McCain's attacks fuel dangerous hatred

There are 20 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Oct 10, 2008, titled McCain's attacks fuel dangerous hatred. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Barack Obama with terrorism, questioning his patriotism and portraying Mr. Obama as "not one of us," I accuse you of deliberately feeding the most unhinged elements of our society the red meat of hate, and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 59
Next Last
Bob

Parkville, MD

#1 Oct 10, 2008
Thank you Mr. Schaeffer for saying what must be said. Unfortunately, I doubt the ugly monster that the McCain campaign has become will take your advice. They are more than happy to sacrifice the well being of our nation for a "win" in November. Country First? No, it's hatred first.
Jessica Stromback

Porvoo, Finland

#2 Oct 10, 2008
Go For It Mr. Schaeffer!!

We need more voices out there like yours!

Thanks for your work! And thanks to The Sun for printing this!
Jessica
Toni Holter

Baltimore, MD

#4 Oct 10, 2008
Thank you so much for writing this article. Finally someone has spoken out and written what must and should be said. Can we get this message to the McCain campaign? Is there anything I can do to help you to get this message out?
Mary in Baltimore

United States

#5 Oct 10, 2008
You nailed the fearful truth, Mr. Schaeffer. Thank you.
Tired Of It

Annapolis, MD

#6 Oct 10, 2008
Sadly, hatred and lies are all the Republicans have to offer. They have ruled (not governed) for years by pittnig Americans against one another, by stirring up divisions, fomenting rage, and spreading falsehoods. During that time they've also driven the country off a cliff. People are finally waking up to that fact; desperate to cling to power, the Republicans are resorting to more and more outrageous antics in an attempt at diverting Americans' attention away from the GOP's intellectual and moral bankruptcy.
The McCain campaign offers politics, not policies; it offers ideology, not ideas. We have had that for eight long years, during which time we've gone from peace and prosperity to war and economic collapse. It's time that we wised up.
Asking a Republican presidential candidate not to run on hatred and lies, not to pit Americans against one another, not to pander to the lowest elements of society, is sort of like asking him to forego oxygen. It's not going to happen. All we can do is ignore him and elect someone else.
Catherine

Rockingham, NC

#9 Oct 10, 2008
Thank you Frank. This is so important to speak out about and I greatly respect you for writing this piece.
zzz-original

Woodbridge, VA

#10 Oct 10, 2008
Surf52 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the democrats offer unspecified change funded by, well who else but me. I'll stick wth the dangerous hatred. It's much more fun to watch.
And it's the other guys liable to get hurt.
John McCain and Sara Palin are sick individuals. Anybody who spreads and supports the lies and violence they are promoting are pretty sick themselves.
Glenside

Bear, DE

#11 Oct 10, 2008
Thank you for saying this outloud. If some crazy nut job harms Barack Obama or anyone else who supports him. John McCain is responsible. He is the candidate running. The buck stops with him.
Inquirer

United States

#12 Oct 10, 2008
There's an incredible irony in McCain's attacks on Obama because McCain was involved with the fascist right wing terrorists known as the Contras:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/2008...

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Now ask yourself, why hasn't the right wing media said anything about that.
gerbilmark

Tiverton, UK

#13 Oct 10, 2008
seems like the only people still backing failin/mccain are those who've slipped off the plate (see surf52 above)
Nick

Ellicott City, MD

#14 Oct 10, 2008
The truth is the USA needs t split into several different countries, the division between what the blue state people want and what the res state people want is just to great, and the divisiveness grows year after year, nobody is coming together. I don't know how it can happen, but since the blocks are somewhat geographical, it would be possible and practical and everybody would be much happier and people could get the kind of country they want. Heck, the North East could implement nationalized, single payer health care and the South could invade Iran! See what I mean, everybody would be happy and not step on each others toes.
54chevyman

Hackettstown, NJ

#15 Oct 10, 2008
It's the extreem right that got Bush elected with scare tactics from the NRA the first time and gay marrage the second time. Democrats are finally strong and likable because America is in trouble but we really don't know how bad it truely is at this point. Our rivers and air quality are shot I suspect. Meanwhile the Republicans and their pals are looting our country. The real issue is however is the ideal Sarah Palin's husband is really a radical extreemist and she would be Impeached months after a McCain Presidency and illness! What has America become?
open your eyes

Chicago, IL

#16 Oct 10, 2008
Surf52 Changes? The only changes Republicans look out for are people who make over $250,000. They don't care of the middle class or everyday person, they never did. And you know what? without the middle class, who the hell is gonna buy products? It's a vicious circle man. Look what the Republican party has done to our country, we are the laughingstock of the world. The GOP always use hatred and ignorance to shield them from the real issues, and you are just feeding into our demise.
Wake up and smell the roses, do you ever check google news? You Think Mccain can handle the economy, when he's so old? You want Palin to take over and be our president? That scares me.
gerbilmark

Tiverton, UK

#17 Oct 10, 2008
And I heard a whisper that palin is in bed with Alaskan secessionists :)
southernwhiteand blue

Richmond, VA

#18 Oct 10, 2008
Surf52 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the democrats offer unspecified change funded by, well who else but me. I'll stick wth the dangerous hatred. It's much more fun to watch.
And it's the other guys liable to get hurt.
Surf52 shame on you, this is exactly the attitude, selfish, devisive, and vindictive that makes "modern" republicans unfit to govern. The change Obama is proposing is not unspecified, check out his website not McCain commercials. I'll vote Obama because I'd like to make this country a better place even for blood thirsty individuals like you
pinknebulous

Riverside, NJ

#19 Oct 10, 2008
You want to see dangerous hatred? Open your eyes. It's all over the net, from Obama suporters.
southernwhiteand blue

Richmond, VA

#21 Oct 10, 2008
pinknebulous wrote:
You want to see dangerous hatred? Open your eyes. It's all over the net, from Obama suporters.
Where?
brwngirl

United States

#22 Oct 10, 2008
This was very well written. I am officially scared for Barack Obama because I know how the real America was and still is. McCain and Palin are very dangerous people right now in the midst of this global economic circumstance. We need to focus on how to turn this economic depression around and stop all this negative campaigning on both sides. It is not helping the American people. Our sanity is at stake!!!!!!
gerbilmark

Tiverton, UK

#23 Oct 10, 2008
Yeah .....
show us ...... or are your claims nebulous?:)

“www.okwassup.com”

Since: Apr 08

New York, NY

#24 Oct 10, 2008
The rhetoric in this race is starting to reach dangerous levels, and it's scary. I think we've already crossed the political line of decorum and respect, especially when you add in the negative racial overtones that are running rampant daily against Obama (Muslim, terrorist, etc.). People are actually attending McCain rallies shouting "KILL HIM" toward Obama. Is this really possible in 2008???

With Obama leading in the polls and very close to winning, it's already stirring up near violent hatred. But can you imagine what might happen in the country if these racial charges stick and he loses?

Here's independent footage captured just outside a McCain rally from yesterday. You won't believe some of the hateful comments the attendees spout.

MUST SEE VIDEO:
http://okwassup.blogspot.com/2008/10/30-days-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 59
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Yip Lee 1,224,626
Will CVS rebuild 13 min Fear ISIS 3
Cops railroaded to appease N***ers. 15 min the Ace of Spades 67
Black on black crime 21 min Fear ISIS 5
News Reforming Baltimore police will be expensive, c... 23 min Fear ISIS 4
News Baltimore middle schoolers learn to operate sys... 35 min reality is a crutch 2
Visit Baltimore!. 2 hr White Man 3
News Thousands storm Baltimore streets in protest ca... 5 hr Bushido Brown 446
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]