Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1374962 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Homer

Reading, PA

#1139353 May 20, 2014
Patrick wrote:
Fox News has gone all Benghazi all of the time, and the result has been Fox's worst rated non-holiday week with younger viewers ..
Younger viewers prefer cartoons.
TPRTY

United States

#1139355 May 20, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Woodtick Post#259515:-in fact, i made lots of money as a landscape designer... bought my house and paid for the girls university... so sad you were forced to go into the army because you are stupid...but hey, we need cannon fodder too.
It's the culture...
"You know, education -- if you make the most of it -- you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq." - John ¨Lurch¨ Kerry

Woodtick is one of those 'I'm better/smarter/wealthier than all of you stupid Topix clowns' that you see on every thread. 45,000 times he has let us know how great he is and how stupid everyone else is.

Ghost is another one -- no sooner had he showed up when he started with the 'I have 8 cars, 9 houses, 5 college degees and thousands of friends and fans' bullshit.

They both know no one can either prove or disprove their claims. I don't know who they are trying to impress, but bragging about personal accomplishments on an anonymous discussion board is behavior a loser in life would feel necessary -- especially when they do it every day.
TPRTY

United States

#1139356 May 20, 2014
Patrick wrote:
Fox News has gone all Benghazi all of the time, and the result has been Fox's worst rated non-holiday week with younger viewers ..
Thanks to brainwashing by leftist teachers and professors and stupid words of advice by morons like Nancy Pelosi and Alinsky ACORN community organizers, most democrats under 30 are useless oxygen wasters.

Want a great financial tip? Invest in ¨medical¨ and recreational marijuana production, Nintendo and/or Sony, and Frito Lay.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1139357 May 20, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
<quoted text>
"You know, education -- if you make the most of it -- you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq." - John ¨Lurch¨ Kerry
Woodtick is one of those 'I'm better/smarter/wealthier than all of you stupid Topix clowns' that you see on every thread. 45,000 times he has let us know how great he is and how stupid everyone else is.
Ghost is another one -- no sooner had he showed up when he started with the 'I have 8 cars, 9 houses, 5 college degees and thousands of friends and fans' bullshit.
They both know no one can either prove or disprove their claims. I don't know who they are trying to impress, but bragging about personal accomplishments on an anonymous discussion board is behavior a loser in life would feel necessary -- especially when they do it every day.
A sellout Woodtick57 or a bagger like ghost who live vicariously through others get their pleasure watching others enjoy their own lives, even though woodtick/ghost don't enjoy their own lives posting as dumbasses...

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1139358 May 20, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks to brainwashing by leftist teachers and professors and stupid words of advice by morons like Nancy Pelosi and Alinsky ACORN community organizers, most democrats under 30 are useless oxygen wasters.
Want a great financial tip? Invest in ¨medical¨ and recreational marijuana production, Nintendo and/or Sony, and Frito Lay.
LOL... Marijuana cures stupidity!!!

It's the culture...

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1139360 May 20, 2014
DEATH wrote:
Q: What's the best way to kill a christian family?
A: Shit in their shoes and let the flies do the work...
nonsensical and unfunny. But how did it work for you? Shitting in your shoes?

“you know i know”

denver

#1139361 May 20, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
Welcome back PDupont, I hope things went well for you your son and family.
The little thug violated his parole and is back in the pen.

“you know i know”

denver

#1139362 May 20, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
The Affordable Care Act, or ACA, is delivering on its promise of quality, affordable coverage for millions of Americans. As attention turns to next year’s marketplace premiums, a new report released by the Center for American Progress puts these premiums into context and warns that efforts by conservatives to undermine or repeal the law will result in even greater premium increases and less protection for Americans.
“Prior to the ACA, health care coverage in the individual market was increasingly becoming more expensive and unreliable,” said Tony Carrk, CAP Senior Health Advisor.“The ACA has helped lower the rate of health care cost increases and is protecting Americans from being one illness away from losing everything. Though conservatives continue their efforts to undermine the law, the facts are simply not on their side.”
Before implementation of the ACA, premiums in the individual market increased 15 percent. Now—though premiums will vary by, and even within, states—projections show only a modest average premium increase for next year. The law’s financial assistance—85 percent of people in the marketplaces are receiving premium tax credits—and other consumer provisions in the law will lessen the impact of premium increases on consumers. A repeal of these protections would only exacerbate premium increases and would leave many Americans out of the health care marketplace altogether.
Hilarious, who writes your material?

“you know i know”

denver

#1139363 May 20, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim that its not enough that 97% of climatology scientists around the world have determined that climate change is a fact.
Can you name the ONE person that claimed Jesus walked on water without Googling it?
97% of climatologists do not subscribe to this nonsense, but feel free to try and prove it with facts, I;ll be waiting.

In the meantime, read this:

Peer-Reviewed Survey Finds Majority Of Scientists Skeptical - Forbes
www.forbes.com/.../peer-reviewed-survey-finds ... ;
Forbes
Feb 13, 2013 - They are skeptical that the scientific debate is settled regarding the IPCC .... Just like calling AGW “deniers” instead of skeptics, of which is what ...

It is becoming clear that not only do many scientists dispute the asserted global warming crisis, but these skeptical scientists may indeed form a scientific consensus.

Don’t look now, but maybe a scientific consensus exists concerning global warming after all. Only 36 percent of geoscientists and engineers believe that humans are creating a global warming crisis, according to a survey reported in the peer-reviewed Organization Studies. By contrast, a strong majority of the 1,077 respondents believe that nature is the primary cause of recent global warming and/or that future global warming will not be a very serious problem.

The survey results show geoscientists (also known as earth scientists) and engineers hold similar views as meteorologists. Two recent surveys of meteorologists (summarized here and here) revealed similar skepticism of alarmist global warming claims.

According to the newly published survey of geoscientists and engineers, merely 36 percent of respondents fit the “Comply with Kyoto” model. The scientists in this group “express the strong belief that climate change is happening, that it is not a normal cycle of nature, and humans are the main or central cause.”

“you know i know”

denver

#1139364 May 20, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim that its not enough that 97% of climatology scientists around the world have determined that climate change is a fact.
Can you name the ONE person that claimed Jesus walked on water without Googling it?
This may be of interest to you as well:

Obamacare And Unemployment Top America's Worries For 2014
www.science20.com/...top_americas_worries_201 ... Cached
The Obama administration finally managed to replace a stagnant economy and unemployment as the top worry of Americans in the latest Associated Press—NORC ...

Key findings of the Survey Include:
Obamacare topped the public's list of problems, mentioned by 52 percent of respondents as one of the top concerns, followed by unemployment (42 percent), the economy in general (39 percent), and the federal deficit (31 percent).

AGW is way down on the list of our worries.

“you know i know”

denver

#1139365 May 20, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Contrary to your simplistic interpretation of what the President said, here's what his assessment of Al Qaeda really is;
From his State of the Union address;
"While we've put al-Qaida's core leadership on a path to defeat, the threat has evolved as al-Qaida affiliates and other extremists take root in different parts of the world. In Yemen, Somalia, Iraq, Mali, we have to keep working with partners to disrupt and disable these networks."
President Obama also said during a national security speech in May 2013 that "Today, the core of al Qaeda in Afghanistan and Pakistan is on the path to defeat ... Instead, what we've seen is the emergence of various al Qaeda affiliates. From Yemen to Iraq, from Somalia to North Africa, the threat today is more diffuse, with al Qaeda's affiliates in the Arabian Peninsula -- AQAP -- the most active in plotting against our homeland."
Obama didn't lie about anything you clueless twit and neither did Hillary Clinton.
The fact is Carol that Reagan didn't do anything about those Marine deaths in Beirut; he went on to invade Grenada. His withdrawal from Lebanon further emboldened Islamic extremists and made the US look weak in their eyes.
Time for a recap:
The SOTU address by Barry Bongo, let me summarize.
"Good evening my fellow Americans, blab, blab, blab, wealth disparity, blab, blab, blab, tax the rich, blab, blab, George Bush, blab,blab,blab, lack of opportunity, blab,blab,blab, Rush hates me, blab,bab,blab, Fox News, blab,blab,blab, obstructionist republicans, blab,blab,blab, work with congress, blab,blab,blab, create jobs, blab,blab,blab, year of action, blab,blab,blab, income inequality, blab,blab,blab, Herbert Hoover, blab,blab,blab, George Bush, blab,blab,blab, Bush recession, blab,blab,blab, the rich have too much,blab,blab,blab, globall warming, blab, blab, blab, Bush recession, blab,blab,blab,$480 billion jobs program, blab,blab,blab, Putin, blab,blab,blab, Ukraine, blab,blab,blab lobster and arugula, blab,blab,blab, where's Bengazi, blab,blab,blab, what IRS scandal, blab,blab,blab."
Thank you and good night.

“you know i know”

denver

#1139367 May 20, 2014
RealDave wrote:
Republican Party gets to crush the Tea Party in several states today. They know that that are guaranteed the Tea Party vote in November. The Republican establishment will win the all out war against the Tea Party.
The Tea Party will even still slobber over Rand Paul even though he is campaigning for McConnell in KY against the Tea Party candidate.
Here in PA, our local Representative in Congress, a long time Republican establishment favorite, is under attack by two Tea Oarty candidates. Tea Party favorite, Paul Ryan is making calls for the establishment guy.
Even Republicans can't stand Tea Party idiots.
Now dumber than shit, member sucking Dave is rooting for republicans.

“you know i know”

denver

#1139368 May 20, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Any media that is still giving Democrats a pass for voting for facsism (Obamacare) IS indeed a liberal media and anyone that doesn't see that is a total idiot.
That would be every fliberal and Obama apologist and butt kisser on here.

“you know i know”

denver

#1139369 May 20, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
<quoted text>
That street sweeping quacker, aka Daffy Duck?

“you know i know”

denver

#1139371 May 20, 2014
Good old George:

The Bush economy:

"Democrats like to claim the 1990s were a golden age while the Bush years have been disastrous. But as the nearby chart shows, Mr. Bush inherited a recession. The dot-com bubble had burst in 2000, and the economy was sinking even before the shock of 9/11, the corporate scandals and Sarbanes-Oxley. Mr. Bush's original tax-cut proposal was designed in part as insurance against such a downturn."

"However, to win over Senate Democrats, Mr. Bush both phased in the tax rate reductions and settled for politically popular but economically feckless tax rebate checks. Those checks provided a short-term lift to consumer spending but no real boost to risk-taking or business investment, which was still recovering from the tech implosion. By late 2002, the economy was struggling again -- which is when Mr. Bush proposed his second round of tax cuts."

"This time the tax rate reductions were immediate, and they included cuts in capital gains and dividends designed to spur business incentives. As the tax cuts became law in late May 2003, the recovery began in earnest. Growth averaged nearly 4% over the next three years, the jobless rate fell from 6.3% in June 2003 to 4.4% in October 2006, and real wages began to grow despite rising food and energy prices. The 2003 tax cut was the high point of Bush economic policy."

"Nonetheless, the budget deficit did fall mid-decade, as tax revenues soared with the expansion. In fiscal 2007, the deficit hit $161 billion, or an economically trivial 1.2% of GDP. That seems like a distant memory after the bailout blowout of the last few months, but the point is that the Bush tax cuts aren't responsible for the deficits. Before the recession hit, federal tax revenues had climbed above their postwar average of 18.3% of GDP."

The WSJ

Then the chickens came home to roost and the demorat authored mortgage disaster hit.
TPRTY

United States

#1139372 May 20, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text> WAXTURDS wrote: Would you like to borrown my Mercedes. Well, now I have three brand new cars. If I told you what I bought for my personal driver, you wouldn't believe it.
WAXTURDS wrote:
I'll post from the Caribbean to you lib. As you know, I just came home from the U.K.
I have a job. I can retire now but I have a good job lib - and a pertfolio you would not comprehend garbage man. Sorry lib.
I'll try to post to you from the Caribean next week.
Cheers.
Another lying POS added to the list.
Red Lobster

Palm Coast, FL

#1139373 May 20, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny old Waxturd shows up and so does about five of his socks.. What a dumbazz.
Yes, I agree that you are. Now please do something about yourself.
Angela

Palm Coast, FL

#1139374 May 20, 2014
Patrick wrote:
Just about everyone calls the Affordable Care Act "Obamacare" — even the White House. But is President Obama returning to his old stance that the health-care law should not have his name attached to it?
At a fundraiser in Potomac, Md., Monday night, Obama backed off the term that his administration shunned, and then embraced.
"First of all, in five years it will no longer be called Obamacare, because when something is working, they’re definitely not going to — there will be a whole renaming process similar to National.(Laughter.) I don’t know if it will be “Reagancare,” but it will definitely be — it will be something different," Obama told the crowd.
(For those of you outside the Washington area, Obama was referring to Washington National Airport, which was renamed Reagan National Airport in 1998).
Maybe they'll just call it what it really is... "Lie of the Year" --- Just Sayin'
Angela

Palm Coast, FL

#1139375 May 20, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Jean
Lilly is still here
-Angela
No, she isn't. She's still sprawled out on the Happy Hour floor.
-Patrick
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Palm Coast, FL

#1139376 May 20, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
Stalking, lurking, judging, skulking, another day in the life of NOT SURPRIZED, Topix' premier troll.
NOT SURPRIZED'S TROLLING SOCKPUPPET CARNIVAL BORING EVERYONE TO DEATH SHITSHOW!
NOT SURPRIZED topix troll clusterfvck.
Same troll-multiple id's==''NOT SURPRIZED''..Delusional army of one!
Not Surprized! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr ThomasA 310,986
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr Zeke the Pinhead 20,201
Juvenile facility (Montrose School or others) i... (Aug '06) 23 hr John 393
transgender happy meals May 1 bozo 1
News Cullen's assets leave the flock aflutter (Sep '08) Apr 30 Hannahsangel 498
News Obama, Edwards lead charge against Clinton in d... (Sep '07) Apr 30 Marriage trafficking 19
News What the Black Lives Matter campaign gets wrong (Aug '15) Apr 29 INFIDEL 42
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages