Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1420231 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#940922 Jul 9, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, ha, tis your creepy cowardly fat azz that has been outed..I have proven to those in the know about my service to my country, I also have outed a number of the right wing phonys pretending on here. Let me know anytime you care to indulge in a military conversation. You will hide behind your "I don't talk about my service" Yea and there is a good reason...You are a proven draft dodger and coward, along with a history of belittling service men and women. Whiney azzed LOWLIFE.
Name, rank, and serial number, otherwise you have nothing.

Your and fellow draft dodger Realtime can Google anything to sound like an expert.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#940923 Jul 9, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike morans like yourself I'm sure the good folks at the NSA recognize satire.
I doubt if they recognize satire at all. Seems to me you are a loose cannon looking to shoot someone. You know if you see it report it? that's what democrats said to do.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#940924 Jul 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So why did Obama call for Mubarak, Gaddafi, and Assad to step aside?
Why not? Presidents say stuff like that. It's like when Reagan said tear down this wall and then a couple years later due to their internal collapse they did, and everyone congratulated Reagan.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#940925 Jul 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Bush have any evidence that would have allowed him to detain them?
Unlike Obama, one cannot make up the rules as you go along.
So you would have let them go? Not even detain them for a few minutes for questioning? Come on JG even you cannot defend Bush on this one.

Prevented this

#940926 Jul 9, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Michelle Obama is a single mother?
Another racist tea turd.
She said she was:“Believe me, as a busy single mother– or, I shouldn’t say single, as a busy mother.

Mrs. Obama told Vermont CBS affiliate WCAX.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#940927 Jul 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...who should have been fired/discharged based on previous threats.
More proof that you have never served...You fat liar...No ex-military would ever say that another military man should have been fired....all would have said court martialed and dishonorable discharged. BUSTED.AGAIN.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#940928 Jul 9, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
More stupid from the master...I'm betting that most men in their 30s can whip most 17 year olds.
Homer is 50 and can stare down most 17 years old into tears.

Prevented this

#940929 Jul 9, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF!
Proof Republicans are against women: Over 1,000 bills in red states, here are some:
Republicans in the House proposed a bill (HR 1179) called “Respect for Rights of Conscience Act of 2011.” The bill, introduced by Jeff Fortenberry (R-Neb), allows health care providers and pharmacists to deny birth control to women if it conflicts with their religious or moral convictions.
In Texas, Rep. George Lavender, R-Texarkana, has proposed a bill (House Bill 2988) that would prevent any abortion except in cases of rape, incest or the life of the mother.
In Georgia, a bill, the “Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act”(SB 209) sponsored by Sen. Barry Loudermilk, R-Cassville, would close all abortion clinics in the state and require abortions to be performed in hospitals. This bill was tabled by the rules committee on March 11, 2011.
South Dakota wants to require “spiritual” counseling (House Bill 1217) at religious centers before allowing an abortion to take place. The bill was signed into law in March 2011 and challenged in court by Planned Parenthood and the ACLU in May. We still haven’t heard what the courts will decide in this case (though a federal judge has suspended most of the law in the interim) and Republicans aren’t waiting to find out. The South Dakota House of Representatives approved a bill on February 13 sponsored by Rep. Roger Hunt, R-Brandon that changes counseling requirements. Women seeking abortions will still have to wait 72 hours and endure spiritual counseling but now requires those counselors be licensed. The consulting doctor will now have to decide if it is likely the woman will develop mental health problems as a result of the abortion. As a side note, in both 2006 and 2008 voters rejected attempts to outlaw most abortions.
Also in South Dakota, H.B. 1166, which was enacted in 2005, was, says RHRealityCheck.org , billed as an “informed consent law,” but what it really mandated was misinformation, requiring doctors “to tell a woman seeking an abortion that she faces an ‘increased risk of suicide ideation and suicide,’ a claim for which there is absolutely no scientific or medical evidence.” On September 2, 2011,“Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals threw out important provisions of a South Dakota law that literally forced doctors to lie to their patients.”
The Texas State House of Representatives has passed the Sonogram Bill (HB 15), a measure requiring women to get a sonogram before ending a pregnancy, forcing even victims of rape to have a sonogram at least 24 hours before the procedure. Gov. Rick Perry has signed the bill into law, which takes effect September 1, 2011. There are exceptions in cases of rape and incest. As Planned Parenthood reports:“While a woman can opt-out of seeing the sonogram image and hearing the heart tone, she cannot opt-out of a medically unnecessary sonogram, nor can she opt-out of the fetal description except within very narrow parameters for situations of rape, incest, judicial bypasses, and fetal anomalies.”
Also from Texas, the passage of SB 257, passed by House and Senate on May 5, 2011 and signed by the governor on May 17, 2011 provides for “Choose Life” license plates. The “Alternative to Abortion” program currently receives $4 million dollars a year in taxpayer money through the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) that is distributed to CPCs. CPC are unregulated anti-choice organizations that do not provide any medical services and are known to spend nearly half of the tax dollars they receive on advertising and administrative costs, not client services.”
Georgia State Representative Bobby Franklin has introduced a bill that would not only make abortion illegal but would make miscarriages illegal.
Indiana (House Bill 1210) wants to force doctors to lie to women about abortion causing breast cancer despite medical evidence to the contrary.
My entire body is my business-F!ck O'bamacare.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#940930 Jul 9, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the transcript ahole
http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/326700...
another exactly the same
Dispatcher:
Sanford police department, line is being recorded. This is Sean.
Zimmerman:
Hey, we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there's a real suspicious guy. It's Retreat View Circle. The best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he's up to no good or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around looking about.
Dispatcher:
This guy, is he white, black or Hispanic?
Zimmerman:
He looks black.
Dispatcher:
Are you following him?
Zimmerman:
Yeah.
Dispatcher:
OK, we don't need you to do that.
Zimmerman:
OK.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/...
http://www.examiner.com/article/george-zimmer...
Once again,Nobraina, you are WRONG!
1. Is "Sean" a sworn police officer? He/she certainly did not identify himself/herself as same.

2. Sean said "we don't need you to do that", as Galt said.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#940931 Jul 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You dumbass. Who the f*k made you a medical expert?
A real medical expert testified that the injuries were not life threatening at all & serious doubted Zimmerman's story.
And a lawyer says that Zimmerman is guilty while another lawyer says he's innocent but I'm not a lawyer so I should just stay out of this, right?

You're as dumb as an Afghanistan rock, ImaginaryDave. Don't let me hear you complaining about military tactics, politics, Obamakare or just about anything else, Idiot, because you are not a military expert, political expert or an insurance expert.

You're an expert doofus, though and could be sold Fairy Dust as long as the salesman was an Expert Fairy Dust Handler.

Lapeer, MI

#940933 Jul 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
" OMG OMG OMG Graffiti!!! OMG OMG OMG"
You people are just plain dumber than sh*t.
Having a meltdown, eh?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#940934 Jul 9, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt losing respect????? Galt is the forum joke.. Galt has no clue as to how professional people talk..."We don't need you to do that" is the professional way.. He is a perminate state of misguided anger and cluelessness.
The fact is that imprecise "cop-talk" like that is the wrong approach, no substitute for a direct statement.

"Professional", perhaps, but also stupid.

Prevented this

#940936 Jul 9, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you insist on spieling lies about our American President? Do you hate American government that much?
I hate liars like you and O'bama:
Obama’s Speech to the United Nations General Assembly — Text
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/26/world/obama...

That is what we saw play out in the last two weeks, as a crude and disgusting video sparked outrage throughout the Muslim world. Now, I have made it clear that the United States government had nothing to do with this video, and I believe its message must be rejected by all who respect our common humanity.

It is an insult not only to Muslims, but to America as well -- for as the city outside these walls makes clear, we are a country that has welcomed people of every race and every faith. We are home to Muslims who worship across our country. We not only respect the freedom of religion, we have laws that protect individuals from being harmed because of how they look or what they believe. We understand why people take offense to this video because millions of our citizens are among them.

I know there are some who ask why we don’t just ban such a video. And the answer is enshrined in our laws: Our Constitution protects the right to practice free speech.

P.S. If you can read. Even O'bama laughs at you idiots for believing his lies.

Lapeer, MI

#940937 Jul 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
A broken nose? OMG OMG
Zimmerman got hit for stalking Trayvon.
The rest is Zimmerman fabrication.
An expert said the the woulds did not indicate this pounding on the sidewalk.
No Trayvon DNA/prints on Zimmerman's gun.
No what?
If a jury at a murder trial consisted of DumbDaves, the defendant would just as well go shoot themselves.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#940938 Jul 9, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>When are you chickenhawks gonna learn it's not our concern to butt into everyone's business.
Tell that to obama. He even butts into local police matters.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#940939 Jul 9, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
More stupid from the master...I'm betting that most men in their 30s can whip most 17 year olds.
Absolutely. That's why the maximum enlistment age for active duty US Marines is 28.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#940940 Jul 9, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer is 50 and can stare down most 17 years old into tears.
I'm a believer Homer.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#940941 Jul 9, 2013
<quoted text>As the hometown Ohio girl Chissie Hynde of 'The Pretenders' has shown,'there's a thin line between love and hate'. You really need to listen to more American Rock&Roll.
The u.s. and Pakistan aren't dating, emoron.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#940942 Jul 9, 2013
<quoted text>And I thank the Lord Almighty that Congress finally came to its senses and ended a Vietnam War that we could never win by ending the funding for that war! The U S Congress has the legitimate power and authority to end wars anytime they want by just voting to cut the spending for wars. So, why do they so often force the U S President to continue war making long after the war ought to have been over?
The dems had complete power for 2 years yet the wars continued.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#940943 Jul 9, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>My entire body is my business-F!ck O'bamacare.
All four foot 300 pounds huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 31 min Blue November 311,629
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! 9 hr Dusttinn 2
Cant find no h 9 hr Dusttinn 1
News Stateville gets new lease on life as Pontiac pr... (May '08) Sun Satellite 55
News Belmont: The Bronx 's true Little Italy - (Aug '07) Sat I dont know 104
News The Collapse of the Freddie Gray Case Leaves an... Aug 27 Bloodonhishands 8
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Aug 27 Hipocrit 20,505

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages