Long Island area reports receiving KKK newsletter

There are 29 comments on the The Associated Press story from Nov 12, 2008, titled Long Island area reports receiving KKK newsletter . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

A newsletter claiming to be from the Ku Klux Klan has been distributed to several homes in a Long Island neighborhood.

Suffolk County police say some residents reported that a six-page newsletter titled 'The Klansmen's Voice' was found on driveways and in yards on Monday in the hamlet of Islip (EYE'-slip) Terrace.

The newsletter arrived a day after police accused seven teens of a racially motivated attack and the fatal stabbing of an Ecuadorean immigrant in Patchogue (Pat-CHAHG').

Police are also investigating racist graffiti and slurs found drawn on more than 20 cars Wednesday on a block in the Suffolk County hamlet of Mastic. The graffiti alluded to President-elect Barack Obama in racist terms and contained sexual references and slurs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LIer

Mohegan Lake, NY

#1 Nov 16, 2008
I am just astounded that there is such racism and hate uprising after centuries of our wonderful country fighting to rise above such adversities. Why allow the world to see us backsliding rather than moving forward to reveal why we are the most wonderful country in the world. It isn't time for us to go back in history but to show our world that as Americans we do have the ability to make this a country of equal opportunity, in which every single citizen is entitled to the freedoms and opportunities that the USA promises every citizen no matter what ethnicity, race, or creed. It is time to put away the mistakes of our past and move forward to set the record straight that America is United and will not allow injustice and terrorism to infiltrate our homes, hearts or nation. And it starts in our homes, neighborhoods, communities, states and eventually our nation. We all have a responsibility to ourselves and to our nation to make sure that we preserve all that our forefathers meant for this country to be....a land of opportunity for every man, woman or child whether they be black or white. Long Island, a place I have lived for the past 49 years has always been diversified and I never recall seeing such hate crimes being committed and question why now after all that we have done to move away from that. May we take this time to reclaim our basic morals and beliefs that have shaped this country into the beautiful place it has been for our forefathers as well as future generations.
Think

Stamford, CT

#3 Dec 2, 2008
Unlike the previous writer, i am not so eager to believe that we have gone back such a ways. In fact i would argue we are more diverse now than ever. The Klan and many other organizations have always been in the area of NY and on Long Island. Many choose to keep their head in the sand about it, but it has always been. The fundamental part about it is not whether or not individuals should have the right to feel or speak in such a way, but whether or not those individuals have the intelligence enough to distinguish emotion from illegal action. There is no reason one individual cannot dislike another for race creed religion or any other notion, but there is much to be said about that individuals actions. If they choose to enact violence, then they should be punished accordingly, but to stifle their own belief or choice in their personal life that would be just as wayward. Until we realize that individuals will always have a reason to hate eachother, and continue to live on the false belief that we can make this a "peaceful" world, then we will never be able to adequately deal with the issues. There will always be war, there will always be hate, and there will always be money...those evils will not end.
George

Ebensburg, PA

#4 Jun 5, 2010
LIer wrote:
I am just astounded that there is such racism and hate uprising after centuries of our wonderful country fighting to rise above such adversities. Why allow the world to see us backsliding rather than moving forward to reveal why we are the most wonderful country in the world. It isn't time for us to go back in history but to show our world that as Americans we do have the ability to make this a country of equal opportunity, in which every single citizen is entitled to the freedoms and opportunities that the USA promises every citizen no matter what ethnicity, race, or creed. It is time to put away the mistakes of our past and move forward to set the record straight that America is United and will not allow injustice and terrorism to infiltrate our homes, hearts or nation. And it starts in our homes, neighborhoods, communities, states and eventually our nation. We all have a responsibility to ourselves and to our nation to make sure that we preserve all that our forefathers meant for this country to be....a land of opportunity for every man, woman or child whether they be black or white. Long Island, a place I have lived for the past 49 years has always been diversified and I never recall seeing such hate crimes being committed and question why now after all that we have done to move away from that. May we take this time to reclaim our basic morals and beliefs that have shaped this country into the beautiful place it has been for our forefathers as well as future generations.
THE KLAN AND THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN.
Dan

Edison, NJ

#5 Jun 7, 2010
George: The South will not rise again. There was a Civil War in this country, but the North won. we are now United (as in United States of America.) The Klan will not rise either. They are a pack of uneducated, inbred lowlifes. They enjoyed a very brief period of high membership rates. That was a long time ago. Most of us are just too smart for it. You and your toothless buddies are sitting around fooling each other when you get drunk and talk about some glorious rise of your ignorance in the future. It's completely devoid of reality. You are the minority and also morons destined to grovel in your own stupidity. Congratulations though on your upcoming nuptials with your sister. i wonder how many subscriptions to the StormFront newsletter y'alls gonna get as wedding gifts. Cretins.
Jackie

Lincolnton, NC

#6 Jun 7, 2010
Up yours!! The Civil war was fought over taxation!! The South was very wealthy and the North wanted the money. Blacks sold Blacks! Many Northern people owned slaves. Our beautiful South will regain it's freedom!!!!We are sick of big Jew yankee crooked government. We associate with our people and will have secession!!!!God Bless The South!!!!!!!!!!
Mark

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Jun 7, 2010
Very sad Jackie, To think that any innocent baby born into this world to Black or Jewish parents are your enemy. We are all the same. Let the hate go.
SIGNED A WASP
what

United States

#8 Jun 7, 2010
Jackie wrote:
Up yours!! The Civil war was fought over taxation!! The South was very wealthy and the North wanted the money. Blacks sold Blacks! Many Northern people owned slaves. Our beautiful South will regain it's freedom!!!!We are sick of big Jew yankee crooked government. We associate with our people and will have secession!!!!God Bless The South!!!!!!!!!!
No the South wont...Scarlett and Rhett.
We are United States....ok..maybe little Mexico but the North and the South made great History. Its in the past and all truth be spoken...the North could teach the South some things.

“That's Un-Possible!”

Since: Jan 08

Brookhaven Hamlet, Long Island

#9 Jun 8, 2010
Jackie wrote:
With all due respect Jackie...

You've got to be the biggest friggin' idiot I've ever come across in these message boards. And believe me, that's really saying something.

Here's a suggestion, only because I pity the ignorant. Have a grown-up take you to a library & pick up a book. Preferably one with no pictures or places to color in it...
letsbehonest

Yaphank, NY

#10 Jan 22, 2012
Laws cannot change someones thoughts or feelings. They are and always will be ignorant and would you want your child to be raised in the ghetto around these people?? I doubt it. Call it like it is a monkey is a monkey!!!
PETE

Edgewater, FL

#12 Jan 22, 2012
America Under Attack wrote:
<quoted text>You better be concerned about The Powerful Jews who are robbing and destroying America !
The above poster is CRAZY Ron the CONVICTED FELON. HE has a long RECORD of LOW LIFE criminal activities. See his RECORD below

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#13 Jan 23, 2012
Jackie wrote:
Is this Kathy?

ROFL
PETE

Edgewater, FL

#16 Jan 23, 2012
PETE wrote:
<quoted text>The above poster is CRAZY Ron the CONVICTED FELON. HE has a long RECORD of LOW LIFE criminal activities. See his RECORD below
repete
mastic beach red neck

White Plains, NY

#17 Jan 23, 2012
you means we done lost that there war -SHUCKS--YO! Prudence honey-- take down the bars and stripes pack the mule and the wagon--only put 12 kids it the wagon-- leave the 3 older ones behind cause wes got no room --cause we needs the room for the chickens,the dogs,cats and the rabbits and the MOON SHINE , GRANDMA uncle BUBBA and put aunt BULLA on the roof and don't forget my guns --damn yankees cant believe they won the war--and screw that there LIPA bill and all those YANKEE taxes i aints paying-- where going back homes to Knoxville Tennessee. gee IZ hopes they didn't FREE them there slaves? we all might have to go to work? SHUCKS--them damn yankees!!!!
JQP

Baltimore, MD

#18 Jan 23, 2012
America Under Attack wrote:
<quoted text>She has never been in topix . The American people will wake up . Let's hope we don't witness a lot of bloodshed . Companies like WALT DISNEY CO . create trouble in America like The Disney Obama Homosexual Agenda . This is how Jews like Disney turn Americans against Americans . This is what Bush did in Iraq and caused a civil war . Our Government is crooked and DangerousI!
wow...do you know how nuts you sound? I mean, I'm a libertarian and even I think you sound mad as a hatter.
JQP

Baltimore, MD

#19 Jan 23, 2012
PETE wrote:
<quoted text>repete
Pete and Repeat were sitting one a fence. Pete fell off. Who was left?

...sorry, it just reminded me of that old joke.:D

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#20 Jan 23, 2012
Police are also investigating KKK letters in Mastic racist graffiti and slurs found drawn on more than 20 cars Wednesday on a block in the Suffolk County hamlet of Mastic and Mastic Beach.

Mastic on the map again. Now the KKK is recruiting again in Mastic and Mastic Beach.
fed up

Patchogue, NY

#21 Jan 24, 2012
I know this sounds fukkked up but so what...... Someone has to clean up mastic...... And the residents havnt turned vigilante yet, so who cares who does it. They're all gangstas and pedo's anyway. I say yea for the kkk. Sheeiiitttt the local gov't isn't doing anything to fix the place up so who cares who helps.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#22 Jan 24, 2012
fed up wrote:
I know this sounds fukkked up but so what...... Someone has to clean up mastic...... And the residents havnt turned vigilante yet, so who cares who does it. They're all gangstas and pedo's anyway. I say yea for the kkk. Sheeiiitttt the local gov't isn't doing anything to fix the place up so who cares who helps.
Bellmore's greatest blogger is now using Patchogue for his location....nothing like reviving a 3 year old story.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#23 Jan 26, 2012
Mastic is the dumping ground for Brookhaven they just dump all the ghetto and loser trash in Mastic for a reason, you can keep them isolated and grouped in to one town and keep your eye on them that way.

Mastic is the slum of slums and considered by all means a place where the losers and criminals live. now KKK is trying to recruit Mastic residents no surprise they go after and attract the weak minded and slow people who can be found in MASTIC.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#24 Jan 26, 2012
Too bad your mom couldn't afford a coat hanger.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Holy Jumpin Jesus 1,225,001
Will CVS rebuild 8 min too funny! 8
News Reforming Baltimore police will be expensive, c... 12 min joey 7
News This map shows when looted Baltimore pharmacies... 25 min joey 2
News Highlandtown store clerk fatally shot Friday 48 min Fear ISIS 1
News Thousands storm Baltimore streets in protest ca... 1 hr I Know From Exper... 452
White Male Privilege 3 hr okimar 3
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]