Hopkins restores access to health site -- Social Issues, Califo...

Full story: Baltimore Sun

Johns Hopkins officials restored full access yesterday to a reproductive health Web site funded by the government, after learning that searches containing the word "abortion" were being intentionally restricted ...
Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Sep 23, 2013
Nostradamus

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

A Debra L. Dickson is contact person for a charity in Maryland http://www.taxexemptworld.com/organization.as...

The charity's website is here
http://www.becoming-you.com/page/page/3798777...

They sell a book by Debra L. Dickson, called "Submission - Not a Call to Servitude , It's a Call to Worship"
http://www.becoming-you.com/page/page/5691482...

Maybe it's the same Debra Dickson?
Solange Miller

Québec, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

Abortion is tabou...

The demographic winter is coming to the US.

Aging workforce.
geocities(dot)com/demographic_ crash
chilled contributor

Delray Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

the long reach of the pro lifers is strangling in its gradual narrowing of freedom of choice for women - thank you for revealing this and thank Hopkins Dean for his reversal of this dreadful action.
John

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

The decision by the "POPLINE administrators" to kowtow to Bush officials was disgraceful. If they had refused, and USAID had cancelled funding, there would undoubtedly have been a public firestorm of outrage at Bush, so there was really no reason for POPLINE to take the action they did unless they were sympathetic to this kind of censorship.
johnny patriot

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

Thank goodness a coup is coming. It will be nice to see these hayseeds (aka bushies) heading back west into the sunset. Texas is a terriffic place for them to debate Darwin's Theory of Evolution while the rest of the country can focus on real problems and issues the country faces. Censorship of this kind has no place in American. I thought we got rid of tyranny and King George in1776?
Shawanda

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

Talk about hipocrisy. This just goes to show that radical left-wing lunatics like Sun reporter Stephanie Desmon will only write stories that reflect their controversial, out-of-touch ideas about the world that have no respect for life. I wonder if Desmon would have done this story if it was a history database that banned searches for the n-word. Probably not because liberals like Desmon like to keep a sista down.
mike

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

since the Sun will not give us the opportunity to comment on the Committee approves repeal of 'tech tax' article I guess we'll just have to leave comments where ever we can. The clowns in the senate look like the a bunch of stuges. remember the three stuges, that's what these guys remind me of. they have no clue what to tax next. may be they should tax school linches, how's that sound o'mally. what a joke this state has turned into. and for all you millionaires in montgomery county that couldn't wait to get your leftwing liberal governor, thanks for picking up the tab. yeah right, this tax is just temporary, right.
Amy

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2008

@Shawanda: The difference is that abortion is an actual medical term, while the n-word is a derogatory slur with no legitimate academic meaning. For instance, "spontaneous abortion" is the medical term for a miscarriage. Restricting searches for this word blocks all the information on the topic, not just the literature supporting one position or the other.

If forced ignorance is the only way you can maintain popular support for a position, shouldn't you question the strength of that position in the first place?
Director Becoming You

Somerville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2008

No, its not the same Debra L. Dickson.
Lars

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2008

All science funded by the government is tainted by it's ever-evolving agenda. It was liberals in the 60's and 70's, and it is conservatives today. By deciding what to fund and what to not fund, they hold the keys to the doors to the truth. They decide which are opened and which are not. It did not start with Bush and it will not end with Bush.
Julie

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

Thank you for reporting on a very important case that exemplifies the political climate that we live in. "political ideology trumping sceince" is right. i would hope that this case will spark a sharper eye regarding this type of maneuvering.
Ron

Damascus, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2008

Well put, Amy.

Bloomberg's Dean was correct to be outraged by the restrictions. I hope there is a thorough investigation of the incident and a transcript of the verbal tactics used. Perhaps there was more stated or implied by the unnamed officials at USAID.
Rahul

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
Bruno

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Baltimore Forum right now

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,083,635
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 21 min STO 305,181
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Abdullah OBrian 18,591
Review: Wanda Hicks Dating Service 2 hr Joe Clinton 1
The Fed is dumpig illegals in different states. 11 hr Bob Rooney 1
In a WAR between RUSSIA and GLOBALISTS, I'm "RO... 18 hr SnuffAGlobalist 4
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) 20 hr Raptor in Michigan 121,143
•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••