1 killed, 3 injured in Sonic shootout

One man was killed and three were injured in a shootout Thursday between men in two cars at a Sonic restaurant in Carrollton. Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Wythe cynic

Hampton, VA

#1 Jul 4, 2008
Another reason to never eat at the slow-service Sonic
Tired of Ghettos

Barnesville, OH

#2 Jul 4, 2008
Diversity strikes again. Families having meals and Tyrone and his buddies decide shooting people would be a good idea. Let's hope all of those involved find themselves at the wrong end of a gun so we can be rid of them. Useless scum wasting the air we breath. The police should be able to shoot them on sight.
TIRED OF IGNORANCE

Portsmouth, VA

#3 Jul 4, 2008
Tired of Ghettos wrote:
Diversity strikes again. Families having meals and Tyrone and his buddies decide shooting people would be a good idea. Let's hope all of those involved find themselves at the wrong end of a gun so we can be rid of them. Useless scum wasting the air we breath. The police should be able to shoot them on sight.
It is people like that make the world what it is. Yes this men were wrong and should be punished serverely. But you know nothing about the circumstances around the incident you just know some people were shooting in a public place. You are the type that believe police voilence is always justified. You seem like a racist bigot. So if you shoot someone in self defense you should be shot right. Save your useless racist unintelliegent comments for yourself. And you are wasting good air that someone else could be using.
God Foresaken Ghetto

Saluda, VA

#4 Jul 4, 2008
I have lived in the Hampton Roads area for 3 years and have been shocked and appalled since arriving here at the number of shootings in the area that involve young people. It is no wonder though. The public education system in this area leaves a great deal to be desired. Young people never seem to taught that education is the key to success. The typical way of life down here for far too many young people is to pick up a gun and shoot. Wake up VIRGINIA!! Enforce better gun laws and improve your education systems.
See No Evil

Yorktown, VA

#5 Jul 4, 2008
Ignorance ... good name for you. Does your statement "... you know nothing about the circumstances around the incident you just know some people were shooting in a public place" suggest that a shooting in a public place might have been justified?

My only regret is these four weren't better shots. Then, we could celebrate four thugs permanently off the streets.
Pacman Jones

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#7 Jul 4, 2008
It wasn't me this time!
Peste

United States

#8 Jul 4, 2008
TIRED OF IGNORANCE wrote:
<quoted text>
It is people like that make the world what it is. Yes this men were wrong and should be punished serverely. But you know nothing about the circumstances around the incident you just know some people were shooting in a public place. You are the type that believe police voilence is always justified. You seem like a racist bigot. So if you shoot someone in self defense you should be shot right. Save your useless racist unintelliegent comments for yourself. And you are wasting good air that someone else could be using.
Jesus Christ! I can't believe that anyone would have the audacity to even suggest that a shootout between thugs at a drive in is justified. What could possibly be the excuse for such miscreants to fill the air with lead around kids and people going about their business. You are the kind of people who make the world what it is!
doglover

Newport News, VA

#9 Jul 4, 2008
Very well said. I have lived here over 50 years and it didn't used to be this way.
God Foresaken Ghetto wrote:
I have lived in the Hampton Roads area for 3 years and have been shocked and appalled since arriving here at the number of shootings in the area that involve young people. It is no wonder though. The public education system in this area leaves a great deal to be desired. Young people never seem to taught that education is the key to success. The typical way of life down here for far too many young people is to pick up a gun and shoot. Wake up VIRGINIA!! Enforce better gun laws and improve your education systems.
Floored

United States

#10 Jul 4, 2008
Stunned! What makes young people think that the only solution to a problem is pulling out a gun and killing someone. This place is very public. Was any consideration given to the fact that innocent people could have been killed. Grow up. Stop letting your anger control you. Find something constructive to do before you end up in jail for life or in a grave. This is a prime example of not caring about life. There is nothing that should warrent grown men acting like they are living in the days of the wild, wild west.
JC Newport News

Norfolk, VA

#11 Jul 4, 2008
I guess since they are closing down bars and night clubs in Hampton and Newport News for shootings and such happening outside the places, they probably should close down this Sonic, before other people get hurt,
WELL WELL WELL

Norfolk, VA

#12 Jul 4, 2008
FINALLY THE SHOE IS ON THE OTHER FOOT; REALLY ISLE OF WRIGHT? I SEE THE TRAILER TRASHES HAVE GUNS TOO. AT LEAST WE KEEP IT IN OUR OWN NEIGHBORHOOD.
cccccccccccccccc ccccccccw

Hampton, VA

#14 Jul 4, 2008
wow im glad everyone is moveing out of newport news and hampton to be safer in isle of wright. eagle harbor is scary, im sure this will help home sales.
god

Virginia Beach, VA

#16 Jul 4, 2008
all of them are thugs.
its too bad there cowards too.
Teacher

United States

#17 Jul 4, 2008
With a name like Tyrone, I'm not sure they were trailer trash!!
WELL WELL WELL wrote:
FINALLY THE SHOE IS ON THE OTHER FOOT; REALLY ISLE OF WRIGHT? I SEE THE TRAILER TRASHES HAVE GUNS TOO. AT LEAST WE KEEP IT IN OUR OWN NEIGHBORHOOD.
MJS25

Columbus, OH

#18 Jul 4, 2008
Lately Hampton Rds has turned into the "Wild, wild, west." Time to get the heck out of Dodge!

“I HAVE SOME SPLAINING TO DO”

Since: Oct 07

Newport News VA

#19 Jul 4, 2008
This is just stupid!! You roll up to the Sonic for a Coney Island Footlong Combo and end up with holes in bodies, human and cars because someone insist on being a thug.

For TIRED OF IGNORANCE, no one mentioned race. There have been no racial comments, and by the grace of God there won't be any. These guys are just plain old thugs.
I live in EH

Denver, NC

#20 Jul 4, 2008
WELL WELL WELL wrote:
Carrollton is a diverse area despite what you think.
Trailer Trash

Smithfield, VA

#21 Jul 4, 2008
WELL WELL WELL wrote:
Seriously? The trailer trash over here at least know the name of cities and counties within five miles of our houses (it's Isle of WIGHT, named for the English island, not the brothers who mastered fixed-wing flight 300 years AFTER the county was named).

I really hope this doesn't become anything resembling regular at Eagle Harbor or in Carrollton. There's really no excuse, no way for anyone to justify this as anything but stupid. Hampton just had its 5th homicide of the year and according to the Daily Press "crime database," nine homicides in Newport News in the first six months of this year (one of them apparently in the middle of the South Atlantic by some computer glitch). Get these kids in church.
simple as this

United States

#22 Jul 4, 2008
doglover wrote:
Very well said. I have lived here over 50 years and it didn't used to be this way.
<quoted text>
if you compare hampton roads to other cities you will find that gun violence, murder and all of the other ills are minute in comparison. secondly, virginia as a state, is i believe either the best, or the second best in the entire country.
Confed_Vet

Battery Park, VA

#23 Jul 4, 2008
Perhaps some LEGALLY armed citizens may have been able to prevent this MURDER and ATTEMPTED MURDER if our gun laws were not so restrictive.

Please remember that the shooters were CRIMINALS who had guns ILLEGALLY.

Illegal guns kill - legal guns protect.

May god bless these young men and thier families.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,109,691
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 hr Pearl Jam 305,564
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr WARRIOR 19,207
Baltimore Stands with Israel Tue Zioni 80
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Mon pic trade 87
RAY RICE was a BAD BOY, but what about JEREMY H... Sun NFL BLACK THUGS 1
Baltimore Mayor hospitalized Saturday night Sep 14 Bernardo kerman 1
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••