Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1225061 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#940407 Jul 8, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
United States President Barack Obama has signed a bill into law that was written in part by the very billion-dollar corporation that will benefit directly from the legislation.

On Tuesday, Pres. Obama inked his name to H.R. 933, a continuing resolution spending bill approved in Congress days earlier. Buried 78 pages within the bill exists a provision that grossly protects biotech corporations such as the Missouri-based Monsanto Company from litigation.

With the president’s signature, agriculture giants that deal with genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and genetically engineered (GE) seeds are given the go-ahead to continue to plant and sell man-made crops, even as questions remain largely unanswered about the health risks these types of products pose to consumers.

....If the president’s signature isn’t all that surprising, though, consider the genesis of the bill itself. According to an article published Monday in the New York Daily News, US Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Missouri)“worked with Monsanto to craft the language in the bill.”

http://rt.com/usa/monsanto-bill-blunt-agricul...

i can't for the life of me figure out why Republicans get mad when Obama signs on to one of their pet projects.
Stupid Liberals get mad a the party of personal freedom when their incompetent teleprompter signs such bills!!!

How stupid can a Liberal be to blame Obama's incompetence on the Republicans!!!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#940409 Jul 8, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
So? Does that give Zimmerman the right to murder him? Zimmerman was on Xanax and Prozac.
If only Zimmerman had waited in his car when the police said they'd meet him at that designated place.

If only Trayvon had kept walking home.

Enough if's and you could put Paris in a bottle.

Did Trayvon have the right to approach Zimmerman waiting outside his car for the police to arrive and start beating him?

This was a tragic unfolding of events that led to a young man's death. But the liberal media made this a racially charged case deliberately. And now they are responsible for any backlash.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Yellowknife NT

#940410 Jul 8, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Which?
The one and only.
Tonto 2

Toronto, Canada

#940411 Jul 8, 2013
Tonto bring his mom along to say, "welcome home carol." He have to move her lips to say it but try and visualize it... Tonto keep her cold but after 6 weeks she pretty rotten...

Orlando, FL

#940412 Jul 8, 2013
Tonto 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Tonto figure if you stupid enough to light candles to heat your townhouse in Florida in July he might be able to convince you he Johnny Depp.
It heapum' hot in Florida. Need heapum' cool air. Cost heapum' money. Candles heapum' cheaper. Make light. Not make hotter.

Tonto heapum' cuckoo.
Tonto 2

Toronto, Canada

#940413 Jul 8, 2013
Tonto spread carol's withered legs and plunge entire quiver into gaping hole in middle... very unsatisfactory, but... smelly... remind Tonto of last buffalo hunt... whites go to war with buffalo... won that one too apparently...

Orlando, FL

#940414 Jul 8, 2013
Tonto 2 wrote:
Tonto bring his mom along to say, "welcome home carol." He have to move her lips to say it but try and visualize it... Tonto keep her cold but after 6 weeks she pretty rotten...
Driving Tonto crazy can't steal identity.

Makes squaw laugh heapum hard.
Tonto 2

Toronto, Canada

#940415 Jul 8, 2013
Tonto suggest whites soak heads in Kerosene and lay on strips of burning newspaper every time need to go to bathroom. Remember to soak head before getting back into bed... in the several bedrooms you apparently use every night.

Orlando, FL

#940416 Jul 8, 2013
Obama is too cool for school...and the presidency.

I like that. So true.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#940417 Jul 8, 2013
Tonto 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Screw Pakistan, EVERYBODY hates the US. YOU'RE STUPID! Is there some question about this? If you had son who constantly pissed in everyone's porridge what you gonna do? Make him your hero? Duh.
Lily's boyfriend was supposed to change all that.

Location hidden

#940418 Jul 8, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid Liberals get mad a the party of personal freedom when their incompetent teleprompter signs such bills!!!
You need a proofreader that has had at least a 6th grade education. First of all your premise that Obama is incompetent requires that one has been spoon fed right wing propaganda rather than factual information. Second, calling the Republican party the party of personal freedom ignores their assault on women's bodies.
Tonto 2

Toronto, Canada

#940419 Jul 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It heapum' hot in Florida. Need heapum' cool air. Cost heapum' money. Candles heapum' cheaper. Make light. Not make hotter.
Tonto heapum' cuckoo.
Oh, um, sure... it heapum hot everywhere, white eyes. You not see increased candle sales in Texas do you? Why you think that is? Floridians wiser than Texans? Pretty low bar... By white woman's logic Arizonians now enjoying benefits of free light 24 hours a day.

Orlando, FL

#940420 Jul 8, 2013
<quoted text>
That's not a war with Pakistan. Are you against the drone program?
I'm all for going after an enemy who is hell bent on destroying this country and western civilization in an effort to bring us all down to their stone age level.

Just like I was with Bush, I still am with Obama.

It's the hypocrisy on your part and the lack of convictions by this president that makes me nauseous.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#940421 Jul 8, 2013
<quoted text>
You love Pakistan? Go there
Lol...but, but your messiah is loved all over the world, remember? Oh wait, you're a lush, you don't remember this morning.
Tonto 2

Toronto, Canada

#940422 Jul 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Driving Tonto crazy can't steal identity.
Makes squaw laugh heapum hard.
Fair enough. On other hand Tonto not work too hard to imitate cracker describe herself as 'squaw.' Getting dark in here, squaw need light more candles.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#940423 Jul 8, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
i can't but agree.

so the next time one of the GOP corporate facilitators tries to pay for his keep, Obama should give him a one finger salute.

happy now?

Orlando, FL

#940424 Jul 8, 2013
Pope Benedict Arnold wrote:
<quoted text>You are a racist. Trayvon was scheduled to attend college on academic credentials. You are a fool. Trayvon did not do drugs and was drinking a soft drink.
Perhaps, you would be happier if Trayvon had tried to arrest Zimmerman, for being in HIS neighborhood.
Get it! Trayvon belonged, Zimmerman did not.
The court is now allowing evidence that THC was found in Trayvon's system.

Not making a judgment. Just marijuana most likely.

But what could have made this young man decide to take on Zimmerman in the dark when he could have kept on walking?

That's the question I wish could be answered. It never will, unfortunately.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#940425 Jul 8, 2013
SURPRISE! Fox News Audience Overwhelming Anti-Obama Republicans

Gallup just released the results of a new survey on where Americans get the their news. Not much about the findings are particularly earth-shattering, however, a couple of points reveal something notable about the Fox News audience.

Gallup reports that 55% of respondents cite television as their main source for news. As usual, the breakdown of that data reveals that a fair chunk of the viewers selected Fox News as their go-to network (8%), with the remainder of the legitimate news networks dividing the majority of the audience who are not blinded by the right. In fact, more than twice as many respondents chose sources other than Fox.

Somehow, these results have produced a flurry of stories proclaiming that Fox is the most popular news network. The shallowness of that conclusion is typical of media analysts who cant see past a simple list of possible responses.

The method Gallup used for their inquiry was to ask an open-ended question that leaves it up to the respondent to choose how much specificity to apply. The answer with by far the most mentions was simply the generic Television, which received 26%, and is more than three times the mentions of Fox. The only thing that this tells us about Fox is that their viewers are more cultishly attached to the network and will recite its name upon command.

The most revealing part of the Gallup survey was the question that broke down the responses by political views. In this category, Fox News registered some astronomically high numbers for bias. Fully 94% of respondents identified as Republican or leaning Republican said that Fox News is their main source for news. Conservatives chimed in at 79%. And a whopping 97% of those who do not approve of President Obama pledged their allegiance to Fox. None of the respondents on the left came within 30 points of that level of extreme partisanship.

Surely Fox is aware of the character profile of their audience. And just as surely, their editors react to such market research by tailoring their programming to viewer preferences. Consequently, it should surprise no one that a network where more than 90% of its audience are conservative Republicans who hate President Obama spins every story in favor of the right and virulently against Democrats or anything remotely liberal. At this point, anyone denying the reality of this is desperately in need of intensive therapy and high doses of medication.

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...

Orlando, FL

#940426 Jul 8, 2013
Tonto 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough. On other hand Tonto not work too hard to imitate cracker describe herself as 'squaw.' Getting dark in here, squaw need light more candles.
Squaw more like graham cracker. Tonto more like saltine cracker.
Tonto 2

Toronto, Canada

#940427 Jul 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm all for going after an enemy who is hell bent on destroying this country and western civilization in an effort to bring us all down to their stone age level.
Just like I was with Bush, I still am with Obama.
It's the hypocrisy on your part and the lack of convictions by this president that makes me nauseous.
Might be carbon monoxide? Are candles located near drapes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will CVS rebuild 1 hr jimi-yank 10
White Male Privilege 1 hr jimi-yank 4
Al Sharpton 1 hr USA Free Speech P... 16
News Reforming Baltimore police will be expensive, c... 3 hr joey 7
News This map shows when looted Baltimore pharmacies... 3 hr joey 2
News Highlandtown store clerk fatally shot Friday 3 hr Fear ISIS 1
News Thousands storm Baltimore streets in protest ca... 4 hr I Know From Exper... 452
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]