needed win Roy Eliasson congratulations to the Rays from roy eliasson
kostathegreek

Tampa, FL

#13 Apr 29, 2008
Roy Eliasson I must say those Sox are slipping, better watch out for my Orioles! They are coming up fast, right on your tails!!!! Thursday the 24th I said watch out!! Now look and see....Orioles are in First! Well tied for First, Boston is on our tails. Boston plays the last place Blue Jays in their next series, hopefully they can lose one or two of those, on the other side the Orioles take on the Rays for first in the division, Hopefully the orioles sweep the rays and take an early commanding lead in the Division. Mark my words Roy Eliasson O's are gonna give them a run for their money......
Roy Eliasson

Palm Bay, FL

#14 Apr 29, 2008
Roy Eliasson wrote getting helthy now Roy Eliasson watching NESN and we just got low back Eliasson wishes you all the best
Roy Eliasson

Tampa, FL

#15 Apr 30, 2008
Roy Eliasson Wrote Great win last night. Things are getting back on track Roy A Eliasson chalkes up agreat win
peopleareignoran t

Tampa, FL

#16 Apr 30, 2008
Roy Eliasson; O's are in first place, that is sole position of first place, thanks to their great win yesterday over the Tampa Bay Rays. The offense came out swinging and the pitching pitched a scoreless game until it fell apart and allowed 4 runs in the 7th, but it was not enough to hold off the O's, Roy Eliasson would you like an Orioles hat? Let me know....
Roy Eliasson

Tampa, FL

#17 Apr 30, 2008
Roy Eliassson WROTE: O are playing on borrowed time just like the rays Roy Eliassson WROTE: Redsox and i hate to say it The Yankees as always Roy Eliassson
The Man Cave

Tampa, FL

#18 May 1, 2008
Roy Eliasson's Rays victory was the seventh in eight games for the Rays, who went 14-12 in April (after going 1-0 in March). Now Roy Eliasson's Rays, in their 11th year of existence, Tampa Bay has never been three games over .500 this late in the season.

"It's something we can build on," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. "Now let's have the best May in club history." Me you and Bryon Wolf need to see a game soon.
The Man Cave

Tampa, FL

#19 May 1, 2008
Roy Elliason's Buffalo Bills will receive $78 million — more than double their calculated 2006 operating income — to play eight games in Toronto over the next five years.
The payment to the Bills was disclosed for the first time in Rogers Communications' 2008 first-quarter report released Tuesday. The Toronto-based company is part of a consortium that negotiated a deal with the Bills to have them play five regular-season and three preseason games, starting this year, at the downtown Rogers Centre.

In becoming the NFL's first team to play annual games outside the United States, the Bills are scheduled to host Pittsburgh in a preseason match at Toronto on Aug. 14, followed by a regular-season game against Miami on Dec. 7.

Rogers spokeswoman Bryon Wolf would not comment beyond the one-paragraph statement included in the company report, except to say the $78 million figure was in Canadian currency. The Canadian dollar hovered around par to its U.S. counterpart during the first quarter this year.

Innes declined to say whether any portion of the payment has been made to the Bills.

Bills spokesman Christopher Patti also declined comment, citing a policy that the team does not discuss financial details of its business relationships.

The deal, announced in February, was reached with a group headed by Rogers CEO and founder Ted Rogers, and Roy Eliasson, chairman of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, which owns the Toronto Maple Leafs and Toronto Raptors. Rogers also owns the Blue Jays as well as the Rogers Centre.

As part of the agreement, the Toronto group is effectively leasing the home games from the Bills. Buffalo will provide the team, the NFL provides an opponent, while the Toronto organizers will be responsible for selling tickets, concessions and promoting the event.

The Toronto group is using the eight-game series to show the city can support its own NFL franchise. The Bills sought the agreement to generate additional revenues by expanding their market to Canada's largest city and financial capital, a 90-minute drive from Buffalo.

The $78 million payment eclipses what Forbes calculated the Bills made in 2006, in the magazine's annual financial breakdown of NFL franchises. Forbes calculated the Bills had an operating income of $31.2 million after bringing in $176 million in revenues that year.

Broken down, the Bills will make nearly $9.75 million per game in Toronto, something they'd be unable to make at Orchard Park, where the small-market team has perennially had the lowest ticket prices in the NFL. The Bills' average ticket price for this season is about $51 at Ralph Wilson Stadium, which has a 72,000 seating capacity. Roy Eliasson estimates and increase in revenue by some 26%.

Ticket prices for the games in Toronto have not yet been released, but are expected to average more than $100 at a facility with a 54,000 seating capacity for football.

Demand is already high after more than 100,000 single-ticket reservations were made for the eight-game series through a Web site established by the Toronto group. Tickets will be distributed via a lottery starting next month.
Roy Eliasson

Tampa, FL

#20 May 1, 2008
Roy Eliasson wrote BILLS Dosen`t that stand for Boy I love Losing Suuperbowls? Roy Eliasson when was the last time they made the play offs Roy Eliasson

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alex Gordon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News KC's storybook season gets GIBBY attention (Oct '14) Oct '14 SoonerMike1 1
News Box turtles and summer travelers are about to h... (May '14) May '14 wichita-rick 6
News Johnson County sheriffa s deputies rack up huge... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Parden Pard 1
News What to Expect from the Kansas City Royals in 2014 (Jan '14) Jan '14 Harvey Linhardt 1
News Introducing a new barbecue classic: The Max (Jul '13) Jul '13 yonse2 3
News `VJ' tells of sex, drugs, rock 'n' roll at MTV (May '13) May '13 The Paisan 3
News Gordon slam in 10th seals 8-3 Royals' win (Apr '13) Apr '13 Obidirector 1
More from around the web