Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1166709 Jul 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for bringing some levity to the table. Comic relief is needed these days.
If we don't laugh now and then, we might become inconsolable.
I always prefer to laugh spontaneously and not as a courtesy, laugh from the gut and not from the brain. And I'd rather laugh as a knee-jerk response to humor rather than as a defense against crying. Insane laughter is for the insane and so if I ever find myself laughing insanely, I'll start crying

But, WTH...it's funny but I'll take whatever laughter I can find...:-)
Paddy Omagog

New York, NY

#1166710 Jul 14, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
where in the Bible does it say stupid people?
Please... come on, in the new revised Version...
Well then Flesh it's fed from the inside is it and sooth it outwardly the best way possible? Groom yourself not for the battles ahead shave your head DEAR OLD MAN...
When is it their turn to head out be drafted oh wise One....HA HA HA that would be a punny third war major to the WORLD...The seniorities of the people why don't they make an example of them selves and tag alongs for them they can head out too...
SO what is it about the Germans?
Haven't read all the posts and it is hard to catch up on all of you guys moods...on here...
1. Apparently you have to sign the pledge when they issue one to you?
2. Whom are you calling "old?"
3. Beer and sausages

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#1166711 Jul 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
In December 1942, the United States, Great Britain, and ten other Allied governments issued a declaration denouncing Nazi Germany's intention to murder the Jews of Europe. The declaration warned Nazi Germany that it would be held responsible for these crimes.
During the era of the Holocaust, the New York Times, the nation's leading newspaper, generally deemphasized the murder of the Jews in its news coverage.
As the magnitude of anti-Jewish violence increased in 1939-1941, many American newspapers ran descriptions of German shooting operations. The ethnic identity of the victims was not always made clear even though some reports described German mass murder operations with the word "extermination."
The New York Times reported on the operations of the killing center in Chelmno, but the article appeared on page six of the newspaper.
Even though they covered the December 1942 statement of the Allies condemning the mass murder of European Jews on its front page, it placed coverage of the more specific information released on page ten, significantly minimizing its importance.
http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php...
Apparently, some things never change. The bias of the New York Times, for example.
good thing you googled this topic after you posted about it, huh?

as i pointed out to you already, we knew what was happening in germany as far back as 1938. so it took till 1942 for us to issue a strongly worded statement? as i said we walked away.

at that same time jews were barred from living in most neighborhoods in mpls mn, and many other cities across this nation...

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1166712 Jul 14, 2014
Paddy Omagog wrote:
<quoted text>
So, um, what you're saying is: You don't care if we kill the Roman Catholics as long as we leave the Baptists alone?... FINALLY! She says something reasonable...
No, I'm saying not all Christians are Catholics and Catholics today aren't the same Roman Catholics in the Middle Ages.

Unfortunately, many things were done in the name of Christianity which I'm sure Jesus would have condemned. Quite sure, in fact.

Here's another way of looking at it: Males are often responsible for doing the unthinkable. Aren't you a male? And does that mean you are responsible for doing the unthinkable also?

Maybe you just needed some perspective.
Paddy Omagog

New York, NY

#1166713 Jul 14, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh sweetie....we laugh at every single one of your comments..
That was actually pretty good, Tickers... the old jokes are the best jokes...

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1166714 Jul 14, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I always prefer to laugh spontaneously and not as a courtesy, laugh from the gut and not from the brain. And I'd rather laugh as a knee-jerk response to humor rather than as a defense against crying. Insane laughter is for the insane and so if I ever find myself laughing insanely, I'll start crying
But, WTH...it's funny but I'll take whatever laughter I can find...:-)
Just some levity is good enough these days.

There was a time when I would laugh until I cried at some posts on here. Those days are gone. We're in survival mode now.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1166715 Jul 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian and Muslim conflicts go way back.
However, if you're referring to the Crusades....
The Crusades took place under the banner of the Roman Catholic Church. Not all Christians are Roman Catholics and Catholics today weren't Roman Catholics during the Crusades.
No matter what anyone might think of the Crusades today, it reopened the Mediterranean to trade and travel enabling Genoa and Venice to flourish and was the first experiments in "Europe Overseas".
But if it's possible for you to put your bias aside, remember not all Christians were or are Roman Catholics and Catholics today didn't participate in the Crusades in the Middle Ages.
Kay?
Crusades-Bashing is akin to Bush-Bashing; each has its relevance back there and not here.

If Noah's Arch had sprung a leak, if Moses would've edited those Tablets, if Sampson had not fallen for Delilah, If Lincoln had ducked, if Mohamed Atta had accumulated more Frequent Flyer Miles, if Lizzie Borden had been sinfully ugly, if......

If Caesar had said "Et tu, Wooddick?"
paddyomalley

Bastrop, TX

#1166716 Jul 14, 2014
Paddy Omagog wrote:
<quoted text>
So, um, what you're saying is: You don't care if we kill the Roman Catholics as long as we leave the Baptists alone?... FINALLY! She says something reasonable...
You two bit POS. I know you would dare say that to anyone's face because you're a coward like your daddy was.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1166717 Jul 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Just some levity is good enough these days.
There was a time when I would laugh until I cried at some posts on here. Those days are gone. We're in survival mode now.
And if you can't laugh at yourself then don't worry about it.

Somebody else will do it for you:->

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1166718 Jul 14, 2014
Iran is playing cat and mouse to get a nuclear weapon.
Iraq is in the hands of ruthless savages worse than al Qaeda.
Syria could still have WMDs and persecuting Christians.
Christian children are being burned alive and entire villages massacred.
Russia is invading the Ukraine while being responsible for Syria.
Africa's Boka Haram is kidnapping and torturing young Christian girls.
Africa's al Qaeda groups are reorganizing.
Egypt is persecuting Christians.
North Korea is threatening South Korea.
Israel and the Palestinians could start a war that becomes a catalyst.
The leader of ISIS has proclaimed a Caliphate.
ISIS has members with American passports and reported dirty bombs undetectable at airport securities.
ISIS murdered 29 women in their homes over the weekend.
Bodies of immigrant children are washing up on the Rio Grande.

And Obama recently suggested to young Americans that things around the world just couldn't be better:

"If you had to choose any moment to be born in human history - not knowing your position or who you were going to be - you'd choose this time. The world is less violent than it has ever been."
~Barack Obama

Is he on drugs or something?
Paddy Omagog

New York, NY

#1166719 Jul 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm saying not all Christians are Catholics and Catholics today aren't the same Roman Catholics in the Middle Ages.
Unfortunately, many things were done in the name of Christianity which I'm sure Jesus would have condemned. Quite sure, in fact.
Here's another way of looking at it: Males are often responsible for doing the unthinkable. Aren't you a male? And does that mean you are responsible for doing the unthinkable also?
Maybe you just needed some perspective.
What you did, honey, is shed ANY responsibility for christian excesses by simply stating: Those christians who did all that stuff then aren't like christians now, so don't blame me... But that's not how it works. Here's an example... If you were in the Ku Klux Klan 50 years ago you burned crosses and you-know-who. It was a "christian" cross, and it was for whites only, just like now. The Klan was and is... wait for it... "christian." The mormons are busy waiting for historical jesus to come back from the planet Golub to pick everybody up in his spaceship... well, not EVERYbody, just the christians and the ones of you they've managed to baptize in a big bathtub somewhere. They ALL claim to be christians.. How about the "Lord's Resistance Army," I don't know this to be true but they certainly SOUND like christians..?

So, if you are not to be judged as a cohesive whole, how are the rest of us to deal with this thing called "christianity," which, according to you has so many diverse and unresponsible elements? Why not just stand up and shout, "The republican party is just a bunch of old assholes who don't know WHAT they believe or what their current health insurance covers?"

What are you suggesting, carol?... christianity is a sort of experiment in diversity?... Well, I kinda knew we were gonna get back to the Crusades...

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1166720 Jul 14, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you can't laugh at yourself then don't worry about it.
Somebody else will do it for you:->
True. So true. So very, very true.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1166721 Jul 14, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Crusades-Bashing is akin to Bush-Bashing; each has its relevance back there and not here.
If Noah's Arch had sprung a leak, if Moses would've edited those Tablets, if Sampson had not fallen for Delilah, If Lincoln had ducked, if Mohamed Atta had accumulated more Frequent Flyer Miles, if Lizzie Borden had been sinfully ugly, if......
If Caesar had said "Et tu, Wooddick?"
Broad-brush labeling entire groups of people and going back in time is what liberals like to do best. They have nothing left to defend or talk about in the present.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1166722 Jul 14, 2014
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Gee Whiz Ghostie, you bitch, hate, and moan, everyday, with your altitude toward Republcans or anyone whom doesn't receive a welfare check, giverment workers, etc. So put a sock in it will ya?
lol! poor chica.

still clueless about the Constitution....

and now you can add a simple snipe too!!!
Paddy Omagog

New York, NY

#1166723 Jul 14, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Crusades-Bashing is akin to Bush-Bashing; each has its relevance back there and not here.
If Noah's Arch had sprung a leak, if Moses would've edited those Tablets, if Sampson had not fallen for Delilah, If Lincoln had ducked, if Mohamed Atta had accumulated more Frequent Flyer Miles, if Lizzie Borden had been sinfully ugly, if......
If Caesar had said "Et tu, Wooddick?"
Ok, so why is this guy headed to jewville?...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/18/us/nazi-charge-...

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1166724 Jul 14, 2014
Paddy Omagog wrote:
<quoted text>
What you did, honey, is shed ANY responsibility for christian excesses by simply stating: Those christians who did all that stuff then aren't like christians now, so don't blame me... But that's not how it works. Here's an example... If you were in the Ku Klux Klan 50 years ago you burned crosses and you-know-who. It was a "christian" cross, and it was for whites only, just like now. The Klan was and is... wait for it... "christian." The mormons are busy waiting for historical jesus to come back from the planet Golub to pick everybody up in his spaceship... well, not EVERYbody, just the christians and the ones of you they've managed to baptize in a big bathtub somewhere. They ALL claim to be christians.. How about the "Lord's Resistance Army," I don't know this to be true but they certainly SOUND like christians..?
So, if you are not to be judged as a cohesive whole, how are the rest of us to deal with this thing called "christianity," which, according to you has so many diverse and unresponsible elements? Why not just stand up and shout, "The republican party is just a bunch of old assholes who don't know WHAT they believe or what their current health insurance covers?"
What are you suggesting, carol?... christianity is a sort of experiment in diversity?... Well, I kinda knew we were gonna get back to the Crusades...
Sorry, Paddy. Won't be dragged into this discussion with you. It'd be like trying to reason with someone who believes a Jeep is a Chevy. Pointless.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1166725 Jul 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Know them by their fruits. Not all who stand behind Christianity bear the fruits (love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control).
I, too, battle with the flesh and try to bear these fruits unless willfully stupid people and people who are cruel put me to the test.
Even when losing that battle, God knows my heart's in the right place, pretty sure. When progressive secularists don't seem to care about God or country and demonize those of us who do, then my battle begins.
But sometimes battles have to be fought so what's right and good for all prevails.
You're too intolerant son.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1166726 Jul 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm saying not all Christians are Catholics and Catholics today aren't the same Roman Catholics in the Middle Ages.
Unfortunately, many things were done in the name of Christianity which I'm sure Jesus would have condemned. Quite sure, in fact.
Here's another way of looking at it: Males are often responsible for doing the unthinkable. Aren't you a male? And does that mean you are responsible for doing the unthinkable also?
Maybe you just needed some perspective.
Not all Arabs are Allah freaks and male sexist pigs. Kahlil Gibran, Salman Rushdie, Adunis,
Casey Kasem,.....

Not all Russians are Communists. Not all WoodTicks are bugs. Just one.

“I be me, and you are...”

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#1166727 Jul 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have not seen the word "willfully" right before the word "stupid".
But you just made my point.
The rest of your post made no sense at all to me.
Well I am not stressed out on that as long as it makes you look like the biggest thing around..hu?

I bet you think you are...That's alright as far as sense is going

The bible speaks and people listen or wait so how did they manage in the day OF CHRIST when they didn't have it...seems a bit similar or how advanced evolved have the people come....Hmmmm

Have an awesome time...Oh great wise one...

Where are the other two?
Your side kicks your back up your lay outers...

The weather man lied again...Do you know him too?
Paddy Omagog

New York, NY

#1166729 Jul 14, 2014
paddyomalley wrote:
<quoted text>
You two bit POS. I know you would dare say that to anyone's face because you're a coward like your daddy was.
I'm pretty sure Daddy WAS a coward... I know he was in the Army certainly? Me? not so much. Did I mention I'd been married three times? You had your chance, tough-guy, and all you did was lie like the RC piece of shit you is, apparently...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 min sheila longg shlong 19,635
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 25 min State the Obvious 308,935
Veteran Democratic Sen. Mikulski won't seek re-... 3 hr Sterkfontein Swar... 7
Four shot in Hillen neighborhood of Northeast B... Sun Sad 1
In Maryland, economic angst breaks through the ... Sun Brad 1
Do you think global warming is here? Sun Brad 1
Rams Head president 'embarrassed and humiliated... Sun Brad 1
Baltimore Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:15 pm PST

Bleacher Report10:15PM
Best Draft-Day Contingency Plans for Redskins
Bleacher Report 4:02 AM
Redskins Final Free-Agency Outlook and Predictions
Bleacher Report 5:31 AM
Ray Rice Grievance Settlement with Ravens Reportedly Worth $1.588 Million
ESPN 7:14 AM
Report: Ravens, Rice reach $1.588M settlement
Yahoo! Sports 7:25 AM
NFL's Ravens, Rice settlement was for $1.59 million: report