MINDY DAFFERN: Mindy Daffern's body f...

MINDY DAFFERN: Mindy Daffern's body found in remote area

There are 84 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Aug 17, 2008, titled MINDY DAFFERN: Mindy Daffern's body found in remote area. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Mindy Daffern's body has been found in a remote area after she was abducted from a store in a small North Texas town, according to authorities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
themadtrader

Cumming, GA

#1 Aug 17, 2008
It's nice that nobody checks up on these animals to make sure they register as sex offenders after they're released from prison. Then they can more easily murder innocent women.
dizzyanne

Columbia, SC

#2 Aug 18, 2008
execute his ass. he won't do it again.
Jorge

Weatherby, MO

#3 Aug 18, 2008
themadtrader wrote:
It's nice that nobody checks up on these animals to make sure they register as sex offenders after they're released from prison. Then they can more easily murder innocent women.
They should be in prison to begin with. Even if you check up on them...they will do it anyways. Number one solution...PRISON
Bowie Texas

United States

#4 Aug 19, 2008
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
They should be in prison to begin with. Even if you check up on them...they will do it anyways. Number one solution...PRISON
OMG!!! Texas believes in giving people a chance! Wallace wasnt that bad a guy, wouldnt have ever pictured him hurting anybody. and to the people saying that he plays with his neice and nephew he was always really good with the kids He loves His neice and nephew and would never hurt them So Go play with your own!
No Name

Wichita Falls, TX

#5 Aug 19, 2008
What is this sh*t about giving him a chance.He'll be given a chance alright,by some big boy named Bubba in prison.A chance to comply with his orders to bend over and take it up the a**.And if he doesn't,then Bubba will kick his a** and have his way with him.
dontbstupid

United States

#6 Aug 20, 2008
After reading Bowie Texas comment my blood is boiling. He obviously was given a chance(which shouldnt have happened) after molesting an innocent child. That son of a b**** didnt give the people he killed a chance to live and he doesnt deserve to live. Would you be saying he deserves a chance if that was your mother, sister, or one of your children that he killed? I dont think so! How can you post such a comment when this monster has taken 3 lives and has ruined the life of a young child?
Flintstone

Pampa, TX

#7 Aug 20, 2008
Bowie Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!!! Texas believes in giving people a chance! Wallace wasnt that bad a guy, wouldnt have ever pictured him hurting anybody. and to the people saying that he plays with his neice and nephew he was always really good with the kids He loves His neice and nephew and would never hurt them So Go play with your own!
Already a convicted sex offender for AGGREVATED SEXUAL ASSAULT OF A 12 YR OLD GIRL!!! Nah, he's not a bad guy! I pity the fool that tries that with my kids! He is a bad guy, and just because you are family or friend of his, you can't (shouldn't) defend his actions. He admitted committing these murders, he was already convicted for the previous assault, that makes him a bad guy. Also, obviously unpredictable to his own family who allowed him access to their kids, he just as unpredicatably could have harmed his family or those kids at anytime. Not a chance I would take with my kids. Not for my brother, sister, or anybody.

Face it, he is not a guy that is "not that bad of guy" as you have stated...he is the WORST kind of bad guy"
no name

Burkburnett, TX

#8 Aug 21, 2008
get the full freakin story about that 12 yr old girl he supposly assaulted yall dont have a right to say anything about him yall didnt know him he was the best man in my life something that happened when he was just 18 that he was wrongly accused of. he loved his neice and nephew he was around them there whole life and never hurt them once. his mind wasnt there when he did them murders something was going on in his life that was tearing him up he went insane its easy for everyone to say bad stuff about him but thats not what type of person he is. i am preg by his child and hes always wanted a family i love that man im sorry for the ladys family and the other victims i am but no need to accuse him or bring his neice and nephew in this. he was a good man loveable gentle and treated me like a princess now a baby isnt going to know her fathter cuz society wants to drive people mad!!! he would have been the best father in the world. does no one else have a past? just never got causght or what. no one is perfect
lena

Naperville, IL

#9 Aug 21, 2008
Give me a break. We all have bad times in our lives, but we all don't go out and rape/kill people.
VA Conservative

Richmond, VA

#10 Aug 21, 2008
..another poster child to demonstrate why capital punishment is needed for pedophile crimes..
No Name

Wichita Falls, TX

#11 Aug 21, 2008
no name wrote:
get the full freakin story about that 12 yr old girl he supposly assaulted yall dont have a right to say anything about him yall didnt know him he was the best man in my life something that happened when he was just 18 that he was wrongly accused of. he loved his neice and nephew he was around them there whole life and never hurt them once. his mind wasnt there when he did them murders something was going on in his life that was tearing him up he went insane its easy for everyone to say bad stuff about him but thats not what type of person he is. i am preg by his child and hes always wanted a family i love that man im sorry for the ladys family and the other victims i am but no need to accuse him or bring his neice and nephew in this. he was a good man loveable gentle and treated me like a princess now a baby isnt going to know her fathter cuz society wants to drive people mad!!! he would have been the best father in the world. does no one else have a past? just never got causght or what. no one is perfect
You are one stupid BITCH!You're also lucky to be alive running around with a FU**ing murderer.Also, I guess he told you he was falsely accused of banging a twelve year old,and your stupid ass believes him.By the way,your baby will be a lot better of never knowing that piece of sh**!I guess you can take the baby to visit him in prison(where Daddy will be sexually assaulted all the time).
dontbstupid

United States

#12 Aug 21, 2008
We dont have the right to say anything bad about him? He didnt have the right to take 3 peoples lives. Your one selfish person to be feeling sorry for your self when their are so many families in pain because they will never get to see their loved one again. He's a MURDERER!
No Name

Wichita Falls, TX

#13 Aug 21, 2008
no name wrote:
OK,blame it on society you dumb BITCH!Dipsh**s like you always want to blame sh** on everyone else.He needs to take full responsibility for his actions.And as far as him being a sex offender,I guess he learned that from his Dad.Sh**,blame it on him for teaching him to perp on kids.And yes,your baby will get to know who Daddy is.Visitation is every weekend.You can go see him then,until the great state of Texas executes that sorry motherfu**er
dontbstupid

United States

#14 Aug 21, 2008
I guess he's one perfect son of a b**** since everything he has done is not his fault. Stop blaming everyone else for his actions, no one held a gun to his head(although someone needs to) and made him do all these things. I hope he gets what he deserves which would be death cause his victims didnt deserve to be taken from this earth.
dontbstupid

United States

#15 Aug 22, 2008
Well said No Name from Wichita Falls,TX
awsumBillfrumDaw sonville

Douglas, WY

#16 Aug 22, 2008
no name wrote:
is Stephanie Alexander the girl defending bowman? Thats who was with him in the Parks Inn Motel. Thats the woman who was arrested for POSSESSION. If the girl defending bowman(no noame from kingswood) isnt Alexander then why was the father of your child with a drug user in a motel. if it is Alexander why are you preggers and in possession?
Bowman WUZ actin a little messed up(skitzin)the last time i seen him at the scrapyard. and if you do know bowman then you know im tellin the truth cause he wuz workin at the scrapyard and he wuz actin weird!!! swear to lord.
so my question is, you Alexander or some other girl under this persons spell?
Flintstone

United States

#17 Aug 22, 2008
no name wrote:
For you, I am so sorry that you are having to endure this through a pregnancy. I am a compassionate Christian. I will keep you and your child in my prayers.
Sometimes, we are all mislead by the ones that we love and we don't want to see or believe what they have done, or what they are capable of.
You fell in love with a man, the wrong man, and for that you are not at fault and I do understand you passionatly defending him. Your child is innocent in this, and did not choose who his/her father is. I can't hurl insults and call you names...it is just not right and I will not do that.
I plead with you to find the Lord, if you have turned away from Jesus, you can turn back toward him now, you need HIM very much to get through this.

Not wanting to derail this thread though, he did admit to these crimes, if his head wasn't right as you say, that can't be an excuse...there is help out there, if not in Bowie, then somewhere. He should have been seeking help, or perhaps you could have encouraged him to get help...Obviously you were aware that something was not right. I am not in anyway shifting blame to you. IF he was a meth user, this is a testament to what that awful drug can do to your mind.

Folks, I do not know the woman to whom we are speaking to that is carrying Bowmans child, but let us not forget that she is also a victim of these crimes, as is the child.

Since: Apr 08

El Paso, Texas

#18 Aug 22, 2008
no name wrote:
then may i request that you fill us in on the "full freakin story"
NotWoW

Clarendon, TX

#19 Aug 22, 2008
BowieTxEditor wrote:
<quoted text>then may i request that you fill us in on the "full freakin story"
The full freakin story is that he was CONVICTED of "supposedly assault[ing]" a 12 year old girl... ie found GUILTY by a jury of his peers. That's enough of the story for anyone.

Oh, but he was only 18... um, legal adult.

This "No Name" is just another crackhead living in the motel, blaming everyone else on this earth for her self-inflicted problems.
SATAN

Glen Rose, TX

#20 Aug 22, 2008
I will see Bowman soon. He was only a drug problem in this society. Then he had a thirst for blood and went on a killing spree. Oh well...damn Bowie Officers doing their job and caught him. They always make it difficult for me. Bowman only killed dopers. LOL. Well the two in Bowie were dopers at least. May your body RIP Bowman, but your soul will not. No matter what the court decides. There is only one JUDGE that makes the final judgement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Reality Check 1,657,671
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr ThomasA 322,183
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Vertelli 21,279
Review: Marie Kremer Dec 10 MARIE KREMER 1
News Baltimore police: More shot, another dead, iden... Dec 7 Fitius T Bluster 2
Mosby Dec 4 Lois Lerner 1
Mosby the Prostitutor Dec 4 Lois Lerner 1

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages