Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1374636 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1194195 Aug 29, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Or putting you in a gas chamber and using Zyklon B, like a certain little Catholic boy did to millions
or commit ethnic cleasening and genocide like the orthodox christian Serbs did
or commit genocide of the native American Indians like those good European Christians did
or serve kool aid like Jim Jones
Just about every religion has its fanatics that commit artocities in the name of their god. That's the trouoble when you mix religion, politics and gov't. One can justify just about anything in the name of their god.
<quoted text>
Pray tell, where do you martyrs come up with this persecution complex. Only a christian can cry oh poor me, I'm being persecuted by the atheists wwhen the population is what 80% Christian and probably less than 5% atheists.
NEWFLASH: NO ONE IS TRYING TO PREVENT YOU FROM PRACTICING YOUR RELIGION, OR FRIGGIN EXPRESSING THOSE BELIEFS.
Just don't do it with gov't money, on gov't land, in gov't institutions, on public lands, in public schools and please
DON'T TRY TO IMPOSE YOUR RELIGIOUS DOGMA ON THE REST OF US.
<quoted text>
By what logic did you come to the conclusion that we liberals support ISIS and radical Islam.
Try actually listening to what we have to say, rather than what Fox News is selectively editing.
Ask yourself, why would an Atheist who want to keep Christianity out of our gov't support Islam or any other religion for that matter.
Heck its bad enough dealing with the wacko christian evangelical fundalmentalist here in the states, do you really think we would support even loonier tunes
conservative, only capable of binary logic, its the culture
Extremism is not what constitutes Judeo-Christian beliefs.

What Christian beliefs could possibly be a threat? Loving your neighbor as yourself? Loving God with all you heart, with all your soul and with all your mind? Forgiveness? Compassion? Mercy?

Or is it just about abortion and you are so hardened in your liberal self-righteousness that killing the unborn seems a perfectly normal human behavior instead of anything less than barbaric?

Orlando, FL

#1194196 Aug 29, 2014
DAVID CAMERON: This threat [ISIS] can not be solved simply by dealing with the perceived grievances over Western foreign policy. Nor can it be dealt with by addressing poverty, dictatorship, or instability in the region, as important as those are. The root cause of the threat to our security is quite clear. There is a poisonous ideology of Islamist extremism that is condemned by all faith and by all faith leaders. It believes in using the most brutal form of terrorism to force people to accept a warped world view and to live in an almost medieval state.

We have seen this extremism here before in our own country: We saw it with the sickening murder of Lee Rigby, the homegrown 7/7 bombers who blew up two trains and buses. The links between what happens overseas and what happens here has also always been there. Many of those who have sought to do us harm in the past have been foreign nations living in Britain, or even British citizens who return from terrorist training camps in Pakistan or elsewhere around the world. What we're facing in Iraq now with ISIS now is a greater and deeper threat to our security than we have known before.

...I want David Cameron to be my president.

Orlando, FL

#1194197 Aug 29, 2014
Guess I'll come back later. Starting to feel like I'm in a woodtick episode of the Twilight Zone.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1194198 Aug 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
DAVID CAMERON: This threat [ISIS] can not be solved simply by dealing with the perceived grievances over Western foreign policy. Nor can it be dealt with by addressing poverty, dictatorship, or instability in the region, as important as those are. The root cause of the threat to our security is quite clear. There is a poisonous ideology of Islamist extremism that is condemned by all faith and by all faith leaders. It believes in using the most brutal form of terrorism to force people to accept a warped world view and to live in an almost medieval state.
We have seen this extremism here before in our own country: We saw it with the sickening murder of Lee Rigby, the homegrown 7/7 bombers who blew up two trains and buses. The links between what happens overseas and what happens here has also always been there. Many of those who have sought to do us harm in the past have been foreign nations living in Britain, or even British citizens who return from terrorist training camps in Pakistan or elsewhere around the world. What we're facing in Iraq now with ISIS now is a greater and deeper threat to our security than we have known before.
...I want David Cameron to be my president.
he runs a far more socialized nation than the US, fool.

it is fun to watch you make a fool of yourself...

St. Croix valley

#1194199 Aug 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Extremism is not what constitutes Judeo-Christian beliefs.
What Christian beliefs could possibly be a threat? Loving your neighbor as yourself? Loving God with all you heart, with all your soul and with all your mind? Forgiveness? Compassion? Mercy?
Or is it just about abortion and you are so hardened in your liberal self-righteousness that killing the unborn seems a perfectly normal human behavior instead of anything less than barbaric?
certainly it is. your proven false god condones slavery and the killing of those who do not believe the same as you do. even jesus would have wiped his land clean of all but the jews,(except for the slaves, of course) genocidal jesus, and you worship these freaks! what made you so immoral?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1194200 Aug 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Can guarantee all those men who were lined up and shot in the back by ISIS and all those women and children who were raped by ISIS and anyone who lost their head because of ISIS and all those people who were killed by Assad's WMDs could care less if we are "invited" to kill ISIS or think of it as an act of "aggression".
Have you lost your ever lovin' mind? "Coordinated with the government"?? "Considered as aggression"??
This isn't Sweden. Syria lost any rights to sovereignty when they spawned a new evil called ISIS.
By not respecting the sovereignty of other nations, we inflame the public sentiments of those residing in those countries. Haven't you figured that out by now? The United States isn't the only one with sovereign rights. As one "U.S. official" pointed out, the Syrians "are the ones who give final say on whether or not a mission gets conducted. That's how the process works."

Orlando, FL

#1194201 Aug 29, 2014
Just to be even clearer...I also undoubtedly and without reservation believe that extraterrestrials interacted with ancient peoples and civilizations and have made their presence known again since WWII. They seem especially interested in military nuclear bases all over the world.

When three former astronauts say without hesitation, "we are not alone", I don't even need to see UFOs myself (which I have) or videos taken from every corner of the planet to be convinced of their existence.

Orlando, FL

#1194202 Aug 29, 2014
Stu Rumsfeld wrote:
<quoted text>No, with Obama ,it's fk you America first and golf second,>you should have figured that out by now.
Well, okay, that works too.

Party and political self-preservation is definitely in the top three. In my opinion, it comes before golf.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1194203 Aug 29, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselesssinceforever000 "
Did the boy president, nobama, ognore international law when he ordered bombing strikes on Libya, strikes that killed women and children? Did nobama even have US congressional approval for the strikes on Libya? Or maybe just another example of the power of his phone and his pen?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Depends on estblished precident. "Bush's understanding of what does--and does not--constitute a violation of sovereign rights: specifically, U.S. boots on the ground versus CIA drones targeting anonymous militants within a country."

St. Croix valley

#1194204 Aug 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Just to be even clearer...I also undoubtedly and without reservation believe that extraterrestrials interacted with ancient peoples and civilizations and have made their presence known again since WWII. They seem especially interested in military nuclear bases all over the world.
When three former astronauts say without hesitation, "we are not alone", I don't even need to see UFOs myself (which I have) or videos taken from every corner of the planet to be convinced of their existence.
no, they have not made their presence known since WWII. not even once.

Orlando, FL

#1194205 Aug 29, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
By not respecting the sovereignty of other nations, we inflame the public sentiments of those residing in those countries. Haven't you figured that out by now? The United States isn't the only one with sovereign rights. As one "U.S. official" pointed out, the Syrians "are the ones who give final say on whether or not a mission gets conducted. That's how the process works."
When a nation unleashes WMDs on its men, women and children, they no longer have the distinction of sovereignty. They have become a breeding ground of evil. And when that evil threatens the entire civilized world in any way, shape or form, they must be destroyed.
Princess Laia

Ashburn, VA

#1194206 Aug 29, 2014
Carol.. Carol... it's me Princess Laia, Carol, Jesus' third wife... go out to the highway, Carol... wear some really dark clothing... that's it, that's it.. now see that bus, Carol?.. Uh-huh, I want you to just run out in front of it, Carol... trust me on this one, Carol... step into the lights....

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1194207 Aug 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama doesn't understand the process of governing a two-party system and leadership. Never has. Republicans gave up after being demonized at every opportunity. Even set up to be demonized.
With Obama, it's party and politics first. Country second.
You should have figured that out by now.
When have Republicans EVER put country first? EVER? From the day Obama was elected, Republicans haave put politics before country and it is disgusting.

St. Croix valley

#1194208 Aug 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
you saw beings from another planet, dear? really?
Princess Labia

Ashburn, VA

#1194209 Aug 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
When a nation unleashes WMDs on its men, women and children, they no longer have the distinction of sovereignty. They have become a breeding ground of evil. And when that evil threatens the entire civilized world in any way, shape or form, they must be destroyed.
Holy crap, carol... you're starting to sound like... well... somebody who believes in both a loving God in the sky somewhere, AND UFO's.... I would point out, carol, Armageddon is not going to be a happy time for the Jews OR the U.N.... CONVERT OR DIE! Is that because they're evil? I guess so, huh?... You're a little nutty-bucket aren't you, dear?.... Say... did you know if you talk into your belly button chocolate candy pops out your ass?... like Ju-Ju-Bees or something.... try it...
Princess Labia

Ashburn, VA

#1194210 Aug 29, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
you saw beings from another planet, dear? really?
No, no, Kim... just their cars....
Princess Labia

Ashburn, VA

#1194211 Aug 29, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
When have Republicans EVER put country first? EVER? From the day Obama was elected, Republicans haave put politics before country and it is disgusting.
Your mistake, my dear, is in not stating WHICH country... that little oversight costs THIS country hundreds of billions. Mitt Romney's country is Aruba, apparently, whereas DB's is Saudi Arabia and Galt's is China... it's all perfectly legal too...
LOL

United States

#1194212 Aug 29, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Use of WMD's as in chemical WMD's on his own citizen's gives us the right to intercede on behalf of humanity. Hundreds of thousands (millions by now) left in the last year fleeing to other countries Jordan has been the recipient of most of these displaced refugees. Jordan is overwhelmed and finds itself on ISIL's radar. Jordan is our ally of long standing would you suggest sitting on our a$$ and not lifting a finger the way Obama did with Syria and it didn't solve the problem then in Iraq and it didn't solve the problem did it? Now we have ISIL in Tijuana, Mexico just across the border of El Paso, TX. Who knows how many have already 'crossed into USA?

Besides what about Obama's red line? More like a severely faded pink line....
Princess Labia

Ashburn, VA

#1194213 Aug 29, 2014
Yes, indeedy... just the other day carol saw a Galaxy drive by and the three aliens inside took her out to the Everglades and they all probed her repeatedly.... she could see strange green and purple lights on the underside of their U.F.O. and loud loud music was playing.. Salsa, she thinks?... It was a long damn walk back to town naked too... It happens every few days now....
Princess Labia

Ashburn, VA

#1194214 Aug 29, 2014
Gunner = Galt = Donnie..... = ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Brian_G 310,974
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr HomeyDclown2016k 20,198
transgender happy meals Sun bozo 1
News Cullen's assets leave the flock aflutter (Sep '08) Apr 30 Hannahsangel 498
News Obama, Edwards lead charge against Clinton in d... (Sep '07) Apr 30 Marriage trafficking 19
News What the Black Lives Matter campaign gets wrong (Aug '15) Apr 29 INFIDEL 42
Stop Don't Run From Police With a Realistic Loo... Apr 29 Culture Auditor 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages