Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1262076 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1166856 Jul 15, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The Federal Highway Administration__Flack's source has it's own "Interstate Myths" section/website. There is no way that stupid fk understood what he was reading.
He's been talking that same bs since the thread began nearly 6 years ago.
Realtime is totally confused and cannot disapprove what was stated so now wildly throwing mud.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1166858 Jul 15, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oppression feeds hate. It is the cancer that must be cut out to cure the problem.
This is not to say that I support the Palestinian rocket attacks on israel. The killing of innocents is never acceptable. But, Gaza isn't described by human rights groups as an "open air prison with no where to escape" without good reason. Hate begets hate.
We will all be better off when the leaders of the world realize that ALL life is precious.
Egypt offered a path to peace which Israel accepted and Hamas rejected.

Hamas source for missiles has been cut off. So, eventually they well run out. Appears to be the path Hamas has chosen.

The Middle East and the world is on fire and the Hamas timing was bad. Too many concerns to focus on a terrorist group misbehaving.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1166859 Jul 15, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,
Excellent Post
sniff...sniff...my eyes are wet. How touching!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA.......

Dupie - after I wake him up from his Progressive Trance:

"For I was stupid and you educated me, I was brainwashed and you gave me Reality, I was a social pariah and you welcomed me,.....

sniff...sniff...my eyes are wet. How touching!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1166860 Jul 15, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
When powerful men take advantage of mentally challenged women like Monica Lewinsky and lily, it becomes an insidious form of Statutory Rape.
lily and Monica love it.
You're a moran. She stalked the President; how many men wouldn't succumb to a young woman who wants to suck his dyck? There was no rape involved and you're an idiot
Bill Clinton is a tall, handsome charming man, and not to mention powerful and he was the President of the United States. I have no doubt he probably had thousands of opportunities; he's only human

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1166861 Jul 15, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Untied States, why do you always type the United States as Untied. Of course we all agree under the dict ate or crap of O'bama.
I see where you were: The Los Angeles Police Department confirmed Sunday evening that a Department of Homeland Security agent opened fire during a pro-Israel rally in front of the Westwood Federal Building.
The protest, which drew as many as 2,000 participants, reportedly turned violent after pro-Palestinian protesters began attacking several attendees with sticks.
As the four alleged attackers attempted to leave the scene in a pickup truck, a DHS agent opened fire on the vehicle, missing all inside. It's too bad the DHS didn't shoot these Pro-terrorist terrorists dead. All Moslems and pro-Palestinian liberals are terrorists. Here there and the world over.
Terrorism : "Ongoing policies or pre-meditated actions to terrorize psychologically or physically civilians for political gain."

FACT: "Israel is actively involved in ongoing policies designed to terrorize the palestinian people through violence and humiliation for the political gain. If Israel was not a state with a seat in the UN, it's actions would make it a terrorist organization.Therefore Israel is a terrorist state."

http://www.sfdebate.org/debates/240407.php

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1166862 Jul 15, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Two former Utah attorneys general, John Swallow (R) and Mark Shurtleff (R), were arrested on Tuesday morning, according to the Deseret News.
The FBI is expected to hold a press conference at 9 a.m. local time, the newspaper reported.
The Salt Lake Tribune reported that Swallow had been arrested on suspicion of felony charges of bribery, giving false or inconsistent statements and misuse of public funds. Further information on Shurtleff was not yet available.
Federal and state law enforcement searched Swallow and Shurtleff's homes in June amid a probe into the state attorney general's office. Swallow had followed Shurtleff in the office, but resigned last year amid several federal and local investigations.
Authorities have been investigating possible bribery, obstruction of justice and misuse of public funds.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/former-...
Now, that's hard to swallow
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1166863 Jul 15, 2014
Disease Threat From Immigrant Children Wildly Overstated

The Central American kids arriving in Texas are likely to be better-vaccinated than children in Texas.

With thousands of children from Central America arriving at the U.S.-Mexico border, an old plague is once again sweeping the country—the fear of the diseased immigrant.

“Our schools cannot handle this influx, we don’t even know what all diseases they have,” U.S. Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) said recently.“Our health care systems can’t withstand this influx.”

Fox News commentator Cal Thomas asks, for example, if “the unaccompanied minors pouring over the border…have brought with them proof of vaccination?” Thomas accuses the border-crossers of harboring vaccine-preventable diseases such as “mumps, measles, rubella, polio, tetanus and diphtheria.”

Before demonizing undocumented children, we should look at the facts: The vast majority of Central Americans are vaccinated against all these diseases. Governments concerned about health, and good parents investing in their kids, have made Central American kids better-vaccinated than Texan kids. We fear them not because they are actually sick, but because of powerful anti-immigration narratives that link foreigners to disease.

Consider, for example, Guatemala. According to the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Guatemalan kids are more likely than Texans to be immunized for most infectious diseases. Guatemala has universal health care. Vaccines are 100 percent funded by the government.

By comparison, one in six kids in Texas is uninsured, and even insured families often must pay for vaccination. That means that many Texas kids fall behind on vaccinations, or miss them altogether when their family can’t afford a doctor’s visit. Other families refuse vaccination.

Dr. Elizabeth Lee Vliet, a Fox News commentator and former director of the ultra-conservative political group Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, writes in the McAllen Monitor that measles is among the “diseases the United States had controlled or virtually eradicated” that are “carried across the border by this tsunami of illegals.”

Fact check: UNICEF reports that 93 percent of kids in Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador are vaccinated against measles. That’s better than American kids (92 percent).

Furthermore, it’s absurd to claim that the U.S. has eradicated measles while Central America has not. In fact, measles outbreaks have resurged in some American cities. By contrast, according to the World Health Organization, neither Guatemala nor Honduras has had a reported case of measles since 1990.

Slate physician-writer (and Fox News contributor) Marc Siegel writes that unaccompanied minors “are a likely source” of the mosquito-borne dengue fever spreading to Texas. Siegel ignores two key public health points: First, legal immigrants and travelers are a much larger group than undocumented folks, and just as likely to carry dengue.(I don’t know about y’all, but I’ve never been screened for dengue fever at the Texas-Mexico border.) Second, mosquitoes can fly.

Interestingly, Siegel is the author of three books—Swine Flu: The New Pandemic, Bird Flu: Everything you Need to Know about the Next Pandemic and False Alarm: Profiting from the Epidemic of Fear. That last title must be a memoir.

http://www.texasobserver.org/disease-threat-i...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1166864 Jul 15, 2014
The Craigslist Killers

"You seem like a guy people feel comfortable with," I tell him.

He releases another commiserating grin, this one called guilty as charged. "People say that," he replies.

God has been the one constant in his life, he tells me, thanks to his mom.

"I accepted Jesus as my savior when I was 12 years old," he says. "I was baptized then, and that's all the baptizing I needed, according to my religion."

http://www.gq.com/news-politics/newsmakers/20...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1166865 Jul 15, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian Jihad
Laying Down the Sword: Why We Can’t Ignore the Bible’s Violent Verses
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...
so can i get a pat on the back now?
Not hardly. Islam is still practicing their special brand of tolerance and peace. Christianity only attacks your conscience.

Lapeer, MI

#1166866 Jul 15, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Doo-Pont is such an idiot. Unbelievable!
Dupie is a Useful Idiot.

His son is the spawn of a Useful Idiot.

Location hidden

#1166867 Jul 15, 2014
This attitude is the reason the Palestinians hate Jews:

"fetch almighty"<quoted text> Post #1166655

"All Moslems and pro-Palestinian liberals are terrorists. Here there and the world over.'

Radicalism is a cancer.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1166868 Jul 15, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, that's hard to swallow
Republicans taking bribes? not that hard to swallow.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1166870 Jul 15, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Terrorism : "Ongoing policies or pre-meditated actions to terrorize psychologically or physically civilians for political gain."
FACT: "Israel is actively involved in ongoing policies designed to terrorize the palestinian people through violence and humiliation for the political gain. If Israel was not a state with a seat in the UN, it's actions would make it a terrorist organization.Therefore Israel is a terrorist state."
http://www.sfdebate.org/debates/240407.php
Hamas is a terrorist group

Lapeer, MI

#1166871 Jul 15, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Bottom feeders like you are always intimidated by intellectuals, My advice is to just accept the "FACT" that you are a moron and move on.
Calling Dupie an intellectual is like calling Ghost a veteran.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA......

Let's just call a spade a spade, OK?

Dupie is a wannabe academician stuffed shirt and you are a Homer Simpson wannabe Trailer Park King.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1166872 Jul 15, 2014
The GOP and Israel

Scott McConnell concludes that Jeb Bush has learned nothing from his brother’s failures:

His appearance at Sheldon’s event is an early and important indication. It’s perhaps not decisive, but it is clear that he has concluded there’s nothing wrong, politically or morally, with paying homage to a loyal-to-Israel warmonger. For all those who might have hoped Jeb had learned something useful from the failed presidency of his brother, it’s a pretty clear indication. Most probably, he has not.

That’s true. The more dispiriting news from the recent “suck-up fest” in Las Vegas is that the same is true of virtually all Republicans with any interest in running for president. The GOP over the last few years has gone from being a reflexively hawkish “pro-Israel” party during the Bush years to being one that eagerly caters to the most fanatical kinds of “pro-Israel” views without even trying to pretend otherwise. It has gone from being almost completely uncritical in its support for hard-line Israeli policies to becoming a party dominated by mindless yes-men on anything related to the country. Even George W. Bush could bring himself to say the phrase “occupied territories” at the start of his presidency, but now that is something that aspiring Republican candidates are apparently not permitted to say if they don’t want to be perceived as lacking in “pro-Israel” zeal. Bush at least feigned interest in a two-state solution, but it seems less and less likely that most of the potential 2016 candidates will even bother paying the idea lip service.

To some extent, this can be explained by the desire to appear more hawkish than the administration, which requires Republican politicians to take increasingly hard-line positions in order to attack Obama for “weakness.” Another factor is the near-unanimity in conservative media in favor of a “pro-Israel” hawkish line on Iran, Palestine, and any other related issues. Uncritical support is simply taken for granted, and becomes a litmus test for maintaining one’s standing on the right. Most of the 2012 candidates were climbing over one another in their eagerness to express just how total and undying their devotion was. Whatever the reasons may be, the Republican Party has become far more uniform and intense in its “pro-Israel” views than it used to be, and it is becoming this way at the same time that the country as a whole is becoming much less so.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

East Hartford, CT

#1166873 Jul 15, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Just got back from a glorious two weeks at the beach with family and loved ones...Hows the boyfriend, Chevy Chevette and the single wide coming along. We all envy you garlic breath.Dumbo.
Really Patrick? There you go again using the "glorious" word you used two years ago when you said you were going on a "glorious" East Coast vacation. Did you enjoy you "imaginary" loved ones Patrick/Ghost?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1166874 Jul 15, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't go all Carol on me Lily. Regular immigration process is long, cumbersome and for the refugees hopelessly expensive. It's also geared not for those like these children but more for skilled workers. If the Irish escaping from the Potato Famine or Eastern European Jews fleeing from the pogroms had to wait on this process they would have died long before they were allowed into this country.
One of the things that fuel gang violence in these countries as well as in our own is drug money. Our failed War on Drugs has exacerbated this situation just like Prohibition did in this country in the 1920s.
There's no easy answers Lily.
Call me a hopeless idealist but I take Matthew 25:35 seriously;
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,
Actually I think Carol is in favor of keeping them here. I just can't understand who is going to take care of these children. Those countries have armies; maybe it's time they used them on the drug cartels and killed them all; however I think those leaders are all taking drug money.
I just think if we accept all these children then word spreads like wildfire and we'll have a million Haitians and Cubans on the shores of Florida; and what will we do with them either?
Is it not better to help these people stay in their own countries, with their own families, who speak their own language?
We certainly have our share of people who abuse children in this country. Actually Honduras and Guatemala were on the list obtained from a former professor here who was arrested for child molestation; he had brought a boy of 12 from one of those countries; until the boy finally had the courage to tell the teacher what was happening to him.
The harddrives in his computer had a handbook of where to find hopeless poor families and how to offer them a house and promise a bright future for their sons etc. It's disgusting.

Location hidden

#1166875 Jul 15, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so no ObamaKKKare benefits until eligibility is confirmed.......
Yep. Which is exactly what the Affordable Care Act says. I haven't seen any evidence that illegals are obtaining health insurance under the ACA. If you have, provide it.

Lapeer, MI

#1166876 Jul 15, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oppression feeds hate. It is the cancer that must be cut out to cure the problem.
This is not to say that I support the Palestinian rocket attacks on israel. The killing of innocents is never acceptable. But, Gaza isn't described by human rights groups as an "open air prison with no where to escape" without good reason. Hate begets hate.
We will all be better off when the leaders of the world realize that ALL life is precious.
You are better than ipecac syrup.

Bulimics must love reading this puke.

You have a purpose in Life!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1166877 Jul 15, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans taking bribes? not that hard to swallow.
I know it was lame but I couldn't resist!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr John-K 310,312
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr Samuel-7g-Jackson 20,089
Baltimores Big Mouth Prosecutor 14 hr Seed from the Sower 5
Many Candidates for President But No Solutions ... 19 hr Culture Auditor 1
News Whatever happened to . . . Lorenzo the Tramp (Feb '08) Mon Richard Kranium 8
Capital sex offender free in Baltimore. Mon Anwar al-Awlaki 21
News Ten shot, 2 dead in weekend violence Mon reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages