Hispanics vs. blacks?

Hispanics vs. blacks?

There are 7 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Feb 8, 2008, titled Hispanics vs. blacks?. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

An outbreak of gang shootings between blacks and Latinos in the nearby city of Monrovia had left a 64-year-old black man and a 16-year-old Latina dead, according to news reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Ida

Anaheim, CA

#2 Feb 8, 2008
First of all he is a CHRISTIAN not Muslim, and the church he belongs is not a RACIST Church. Maybe if you researched his background you could get your facts straight. Check out Senator Obama's website or read his book then you will find the answers you are looking for it's not that hard.
Steve

San Gabriel, CA

#3 Feb 8, 2008
My research tells me that the pastor of Obama's church sounds like a racist. I still voted for him, because of the two, Hillary or Obama, I find Obama to be the least objectionable. At least Obama strikes me as an honest person whatever his religion.
stix

Newbury Park, CA

#4 Feb 8, 2008
his middle name is hussain and you cant say obama without thinking osama.he cant even say the pledge of alligence because he would have to say " one nation under muhhamad or alah!!!!!!
Diearl

Saint John, Canada

#5 Feb 14, 2008
looking down on each group as they come along" is part of the great myth of america. The issue with hispanics is that america is anxious to make them the new white group. They (white hispanics) have enjoyed the quick track up in front of blacks the way germans, italians etc before them. Germans are still the largest "minority" if a group of "white people" with the same ancestry can be called a minority. Blacks didn't immigrate here and have earned their way to the top of society dozens of times only for those benefits to go to a newly minted "white" group. Another issue that bothers blacks is the part time minority status of latinos. When things are good, then they are white as bread and if they don't get their way on an issue then here comes all the international flags on their cars in protest. This issue is most common with jews as well. The last is this stupidity that makes other non-white groups like the middle east white. The problem is in the newsroom or classroom you have these imaginary scenarios for creating an ancient white civilizations and with no monuments in north-western europe, the definition of europe simply expanded to include these non-white groups. In practical terms "traditional" whites don't see the people crossing the rio grande as white nor do they consider the leader of libya, osama or saddam white. Arafat, castro and chavez are all white by these academic definitions. I am not white, because my ancestors are not from spain or iran but england and holland. My children are not white because their mother is french. Obama is not white because his mother is of irish descent. If we changed it from "traditional" white groups to the academic white groups, then without changing a single physical feature, me and obama would become white. This nonsense keeps MOST hispanics from living the latino myth. I know too many who look black and treated accordingly by society. As for the middle east, I never hear them being called "sand-crackers"
JOSE

United States

#6 Feb 29, 2008
i am a mexican from santa ana ca i go to
college here in baltimore baltimore is a tough
city with a lot of crime but here in baltimore
it is all most a all african american city with
65 prcent and a lot of whites and a small
latin community with just 33, 000 latinos living
here in baltimore city do not go for rednieck
bull shit that in losangeles latinos and blacks
do not like each other that is bull shit the gangs
do not like each other i came from carson ca
i have a lot of african american friends here in baltimore i see a lot of hate with blacks whites
i just go to school here but i have some brothers
i go to college with that are from new york city
brothers are real cool we go out to the clubs in
washinghton dc but after school i am moving back to losangeles
CHICANISSIMO

Poza Rica, Mexico

#7 Mar 17, 2008
Diearl wrote:
looking down on each group as they come along" is part of the great myth of america. The issue with hispanics is that america is anxious to make them the new white group. They (white hispanics) have enjoyed the quick track up in front of blacks the way germans, italians etc before them. Germans are still the largest "minority" if a group of "white people" with the same ancestry can be called a minority. Blacks didn't immigrate here and have earned their way to the top of society dozens of times only for those benefits to go to a newly minted "white" group. Another issue that bothers blacks is the part time minority status of latinos. When things are good, then they are white as bread and if they don't get their way on an issue then here comes all the international flags on their cars in protest. This issue is most common with jews as well. The last is this stupidity that makes other non-white groups like the middle east white. The problem is in the newsroom or classroom you have these imaginary scenarios for creating an ancient white civilizations and with no monuments in north-western europe, the definition of europe simply expanded to include these non-white groups. In practical terms "traditional" whites don't see the people crossing the rio grande as white nor do they consider the leader of libya, osama or saddam white. Arafat, castro and chavez are all white by these academic definitions. I am not white, because my ancestors are not from spain or iran but england and holland. My children are not white because their mother is french. Obama is not white because his mother is of irish descent. If we changed it from "traditional" white groups to the academic white groups, then without changing a single physical feature, me and obama would become white. This nonsense keeps MOST hispanics from living the latino myth. I know too many who look black and treated accordingly by society. As for the middle east, I never hear them being called "sand-crackers"
hmm... IM A BIT CONFUSED HERE BUT I KINDA SEE YOUR POINT. IN THE UNITED STATES WHITE STANDS FOR ANGLO-SAXON-SCANDINAVIAN-NORTH ERN EUROPEAN NOT SPANISH, MESTIZO OR MIDDLE EASTERN EVEN THOUGH WE (IM HISPANIC) CALL OURSELEVES WHITE SOMETIMES IN OUR NATIVE COUNTRIES TO DIFFERNTIATE FROM BLACKS. AND YES WE COME IN DIFFERENT COLORS.
Davbroph

Fernley, NV

#8 Jun 18, 2013
Diearl wrote:
You were doing well,then the Meds wore off...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min positronium 1,507,829
News Bill curbing suspensions, expulsions of younges... 1 hr Sweetheart4 3
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Dudley 8,065
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Truth is might 313,626
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Terrance 20,919
News In immigrant crackdown, a 'fine-tuned' police s... Tue Rose Tokoyo1 6
Mace Electric's Dick Colon raped an 11-year-old... (Jun '13) Tue Rumpelstiltskin 59

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages