Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1728891 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1099473 Mar 18, 2014
So all of the big government liberals on here now understand the implications of those 14 "hardship" exemptions in Obamacare, right?

March. 13 (UPI)-- The Department of Health and Human Services released a seven page bulletin Wednesday announcing the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services' decision to extend the transitional policy of the Affordable Care Act by two years, to Oct. 1, 2016.

Effectively, this makes the individual mandate -- the requirement that all individuals purchase insurance by the end of March or face a tax penalty -- considered by many to be the backbone of the Affordable Care Act, an option one can opt out of rather than a requirement.

The transitional policy allows for hardship exemption from the tax penalty if an individual canít afford to sign up for coverage.

This is the "death knell" for Obamacare. The mandate was the core of what we know now is just a farce.

Andrews, IN

#1099474 Mar 18, 2014
Jeebuss wrote:
People don't care. They just wanted a black president. Period.
You're right, they have no one to blame but themselves when taxes skyrocket and the military becomes downsized, leaving us vulnerable to attacks.
They are actually happy that they have put this country in danger.
A lot of time has passed and taxes actually went down for the middle and lower income groups.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1099475 Mar 18, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
No, dummy, i went to the wrong source and corrected it, see above and try to refute it.
ANYONE can claim hardship and millions and millions will.
Bull. You said "forget it" because you were W R O N G.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1099476 Mar 18, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
The founders were classical liberals. Progressivism, or big government, came about at the turn of the 20th century.
t hat was just out of the necessity to control such a complex society that we had developed. a banking and market system that would not self regulate. an industrial revolution that changed the face of our world... all things that could not be foreseen by our founding fathers..

it wasn't big gov't it was necessary govt.
Nostrilis Waxman

Prospect, CT

#1099477 Mar 18, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Where is the compassion.....
Liberals, pot...and killing granny who is on oxygen when she moves into a former indoor pot grow house....
elevated mold and fungus levels....high C02 levels
'...Since these operations may go undetected, an unsuspecting family buying the residence at a later date may be put at risk of adverse health effects due to residual mold contamination...'
D...u...m.. m..y... 50% relative humidity (the word you left out) is the bare minimum you want in an occupied space. In this case, just like in the case of your overall IQ, 0% is not a good thing.

Here, let me help you: mold growth is everywhere all the time. It's in everything. It's everywhere. ALL the time. Like genitals, it might not be seen, but it can easily be smelled if you know what you're sniffing for. No grower wants OVERTLY moldy pot and if her customers suspected that that was what they were getting, she'd be out of business... instantly. Here's why: if you grow moldy pot it looks and smells moldy. Duh.

Let's say you were to die right this instant. The molds and bacterium in your body would begin to rot you from the inside and out...INSTANTLY! What about that, huh? YOU ARE A CARRIER!

Life is a dirty business. You might have noticed that shit you took in McDonald's this morning on the seat spotted with fecal matter and urine? If not, take a look at it when you drop back for lunch. When's the last time you decontaminated the TV remote? When's the last time you wiped the door handle of your Corinthian leather appointed mercedes? Never? what about that time your overweight kid wiped his ass with his hand and then opened the door and poured himself in? What about your keyboard right now? No mold on there... SURELY!

The human organism has evolved to protect itself in various ways from all these common assailants. If anthrax were everywhere, it would evolve to deal with that too.... Huh? It IS everywhere? Well, go figger!

You are not "clean" because you occasionally wash your hand with anti-bacterial soap, dummy. In fact, you're LESS clean, You're forcing the bacteria - which is what we all are - to EVOLVE to survive! Congratulations! Each time you wipe down the toilet seat with Clorox you are, in fact, hastening your own demise.

That's the problem when dogs aspire to be Gods.

If man was indeed created in God's image, then heaven is a dirty place indeed.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1099478 Mar 18, 2014
Pot is good for you!.....

indoor grow facilities!!!!

"We entered a total of 30 indoor marijuana grow operations (IMGO) with law enforcement investigators in order to determine potential exposures to first responders....

A total of 407 fungal spore samples were taken using both slit impactor plates and 400-hole impactors. Both methods identified elevated fungal spore levels, especially during the removal of plants from some of the IMGOs. After plant removal, spore counts increased to levels above 50,000 spores/m(3) with one sample over 500,000 spores/m(3). "

Bring your respirator...

'We concluded that the potential increase in fungal spore concentrations associated with the investigation and especially removal of the marijuana plants could potentially expose responders to levels of exposure consistent with those associated with mold remediation processes and that respiratory protection is advisable.'

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1099479 Mar 18, 2014
Nostrilis Waxpoopy wrote:
The poor fighting the poor. It's what the jews count upon. Nostrilis is a peasant but he doesn't want to be.... he wants to be a man... a RICH man... a successful man. He deals with this obvious disparity by DESCRIBING himself in a chat room as a man.... a man like he imagines he WOULD be if circumstances had simply favored his transition from the lesser creature he actually is... Sadly, his imagination is flawed, demonstrably so I would posit. I smell DEATH in the air... it's a good smell... it's a good time.
Let me try and be axiomatic: If you're on Topix or any other waste of space on the internet and you describe yourself as rich and happy... that means you're poor, and weak, and unhappy. I say it is so. The reason I say it is so is because I have gone to each of these places where the "Topix" "rich" reside and in NO instance has a single one of them managed to even show up for the fight.
republicans are cowards. They are the angry poor. Nothing more. I LOVE it! You are soon to be... wait... I think Colonial gravestones said it better than I ever could...
"Reader behold as you pass by, as you are now, so once was I, as I am now soon you must be, prepare for DEATH, and follow me...."
Prepare, crackers, you might have noticed your current celebrity ends in the dirt, no matter how you may try...
Worthless you begin... and worthless you exit. Enjoy your car.
I think you hit the nail on the head. They do seem to be poor, and weak, and unhappy. That's the only reason I can think of why they are solely concerned with their own personal profit and pleasure. If they were content, the almighty dollar would be secondary to making the world a better place.

Honolulu, HI

#1099480 Mar 18, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's say this again.
"...The intelligence we were receiving from France, Germany and Russia was the same intelligence we were receiving when Clinton was President, which is why the UN sanctions against Saddam Hussein remained in place...."
That's how Bill Clinton kept pressure on the UN to keep the 18 UN Resolutions active and the sanctions in place, that existed when Bush took office.
A review.
Saddam Hussein was stealing the money from the UN's oil-for-food scam that had been allowed because of the sanctions applied to Saddam Hussein because of the 18 UN Resolutions against Saddam Hussien, from which he was paying French, German and Russian contractors to rebuild his war machine.
Bush busted that shit up, didn't he?
Mission accomplished.
Son, you can 'claim' whatever you want... just so long as you don't call it a fact.

Your ORIGINAL point was Saddam had wmd's.

Now that you've been exposed to be an idiot and a liar AGAIN, you're trying to change the point.

Focus, debit writer, focus!
Nostrilis Waxman

Prospect, CT

#1099481 Mar 18, 2014
Just try not to shit ON the toilet seat or floor, and.. oh! Stop pissing on your hands.(Train the men in your circle to SIT DOWN to pee. It solves two problems instantly!) Hey, here's a thought: When a guy with a 12" weiner sits down to take a crap, where does the last 6" go? Think about it.
Nostrilis Waxman

Prospect, CT

#1099482 Mar 18, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull. You said "forget it" because you were W R O N G.
Are you stalking me?
Nostrilis Waxman

Prospect, CT

#1099483 Mar 18, 2014
Because if you are, I'm ok with it... (currently I smell like dark Irish beer, be forewarned.)

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1099484 Mar 18, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>we do not want rule by referendum at the federal level...the capricious nature of public sentiments is not the way to run anything, let alone a gov't .
even at the state level, look at what making referendums easy for the public to initiate has done to California!
there are very good reasons we do not have a mob rule form of governance.
Not wanting referendum at the federal level is exactly right. That's why the fed should stay out of people issues and stick with national issues. The 9th and 10th amendments left that to the states or the people.

If you're referring to the gay marriage thing in California, a minority is protected from majority oppression. I think that is spelled out in Article III, the fed court hearing cases against the state by a citizen. A state can't violate rights.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1099485 Mar 18, 2014
Pot after the elections are over....they got what they wanted yet still complain....

"Workers at stateís largest marijuana company cry foul over alleged mistreatment, use of illness-causing pesticides"

Honolulu, HI

#1099486 Mar 18, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Ignorant Liberals...
Potheads are not clean...they hate the environment....
'In 2013, California authorities seized 329 outdoor grow sites and hauled away:
119,000 pounds of trash
17,000 pounds of fertilizer
40 gallons of pesticide
244 propane tanks
61 car batteries
89 illegal dams
81 miles of irrigation piping'
Mother Jones
Is that why you haul via mules now? Smaller loses?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1099487 Mar 18, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>SEAL Team Six, the group that successfully took out Osama bin Laden in May 2011, is perhaps the best known SEAL team. However, this may also be the reason why many members of that SEAL team are now dead. Their identities became known around the world when Vice President Joe Biden publicly identified them just two days after the raid.
But the over 5,000 that Bush -Cheney sacrificed aren't really that important to your two faced hypocrisy . Face it you morons on the right are desperately looking for any and everything to blame and bitch about, even if it means lying like hell. Yet you pretend to be good Americans. If you idiots had spent half as much time working with as opposed to against Obama we would be a lot further along in repairing the damage that you caused after eight years of neglect, shoddy, inept and inadequate leadership.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1099488 Mar 18, 2014
This is really a big deal.

Remember...the White House argued the individual mandate to buy insurance was indispensable to the law's success and Obama continued to say he'd veto the bills that would delay or repeal it.

But now the WH is silently gutting it.

According to HHS, only 940,000 people signed up for a plan in February bringing the total to about 4.2 million, well below the original 5.7 million projection. The "surge" of young people isn't materializing and enrollment decelerated in February.

And with so many executive waivers and delays, ObamaCare is almost unrecognizable - even to Nancy "Surprise" Pelosi.

It's really all over, folks. Instead of going out with a loud bang, it's just dying a slow silent death.

But how they go about fixing the damage that's already been done is anyone's guess. The insurance companies are going to want to be compensated after having been forced to provide unaffordable coverage, and Obama did promise to bail them out at our expense.
Nostrilis Waxman

Prospect, CT

#1099489 Mar 18, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Am I correct in gathering that you've married wife number four? How utterly charming.
Oh, no... don't go there... If you would only accept my longstanding proposal you would discover how truly devoted, loving, and charming I am. You would feel loved and cherished for the few years I have left and I'm not overly jealous though I have been known to toss a suitor or two through a plate glass window when I'm drinking. I've never hit a woman, except in class, and they gave me permission to do that. The REALLY good news is you'd get my stuff and still have time to play - so to speak.

The mistakes that led to the demise of the... um... three relationships before you and me were myriad, and I accept responsibility. As my eyesight fades, however, beautiful red curls and perfectly turned ankles are less of a concern for my intendeds.

(I realize I'm not actually selling myself very well here, but, truth be told, I love you... and you know it... and you know who and what I am because I told you the truth right up front. If you don't try and change me, you can just lay back and close your eyes while I eat you up starting from your toes, and pausing for extended periods... you already know how I feel about those... over your midsection for orientation purposes and to make sure you're not a chinee spy.) I hate basketball, football, and baseball. On the other hand, I love to shop for your shoes as long as I get to try them on you...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1099490 Mar 18, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I hope one of them gets your miserable azz.. SOON. Damn what a moron.
I guess that answers this question:

Why is Obama bringing hundreds, maybe thousands of Islamist terrorists into the United States? Do you think they're coming here to go to Disneyland?
What's the plan?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1099491 Mar 18, 2014
Al GORE>...paging AL GORE>....

carbon foot prints.....

1 percent of all electritcity genertated in the USA is for indoor pot growing...or $6billion....

One kilogram of pot produced is associated with 4600 kg of carbon dioxide emissions...

Oh boy!
Gotta have lamps for your pot....
"Driving the large energy requirements of indoor production
facilities are lighting levels matching those found in hospital
operating rooms (500-times greater than recommended for read-

Mills, E.(2012).'The Carbon Footprint of Indoor Cannabis Production'.
Energy Policy 46 (2012) 58-67

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1099492 Mar 18, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
America is doomed if some don't get a CLUE sooner, rather than later...and get some actual leadership ...
FOR America, rather divide, drain and WHINE (like little grubbermint hands held out beggar beotches) against it!!
CHRISTIE/RYAN/PAUL/Uncle Joe et al 2016!
I sincerely hope the Republican party does run Christie, Ryan or Paul in 2016. Please, Please! Make it happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min cpeter1313 334,137
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr The Patriot 21,490
Mace Electric's Dick Colon raped an 11-year-old... (Jun '13) Mar 13 Vladtheimpaler 88
Mayor Pugh Mar 11 Fitius T Bluster 2
It's time to hunt Grizzly Bears Mar 10 Aquarius-WY 1
Anyone Know Sara Swirls? Mar 7 fan 1
The Republican Mar 6 Trump Supporter 1

Baltimore Jobs

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages