Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232043 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1065462 Jan 20, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
....Wack
Snooping on Americans full speed ahead...
....Benghazi Justice will have to wait...
"The U.S. military cannot hunt down and kill people responsible for the deadly 2012 attack on an American compound in Benghazi, Libya, as long as the terrorists are not officially deemed members or affiliates of al Qaeda, newly declassified transcripts from congressional hearings show."
http://pjmedia.com/richardfernandez/2014/01/1...
good thing the CIA has drones too...
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1065463 Jan 20, 2014
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
So go shoot your gun off on front of the White House you moron. Good riddance
Lily advocates violence when intoxicated, which is 24/7
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1065464 Jan 20, 2014
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Justin Bieber said GFY
Lily also spreads lies about Justin Bieber, part of her inebriated fantasies, similar to those she has of Barack Hussein Obama.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1065465 Jan 20, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot. If the same creative bookkeeping was used to project Obama's economy, we'd be 25 years getting through his "recovery".
The same bookkeeping is done by the CBO.

We did not have a budget deficit ion 1999 or 2000. We had budget surpluses.

They also projected that we would be getting larger & larger budget surpluses & could pay down the debt.

Now, these be facts.

You can whine & cry & stomp your feet all you want. These are facts.

Another fact is George W Bush aid we should not use these projected surpluses to pay down the debt but rather he campaigned on giving it back.( I guess you are calling Bush a liar for saying we had a surplus.

George W Bush & the Republicans in Congress like Boehner, McConnell, Cantor & Ryan voted to take us off that path of balanced budgets & onto the path of deficits & debt.

Your heroes.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1065466 Jan 20, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
More CRA excuses from the dumbass right.
How many of you whiners that cry " OMG OMG my policy was cancelled" were offered other coverage like many are every year.
What would you know? You get your coverage through your employer & just like your salary, is subsidized by my tax dollars.
I find it funnier than sh*t that a subsidy receiver like you has a tizzy fit because someone else might get a subsidy even though they actually need it.
Good morning thread idiot.

I don't think anyone here is against providing subsidies for the poor for health care. My state already did it before Obamacare (Husky plan).

What people object to is Democrats basically taking over 1/6th of the U.S. economy and turning the entire system upside down.

80-85% of people were happy with what they had, so what did you Moonbats do? Overreached as usual.

Our salaries & health care through employers are "NOT" subsidies you idiot!

It's called a compensation package. Taxpayers do "NOT" pay for that, customers of the products do.

You are a complete dingbat!

Chambersburg, PA

#1065467 Jan 20, 2014
TheKingIam wrote:
So... Obama is one of the worst presidents ever
no surprise there
Try harder, it isn't working

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1065469 Jan 20, 2014
I apologize for driving DBWriter out of here by rubbing the teabagger Christie controversy in his face.
You can run but you can't hide DB.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1065471 Jan 20, 2014
The nation paused to remember Martin Luther King Jr. Monday with parades, marches and service projects.

King was born Jan. 15, 1929, and the federal holiday is the third Monday in January.

In Atlanta, a service was planned at Ebenezer Baptist Church, where King was pastor. In Memphis, Tenn., where King was assassinated, an audio recording of an interview with King would be played at the National Civil Rights Museum. The recording sheds new light on a phone call President John F. Kennedy made to King's wife more than 50 years ago.

Historians generally agree Kennedy's phone call to Coretta Scott King expressing concern over her husband's arrest in October 1960 — and Robert Kennedy's work behind the scenes to get King released — helped JFK win the White House.

In Ann Arbor, Mich., activist and entertainer Harry Belafonte planned to deliver the keynote address for the 28th annual Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. Symposium on Monday morning at the University of Michigan's Hill Auditorium.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/parades-mar...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1065472 Jan 20, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well how did that work out during the Vietnam war when the government ordered troops to fire on protesters. Who was in power then , well none other than Republicans of course.
http://www.ohiohistorycentral.org/w/Vietnam_W...
The Vietnam protests were nation wide, the tide was overwhelming yet the government and the military were as one against the PEOPLE!
These people were NOT protesting against the war because our soldiers were being killed, they were protesting against the war because the United States was stopping communism. The communists were the people they wanted in power, you need to sit down with William Ayers and Bernadine Dorn. Ayers openly proclaims that he is communist-and was a great friend of Barack Hussein O'bama.

Prevented this

#1065473 Jan 20, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course O'bama care isn't working: The Obama administration plans to delay enforcement of yet another Obamacare provision, according to a New York Times report.

This line in the law would ban employers from discriminating “in favor of highly compensated individuals” when it comes to health insurance eligibility or benefits. Effectively, the provision prevents employers from providing their top executives cushy health benefits while low-level employees are given less optimal health insurance options.

The IRS will not enforce the provision in 2014 because they simply haven’t yet gotten around to actually writing the regulations that employers must follow, even though the Affordable Care Act was signed into law almost four years ago.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/19/will-it-eve...

When will it ever stop dumb dave? oh oh oh I know, when the stinking law is repealed.
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel

Oswego, IL

#1065474 Jan 20, 2014
RealDave and his minions live in the fictional world much like bo's fictional son, Trayvon! Liberalism is like winning the lottery......its fun to think about but will never happen. Reality and facts get in the way!

Chambersburg, PA

#1065475 Jan 20, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning thread idiot.
I don't think anyone here is against providing subsidies for the poor for health care. My state already did it before Obamacare (Husky plan).
What people object to is Democrats basically taking over 1/6th of the U.S. economy and turning the entire system upside down.
80-85% of people were happy with what they had, so what did you Moonbats do? Overreached as usual.
Our salaries & health care through employers are "NOT" subsidies you idiot!
It's called a compensation package. Taxpayers do "NOT" pay for that, customers of the products do.
You are a complete dingbat!
People buying policies from private insurance companies to get care at private institutions from private doctors is taking over the medical industry???

I was talking to Dumbwaiter who works for an oilfield company & my subsidy comments were directed at him. Unless you work in the oilfield industry too.

If your company receives subsidies, then yes part of your compensation package is subsidized too.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1065476 Jan 20, 2014
TheKingIam wrote:
So... Obama is one of the worst presidents ever
no surprise there
Absolutely correct. He's already lower that Bush for approval at the same time in his presidency. Only a moron like DumbDave would not get it.

Prevented this

#1065477 Jan 20, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
More CRA excuses from the dumbass right.
How many of you whiners that cry " OMG OMG my policy was cancelled" were offered other coverage like many are every year.
What would you know? You get your coverage through your employer & just like your salary, is subsidized by my tax dollars.
I find it funnier than sh*t that a subsidy receiver like you has a tizzy fit because someone else might get a subsidy even though they actually need it.
IT's funny how Bill Clinton got you all hooked on 'sick care' and now you grovel in the gutter for insurance. Since when did insurance have anything to do with health?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1065478 Jan 20, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>IT's funny how Bill Clinton got you all hooked on 'sick care' and now you grovel in the gutter for insurance. Since when did insurance have anything to do with health?
Since people without insurance that can't afford treatment for medical problems that grow worse without proper care. That has a lot to do with their health. Should be obvious to anyone with at least a third grade education.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1065479 Jan 20, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
People buying policies from private insurance companies to get care at private institutions from private doctors is taking over the medical industry???
I was talking to Dumbwaiter who works for an oilfield company & my subsidy comments were directed at him. Unless you work in the oilfield industry too.
If your company receives subsidies, then yes part of your compensation package is subsidized too.
You said: "People buying policies from private insurance companies to get care at private institutions from private doctors is taking over the medical industry???"

Correction: People being "forced" by Democrats or penalized by the IRS. People being told what they have to buy.

Your comments were wrong and beyond ridiculous, as usual, thread idiot.

I see you are trying the weasel routine again.

Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1065480 Jan 20, 2014
"Obamacare enrollment numbers a disaster"

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/opinion/letter... #

Obama the liar of the tear, claims 2.2 million people signed up.

Over 5 million just lost their coverage.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1065481 Jan 20, 2014
It’s official: Obamacare debuts with more canceled plans than enrollments

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/01/its-officia...

Thread idiots like DumbDave are pleased.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1065483 Jan 20, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The same bookkeeping is done by the CBO.
We did not have a budget deficit ion 1999 or 2000. We had budget surpluses.
They also projected that we would be getting larger & larger budget surpluses & could pay down the debt.
Now, these be facts.
You can whine & cry & stomp your feet all you want. These are facts.
Another fact is George W Bush aid we should not use these projected surpluses to pay down the debt but rather he campaigned on giving it back.( I guess you are calling Bush a liar for saying we had a surplus.
George W Bush & the Republicans in Congress like Boehner, McConnell, Cantor & Ryan voted to take us off that path of balanced budgets & onto the path of deficits & debt.
Your heroes.
If you expected the boom to go on forever, then you don't have much hope for Obama's economy. When projections paint a rosy picture, you ride them as far as you can. When projections look like shit, you want nothing to do with them.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1065484 Jan 20, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Since people without insurance that can't afford treatment for medical problems that grow worse without proper care. That has a lot to do with their health. Should be obvious to anyone with at least a third grade education.
That would be you! I'm surprised you made it to third grade, name stealing sock puppet!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Brian_G 309,852
News It seems 'every day is Katrina' for Baltimore n... 4 hr Okay 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr TOASTER 19,919
Mace Electric's Dick Colon raped an 11-year-old... (Jun '13) 6 hr Petrolith 36
Capital sex offender free in Baltimore. 6 hr Sayyid Qutb 11
News A mom, a disabled son and a home that blazed am... 6 hr Cassie 1
News Under Armour apologizes for 'Band of Ballers' s... 6 hr Cassie 1
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]