Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1404475 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1153229 Jun 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
So when has governing ever been about being "cool"?
It supposed to be about strength of character and having convictions to make the really tough decisions.
Most of us wouldn't mind following a democratic leader as long as we knew where the heck they were taking us.
It's been like wandering in the desert the past five years. Or dithering on a golf course that covers the same expanse.
There's nothing "cool" about not knowing who the heck is in charge.
People with rigid convictions are inflexible; I prefer a contemplative leader. We know who is in charge; we have confidence in President Obama's decision making skills.

You're the one with the problems. Every President golfs; even the black one, much to your chagrin. We get it; it's a white supremacist thought process.
You want the black guy to work 24/7; no vacations, no golf, no merry making. That's racism.
You can't stand one thing about him because he is black. We can all see it in every post you put up. And, it's getting worse.
Odd that it's 6 years and you're still not over it!! Incredible.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1153230 Jun 19, 2014
Hey Obama wrote:
<quoted text>A Veteran I used to take the VA couldn't get glasses for over two years. They lost them five times. But he has a knot on his head... they found the time to radiate him to death immediately. He died from too much radiation exposure from the VA.
the only thing worse than being denied treatment by the VA is to receive treatment from the incompetents who work there.....doctors who can't get hired anywhere else.....
Patrick

United States

#1153231 Jun 19, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally a sunny day after a week of rain! Heading to the beach!
Enjoy. Good Day Sunshine
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1153232 Jun 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
My God you people are ridiculous.
Obama offered the Egyptian government the same aid they always got.
I have never seen such a bunch of crybaby liars in all my life as Flack & his whiner buddies.
You people are dumber than sh*t.
providing any aid to the Muslim Brotherhood is criminal.....

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1153233 Jun 19, 2014
Robot Thread wrote:
<quoted text> when are ppl going to realize this 6 yr old thread iS COMPUTER Programming??? I just counted the past 4 posts and 1 was over 500 words reply from a post ONE,MINUTE EARLIER. Taopix, delete this thread, this is why Topix was on,CNBC and now, 6 yrs,later, it's dead. Robot post are not fooling advertising
Have to confess I've questioned a few times if some posters on here could be so far removed from reality and out of the loop or if they're just pulling our leg.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1153234 Jun 19, 2014
Rep. Gregory Meeks (D-NY) has heard just about enough from Dick Cheney these days.

During a fiery interview Thursday on MSNBC, Meeks couldn't hide his anger toward the former vice president, who has re-emerged in recent days to condemn the Obama administration for its handling of Iraq.

The New York congressman said he doesn't view the deteriorating security situation in Iraq as an "imminent danger" to the U.S. and he blasted Cheney for "irresponsible decisions" during the vice president's time in office.

"How dare he come and raise his ugly head at this time. I'm sorry. I'm upset about that," Meeks told anchor Tamron Hall.

Meeks said he voted against authorizing the use of force in Iraq in 2002 because George W. Bush and company failed to make a convincing case. Now, Meeks just wishes Cheney would just go away.

"He was dead wrong then and he's dead wrong now and he's never been right," he said. "I just wish we would stop covering him because all the evidence is in. Everything that he said back in 2002, 2003 has been proven wrong."

"The guy should just go stay retired, you know, take care of his health and just keep his mouth shut," Meeks added.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/gregory...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1153235 Jun 19, 2014
Obama is talking....but saying absolutely nothing.......
Patrick

United States

#1153236 Jun 19, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
People with rigid convictions are inflexible; I prefer a contemplative leader. We know who is in charge; we have confidence in President Obama's decision making skills.
You're the one with the problems. Every President golfs; even the black one, much to your chagrin. We get it; it's a white supremacist thought process.
You want the black guy to work 24/7; no vacations, no golf, no merry making. That's racism.
You can't stand one thing about him because he is black. We can all see it in every post you put up. And, it's getting worse.
Odd that it's 6 years and you're still not over it!! Incredible.
On target sadly ...no support for America
TPRTY

United States

#1153238 Jun 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
So when has governing ever been about being "cool"?
It supposed to be about strength of character and having convictions to make the really tough decisions.
Most of us wouldn't mind following a democratic leader as long as we knew where the heck they were taking us.
It's been like wandering in the desert the past five years. Or dithering on a golf course that covers the same expanse.
There's nothing "cool" about not knowing who the heck is in charge.
Au contraire, mon frere.

Being ¨cool¨ is a top priority when selecting leftist politicians. The candidate needs to be a chameleon too -- in other words, a leftist pol must be willing and able to ¨evolve¨ by the hour. Also, staying on top of pop culture is paramount.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1153240 Jun 19, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>50 million dollars of free advertising-and yet sells only 60 thousand books, sounds like liberalism to me. Isn't this how liberals roll?
at 60,000 copies sold, Hillary's advance of $14 million is $233 per copy.....

looks like a campaign contribution instead of a business deal.....
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel

Oswego, IL

#1153241 Jun 19, 2014
bo has said "uh" more times than its ever been spoken! Keep celebrating the lies and failures of the left. Keep polishing bo's turds leftists.......they're bound to come clean soon!
TPRTY

United States

#1153242 Jun 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Obama is talking....but saying absolutely nothing.......
The ¨brilliant¨ Obama -- still claiming a goal of seeking ¨diplomatic solutions¨ in the Middle East.

What a stooge.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1153243 Jun 19, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
People with rigid convictions are inflexible; I prefer a contemplative leader. We know who is in charge; we have confidence in President Obama's decision making skills.
You're the one with the problems. Every President golfs; even the black one, much to your chagrin. We get it; it's a white supremacist thought process.
You want the black guy to work 24/7; no vacations, no golf, no merry making. That's racism.
You can't stand one thing about him because he is black. We can all see it in every post you put up. And, it's getting worse.
Odd that it's 6 years and you're still not over it!! Incredible.
You find fault with rigid convictions? What other kind of convictions are there?

Say no more. Sorry to say, but you just waved your sign.

(By the way, Obama hasn't made a decision his entire presidency. He has a lot of meetings with his elite inner circle but doesn't listen or reach out to anyone else for advise. Even ObamaCare was put into the hands of Reid and Pelosi. Obama is not in charge. Make no mistake. He would rather do nothing and make no decision than risk making the wrong one that could stain his legacy...which is in his own mind at this point.)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1153244 Jun 19, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Rep. Gregory Meeks (D-NY) has heard just about enough from Dick Cheney these days.
During a fiery interview Thursday on MSNBC, Meeks couldn't hide his anger toward the former vice president, who has re-emerged in recent days to condemn the Obama administration for its handling of Iraq.
The New York congressman said he doesn't view the deteriorating security situation in Iraq as an "imminent danger" to the U.S. and he blasted Cheney for "irresponsible decisions" during the vice president's time in office.
"How dare he come and raise his ugly head at this time. I'm sorry. I'm upset about that," Meeks told anchor Tamron Hall.
Meeks said he voted against authorizing the use of force in Iraq in 2002 because George W. Bush and company failed to make a convincing case. Now, Meeks just wishes Cheney would just go away.
"He was dead wrong then and he's dead wrong now and he's never been right," he said. "I just wish we would stop covering him because all the evidence is in. Everything that he said back in 2002, 2003 has been proven wrong."
"The guy should just go stay retired, you know, take care of his health and just keep his mouth shut," Meeks added.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/gregory...
Meeks is a crook...be careful who you climb in bed with.....

as well as a racist who supported the old lady over Hussein......
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1153245 Jun 19, 2014
More Americans agree with President Barack Obama’s views on Iraq than those of Sen. John McCain, a new poll says.

According to a Public Policy Polling survey released Tuesday, 54 percent of voters say they agree more with the president on Iraq, compared with 28 percent who said they agree more with McCain.

The poll also reports that voters overwhelmingly oppose sending U.S. combat troops into the country. Seventy-four percent of respondents say they oppose sending combat troops into Iraq, compared with 16 percent of voters who support that plan.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/iraq-ba...

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1153246 Jun 19, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
<quoted text>
The ¨brilliant¨ Obama -- still claiming a goal of seeking ¨diplomatic solutions¨ in the Middle East.
What a stooge.
All he needs now is a fiddle and the nickname of Nero.

Rome's burning and he's dithering. Wonder what club he's using in trying to seek diplomatic solutions?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1153247 Jun 19, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
<quoted text>
The ¨brilliant¨ Obama -- still claiming a goal of seeking ¨diplomatic solutions¨ in the Middle East.
What a stooge.
when Obama talks about an inclusive government, that is a joke......

the ISIS concept of inclusion is to terminate all Shia....not to mention terminating all homosexuals and enslavement of women.....

turn out the lights.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1153248 Jun 19, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally a sunny day after a week of rain! Heading to the beach!
Florida is a dump, a swamp unfit for humans....

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1153249 Jun 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Obama is talking....but saying absolutely nothing.......
Which is why I didn't want to watch it. For just that reason. My head might explode.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1153250 Jun 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Corruption comes in any color.
Remember Nixon? A white corrupt man who was held accountable? Before the media became propagandists with a prom king crush on the cool black guy...like Grey?
This is probably over your head. Go back to insulting people and calling them your son.
lol! Well... if you're going to be selective about what you consider to be poor behaviour... son!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 19 hr stupid republicans 20,389
News Police arrest man in shootings outside schools Tue bozo 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Mon Brian_G 311,489
News Two men shot in one-hour span overnight in Balt... Mon bozo 1
boycott the usps Sun JOHNNY LENNON 1
News Is Illinois couple's murder tied to bankruptcy ... (Oct '08) Jul 24 TheGambler 12
News Two men shot, one fatally, inside suspected dru... Jul 24 bozo 1

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages