FAA bans Chantix drug

FAA bans Chantix drug

There are 30 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from May 22, 2008, titled FAA bans Chantix drug. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

The Federal Aviation Administration banned pilots and air traffic controllers yesterday from using a popular anti-smoking drug after a study found that it had apparently contributed to auto accidents and other ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
A-Guy

New Kensington, PA

#21 May 23, 2008
My dreams were rather creative. What really bothers me is the ringing in my ear (tinnitus), smell of dirt all the time (dysgeusia), and acid reflux (upchucking all the time). I'd rather die under an oxygen tent than to live with these symptoms the rest of my life.
Paul

Simpsonville, SC

#22 May 23, 2008
I used Chantix and have to honestly say that it helped curb my urge to smoke HOWEVER I became very nasty tempered to the point I almost lost my job and wife. That is not my usual self. Within a short period of time after stopping the medication I started to regain my typical personality..that was months ago and I don't think I have regained my old self back completely at this point.
Barb

Ardmore, OK

#23 May 26, 2008
I started 2nd round of Chantix and take 1 or 2 pills a week. This seems to work for me I'm just scared my Doc won't give me a third prescription.
Barb

Ardmore, OK

#24 May 26, 2008
I take chantix and smoke 2 cigs per day. I am taking my 2nd round. I only take 1 pill per week but want to get 1 more prescription, am I crazy, I have not had any side effects that I am aware of.
irene

Toronto, Canada

#25 May 26, 2008
Day 24 on Champix. I only take 1 pill in the morning now a days. I think two is too much. Anyways I totally feel like a non smoker after being smoke free of just 15 days. :) Champix works.
Chantix User

Seattle, WA

#26 May 31, 2008
The main Chantix threads are in the Healthcare Law forum. There are many of them.

Here's one of the links to get there:

http://www.topix.com/forum/law/healthcare/TBP...
Reality Bites

Sonora, KY

#27 May 31, 2008
A-Guy wrote:
My dreams were rather creative. What really bothers me is the ringing in my ear (tinnitus), smell of dirt all the time (dysgeusia), and acid reflux (upchucking all the time). I'd rather die under an oxygen tent than to live with these symptoms the rest of my life.
I already had Meinere's Disease but the Chantix made my tinnitus, and severe dizzy spells, and attacks much worse, and the frequency of episodes increased. All my symtoms became worse...it was horrific. I had not made the association for sure, but after I stopped taking it my symtoms decreased. It was a horrible experience.
irene

Toronto, Canada

#28 Jun 3, 2008
I stoped taking champix after just 3 weeks of taking it. I've been smoke free for four days now without the medication. Hardly any craving even when there are people smoking around me. I consider myself smoke free and I feel so much healthier all thanks to champix.

Advice though: If you start noticing real bad symtomps stop taking two pills a day just take the morning one, it'll do trust me. Do NOT I can't stress this out enough DO NOT take champix for more then 4 weeks. If your doctor tells you, you need to take it at least for 12 weeks he just wants to put more money into the pockets of the government and himself. Luckily I have an honest doctor, and he said 4 weeks is enough. gluck.
Teresa

Plano, TX

#30 Jun 20, 2011
I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Chantix) http://en.pharm4all.com/champix-starter-pack,... I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.
Disappointed

United States

#31 Oct 22, 2013
I took chantix for three weeks. I noticed ringing in my ears after I stopped. It's been three years since I stopped. The ringing still exist and it's very distributing. Can bare to be in quite places. Very hard to fall asleep with the constant noise in my ears. I don't suggest anyone take chantix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min My New Alias RULES 1,536,053
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Wanda Siskovitch 21,059
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 hr Choicerocks 314,354
News Ex-Bowling Brook counselors arrested (May '07) Thu J Brown house II 33
Baltimore County Arrest Mugshots and Criminal ... (Sep '16) Thu Pop 3
News As Confederate Monuments Come Down in 65% Black... (Jan '16) May 23 Fitus T Bluster 7
Get To Work May 22 Father Obrien 3

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages