Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#882326 Apr 1, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
That is you opinion as an anti-American zero. You are the thread idiot here, Boris.
As I stated here yesterday, your forefathers were slave owners at the time they signed the constitution & more than alot of those slaves were muslims along with alot of those sent to give them guidance, the moors. The moors were not of 1 religious background, but the majority were Muslim. I know you'll say the slaves religious views didn't matter, but what about the moors. They were black yet free teachers of freemasonry. See George Washington's portrait with his full Mason apparel. You'll see a black dude standing behind him as well in Mason apparel with a turban on his head. He's a moors. They also lived here in those times. Were their religious beliefs taken into account when the constitution was written? Not to mention there is some evidence that Ben Franklin was an atheist. Some even say Washington was Muslim thru his affiliation with the moors & also evidence to say otherwise. Just showing you not even all who signed the constitution were of 1 religious faith.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882327 Apr 1, 2013
Stuffy Old Men: Region, Religion, Race and Class Define and Buffet GOP

Given what the Republican Party is and where America’s demographics are heading, it is unclear whether the Grand Old Party can successfully pivot to the center without jeopardizing its socially conservative evangelical base. Electoral competitiveness remains elusive for Republicans as singles and younger voters have migrated to the Democratic Party. The GOP is also shackled with the legacies of Iraq, Katrina and the crash of 2008 that have led many to view Republican competence as oxymoronic.

So at best, the party is barely treading water. A recent PPP poll shows both incumbent Senator Marco Rubio and former Governor Jeb Bush trailing Hillary Rodham Clinton by double digits—in Florida. Putting things in perspective, if the Republicans do not win Florida, they cannot re-take the White House. Indeed, with Florida, and Virginia — another state that Barack Obama carried twice—the once-Republican Solid South is starting to look like a blue-and-red checkerboard, with Democrats now owning some of the biggest squares.

Meanwhile, the Republican Party is far from agreed that it even has a problem. In fact, intra-party schisms were vividly displayed at the recent Conservative Political Action Conference, to which New Jersey’s popular governor Chris Christie was not invited. Instead, CPAC attendees heard Donald Trump do his usual rich guy-tough guy routine, and listened to Sarah Palin extol her husband’s and her own physical endowments. Okay for reality TV, perhaps, if not so much for serious national politics.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/03...

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#882328 Apr 1, 2013
Sonic,
You are a such a drip.
The Daily Beast is not a credible site for unbiased information and Hillary Clinton is last century's unelectable old baggage.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882329 Apr 1, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Sonic,
You are a such a drip.
The Daily Beast is not a credible site for unbiased information and Hillary Clinton is last century's unelectable old baggage.
so what's Rush talking about this morning?

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#882331 Apr 1, 2013
Sonic,
You do still have Howard Dean and his infamous rebel yell on your side.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882332 Apr 1, 2013
Pope Emeritus Benedict Joins Fox News:‘Pope Culture’ To Debut In The Fall

For the first time in 600 years there is a living former Pope. However, Pope Emeritus Benedict does not plan to retire quietly to the Vatican’s back porch and tend to gardening and meditation. He has other plans and they are leaking out along with a wisp of white smoke from the chimney atop 1211 Avenue of the Americas.

Fox News insiders report that a deal has been reached to bring Benedict to the Fox News family with a new program to air on Sunday mornings. Tentatively titled “Pope Culture,” sources say that it will premiere this fall and is slated to be a forum for many of the values issues that dominate the dialogue in the media and at dinner tables across America.

Sources inside Fox, who requested anonymity because they were not authorized to speak about the matter, said that contract negotiations included some unique concessions. The show would not be modeled after the other Sunday news programs that feature sometimes raucous debates. Benedict insisted that his program be a more deliberative hour interspersed with inspirational segments and profiles of charitable organizations and volunteer opportunities. The theme of promoting “service” was said to have been brought up repeatedly by Benedict’s representatives. They briefly encountered some resistance at Fox by hardliners who regard such talk as coddling freeloaders who refuse to accept personal responsibility. In the end, Benedict prevailed by agreeing that the type of service that he advocated was of the private variety and not that provided by bloated government agencies. That was enough to win over the Fox holdouts.

Benedict further requested and received assurances that he would have editorial control and would not be subject to either fairness or balance with regard to his topics or guests, a demand Ailes had no problem with since he never took that seriously anyway. There is also a provision for Fox to build a TV studio at Benedict’s residence which, sources say, will be accomplished on the cheap by repossessing the one they built for Sarah Palin at her home in Wasilla, Alaska. As of this writing there is no confirmation of rumors regarding the brown M&Ms.

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...

So Benedict ought to feel right at home in the midst of a College of (Media) Cardinals. His prior experience as spokesman for a vast assembly of true believers is the ideal preparation for a career as a Fox minister. Fox viewers exhibit a fierce loyalty that is consistent with the behavior of religious devotees and cults. They voluntarily separate themselves from the heresy of other news sources that might infect their pious souls. They make a point of disassociating with apostates and blasphemers who might divert them from the true path. Cult leaders demand strict obedience, and that is precisely what Fox News gets from their disciples. They even have an adjunct site, Fox Nation [see Fox Nation vs. Reality], that implores its adherents to “Join Us” with the promise that they will never be alone – a promise that is familiar to churchgoers.

The pairing of Fox and Benedict appears to be almost preordained. They have striking similarities in their principles and agendas. And at the root of their shared mission is the fact that they are both trying to sell stories on faith to ill-informed people who are motivated by fear. This relationship has the potential to be beneficial for everyone involved and is being greeted with unanimous approval from the Fox hierarchy. Oh Happy Day.
carol

Orlando, FL

#882333 Apr 1, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> First & foremost, didn't the Bible say,"I did not create the spirit of fear?" Why would the controller of all things good & pure want his followers to be scared of him? That sounds like the words of a king, not the God of free will! That's not the experience I've had personally with God. As a youth I was horrible. I fought everyday. I beat bullies, fought my mom, & beat the innocent into submission. Every night I went to bed, I dreamt of the devil. My mother told me,"you keep it up, the devil gonna get you!" But I was hard headed, wanting to blaze my own path. Till 1 night these dreams became more than a dream. I was actually feeling things touching me in my sleep, talking to me. Saying things like,"you belong to me now." It was then I decided to change. I got an overwhelming feeling I had better make a change for the better, & I did. My life changed because of that overwhelming feeling. A force of purity & piety guided me in the right direction, not a sense of fear. Fear is not free will. Its a form of enslavement!
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7

"Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love." 1 John 4:18

Children with loving parents are still punished if they misbehave. The fear of making them angry and displeasing them is often what keeps them from acting out bad behavior.

It's not an unhealthy fear. It's fear of displeasing someone you love. Same with fearing the Lord.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882334 Apr 1, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Sonic,
You do still have Howard Dean and his infamous rebel yell on your side.
dog whistles come in many forms. i would hazard a guess on that one that it pertained to old white men in South Carolina.

and didn't it work?

gotta play to your audience.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882335 Apr 1, 2013
After Todd Akin lost the Missouri Senate race to Democrat Claire McCaskill in November, he had one final piece of business to take care of as an outgoing member of the House of Representatives -- giving piles of government money to his staff. Akin nearly doubled the salaries of his House staffers in the quarter after his defeat, according to the website LegiStorm, which tracks congressional pay.

Only retiring Democrat Gary Ackerman of New York was more generous with public money, barely topping Akin's 98 percent increase in pay, the website shows. Allen West, a Tea Party favorite from South Florida, was the fourth biggest giver of taxpayer bonuses after he lost reelection to Rep. Patrick Murphy (D-Fla.). Rep. Chip Cravaack (R-Minn.) was the third most generous, according to LegiStorm.

West and Akin routinely decried wasteful and out-of-control government spending, calling for major cuts to social programs.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/01/todd...

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#882336 Apr 1, 2013
Sonic,
Your credibilty is shot to shit too.
WaxmanIdiot

United States

#882337 Apr 1, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
That is you opinion as an anti-American zero. You are the thread idiot here, Boris.
being a republicSCUM qualifies you as the ANTI ~ AMERICAN IDIOT YOU ARE, YOU ARE A ZERO TO THE LEFT FLORI-DUMB.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882338 Apr 1, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Sonic,
Your credibilty is shot to shit too.
ok, what did i post this morning that goes against conventional right wing nutjob propaganda?
Betsy

Orlando, FL

#882339 Apr 1, 2013
"When men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths." (2 Timothy 4:3-4).

"The lawless one will speak against the Most High and oppress his saints and try to change the set times and the laws." (Daniel 7:25)

Could these scriptures be more prophetic to current times?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882340 Apr 1, 2013
Georgia GOP Chair Warns That Straight People Will Enter Sham Gay Marriages For Benefits

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/g...

April Fools!

but only the Fools will get that one.

loose?
WaxmanIdiot

El Monte, CA

#882341 Apr 1, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You idiot. Both of the depressed Democrats I know that like you, had no social skills or redeeming traits used a rope and hung themselves. Your point about guns is as weak as all of your points.
All of you libtards are fumb ducks.
you waxturd, being born the natural scum you are, apparently lack experience in running elections, stay ignorant dumbfkk.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882342 Apr 1, 2013
Betsy wrote:
"When men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths." (2 Timothy 4:3-4).
"The lawless one will speak against the Most High and oppress his saints and try to change the set times and the laws." (Daniel 7:25)
Could these scriptures be more prophetic to current times?
so stop watching FOX.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#882343 Apr 1, 2013
Republicans/Conservatives have said this but coming from Comedian Evan Sayet described his progression from a “brain-dead liberal” to a “9/13 Republican”!! He describes Liberals “morally and intellectually retarded” spot On!!
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#882344 Apr 1, 2013
Before the people of Cyprus knew that their savings were going to be confiscated, the president's family transferred millions of dollars out of the country through one of their companies.

http://intellihub.com/2013/03/31/cyprus-presi...
DCobamafool

Pompano Beach, FL

#882346 Apr 1, 2013
WaxmanIdiot wrote:
<quoted text> being a republicSCUM qualifies you as the ANTI ~ AMERICAN IDIOT YOU ARE, YOU ARE A ZERO TO THE LEFT FLORI-DUMB.
being a democraticSCUM qualifies you as the ANTI-AMERICAN IDIOT YOU ARE, YOU ARE A ZERO TO THE RIGHT WASHING-DUMB. LOL
DCobamafool

Pompano Beach, FL

#882347 Apr 1, 2013
WaxmanIdiot wrote:
<quoted text> you waxturd, being born the natural scum you are, apparently lack experience in running elections, stay ignorant dumbfkk.
you washingturd, being born the natural scum you are, apparently lack experience in voting intelligently, stay ignorant dumbfkk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 min Life is Love 306,288
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 5 hr Swedenforever 54,525
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 17 hr True blue 19,387
STEVE DeBAUGH (May '12) Oct 22 Steve 2
Baltimore on Orkin Rattiest City List Oct 21 numberonepestcont... 1
Need help to get down! Oct 20 sweetenvy 1
Review: Atas Marc J Oct 20 Briansaul 5
Baltimore Dating
Find my Match

Baltimore Jobs

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baltimore

Personal Finance