Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1277722 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1138625 May 19, 2014
Emeemmamabama wrote:
<quoted text> "If you like your health plan, you can't keep your health plan." (B. Hussein O.)
i kept mine....
Patrick

United States

#1138626 May 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You clearly need to do a lot of research about Saddam, chemical weapons and the enemy claiming it to be the frontline of their declared war.
We're still sacrificing men and women in Afghanistan and Pakistan. The sacrifices in Iraq were for nothing because a narcissist in the White House wanted to be right about it instead.
Wow,
you feel President George W Bush was "a narcissist in the White House"
Moniker L

New York, NY

#1138627 May 19, 2014
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>The guy has been there now into his second four year term. He was the smartest thing since sliced bread according to the MSM. Now it's still George Bush's fault? When is it Barack Hussein Obama's fault? After all he said he could fix it seven years ago, and hasn't done diddily?
Didn't you know? You're arguing with Obamaphiles. The wimpy boy-man is the worst since Carter, but they spend their lives on here defending him and blaming everyone else, just as he does.

So we've had 6 years of Obama and the Democrats and their job KILLING, economic growth killing policies, and we have the worst economic growth and worst UNEMPLOYMENT for the longest period of time since the Great Depression. The working Middle Class has lost more income under, and because of, Obama than at any time since the Great Depression.

Because we've had 6 years of Obama and the Democrats we have the lowest percentage of Americans working in 36 years. Obama just killed up to 50,000 very high paying jobs for average working Americans by blocking the Keystone XL Pipeline, and he's blocking over a million high paying jobs by blocking energy development on Federal lands.

His only accomplishments are Played Most Golf as President, Most Flexible and Michelle's Most Expensive Vacations.
Patrick

United States

#1138628 May 19, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
President Obama was saying success "is the result of government," not "hard-working people," when he said, "If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen."
In speeches and videos, the Romney campaign has repeatedly distorted Obama's words. By plucking two sentences out of context, Romney twists the president's remarks and ignores their real meaning.
The preceding sentences make clear that Obama was talking about the importance of government-provided infrastructure and education to the success of private businesses.
Romney also conveniently ignores Obama's clear summary of his message, that "the point is ... that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together."
By leaving out the "individual initiative" reference, Romney and his supporters have misled viewers and given a false impression. For that, we rate the claim False.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
Good Post, thanks

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

#1138629 May 19, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are still confused.
The issue is hidden waiting lists and hospitals lying about their wait times so they could receive bonuses.
That is the issue.

It has nothing to do with Obama or Obama's efforts to fix yet another problem that Bush created & ignored.

St. Croix valley

#1138630 May 19, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so do you think that started the day Obama took office?
you wish.
hells yeah!! the second his hand hit that qura...er...bible, the corruption started. that very same hour, Lois Lerner, appointed to her post under Bush and one of the most apolitical people her friends know, suddenly decided to target anyone she though might possibly be a tad bit right of Che Guevera....

i myself suddenly started looking up answers to the crossword puzzle online, reading the last page of my book first and doing the 'fake throw' for my puppy... it's like a mass hysteria!

St. Croix valley

#1138631 May 19, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
until you have read EVERY piece of intelligence on the subject of "WMDs" one should keep his/her mouth shut....
all we need to know is that when Bush Cheney, and Rummy all said they had "proof" they lied. they did not have proof.
GayGhostsmama

Palm Coast, FL

#1138632 May 19, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Being stuck on stupid requires you to be a regurgitating chimp. Congratulations BOZO. Wax turd.
Your stuck and regurgitating what because it still hasn't been honestly remedied, Honey?
Fake Teacher

Palm Coast, FL

#1138633 May 19, 2014
(you're)
Patrick

United States

#1138634 May 19, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
But his wife is Mexican and his children are too! Plus he is bilingual. He has a likeability factor that is rare with Republicans. Don't get me wrong; he is still a Bush; he was our Gov for 8 years so we know this snake well.
Does he have health issues?
GayGhostsmama

Palm Coast, FL

#1138635 May 19, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally I think topix should do something about idiots like you Waxman that only clutter up the board and make it impossible to have a real discussion. You are truly retarded, no doubt. You offer absolutely nothing in the way of being informative. just a real dumbazz.
You're cluttering up and offering nothing about what, Honey?
Houdini Filter

Palm Coast, FL

#1138636 May 19, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean like Rush sounds when he sings the Magic Negro song?
That's silly! If Obama had half-magic qualities, the USA would be at least half better than before he assumed the presidency. You're so silly!
Emeemmamabama

Palm Coast, FL

#1138637 May 19, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i kept mine....
Then why haven't you been cured?
TeApArTy

East Hartford, CT

#1138638 May 19, 2014
Take a close look at the VA scandal folks. This is exactly what health care will be like for us peons under government run, single payer.

St. Croix valley

#1138639 May 19, 2014
TeApArTy wrote:
Take a close look at the VA scandal folks. This is exactly what health care will be like for us peons under government run, single payer.
must suck to be a peon, huh? good that you know your place though.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1138640 May 19, 2014
I know...

It's Bush's fault....

"Another: Eighth VA Wait List Allegation Arises, WH in Damage Control Mode"

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2014/0...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1138641 May 19, 2014
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>The guy has been there now into his second four year term. He was the smartest thing since sliced bread according to the MSM. Now it's still George Bush's fault? When is it Barack Hussein Obama's fault? After all he said he could fix it seven years ago, and hasn't done diddily?
lol! I know son.

It can never be a reich wing whiner's fault!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1138642 May 19, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Saying offensive, bigoted remarks is okay as long as you pay off those you piss on?
NAACP needs to get it together. Things either or; or not racist.
Well hells bells son....

Reich wingers complain about Benghazi, then work on making money off the dead bodies....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1138643 May 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think we should have ignored a clear and imminent threat to civilization in lieu of another threat?
Shouldn't we focus on the other threat? And be concerned Iran is hoodwinking everyone including our president while hiding their nuclear weapons program in plain sight?
Does this president really think a zebra can change its stripes or a despotic country change their history just because of his own grand illusions and naivety?
What threat son?\

That's the same bunch of bull your bushie boy gave....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1138644 May 19, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>all we need to know is that when Bush Cheney, and Rummy all said they had "proof" they lied. they did not have proof.
READ THIS AGAIN....

'until you have read EVERY piece of intelligence on the subject of "WMDs" one should keep his/her mouth shut...'

very wise to heed this...don't you think?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 7, Including 3 Teens, Shot in Baltimore Overnight 2 hr Sam 3
News Arguments on dismissing charges, removing prose... 2 hr Just Saying 1
News Key lawmaker questions need for new youth jail ... 3 hr Scott 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr I hate taggers 20,108
News Baltimore police make arrest, urge protesters t... 3 hr Sober 1
News Demonstrator Arrested During 1st Hearing Of Fre... 3 hr Heya 1
News Hundreds to Protest Outside Freddie Gray Hearin... 3 hr Nicky 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages