Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383693 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

carol

Orlando, FL

#874421 Mar 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>This afternoon should should rock with Santorum, Romney and tomorrow looks like Sarah Palin for a couple of hours.
LaPierre didn't disappoint going directly to the Tea Party wing with his patented race baiting.
At least they're talking about solutions and not demonizing and blaming everyone else.

Unlike this president who throws his own secret service under the bus - you know, the same guys who would take a bullet for him - they're trying to figure out what's in the best interest of the country rather than destroying the other party.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#874422 Mar 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
This is about as witty as Homer gets lately.
Ok ok, get off my back already, I got your message loud and clear.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

United States

#874424 Mar 15, 2013
Has the senate introduced their Budget Yet? We know Obama’s budget will be Late, but if they had treated it as Party invitations it would have been on Time and Costly!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NUT surpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

#874425 Mar 15, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
You're much better!!!!!!!!!!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
NUT surpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

#874426 Mar 15, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your story straight "Homer 2016". If you're here, I'm here. We are the same person. You are my favorite sock and I own you!!! Now stop trying to deny that truth, I manage to embarrass all of us when I try an act so independent. Now please, get back to the judgits and let "Nuculur option" back in. He's screaming out for attention. Try to keep it low key, the Doctor's are making their rounds soon!!!! Have you seen "sonicfilter" floating around? Missing him.
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
Plurbisduhmbus

Hazard, KY

#874427 Mar 15, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't work for you either, huh?
I have no problem with it.

Just glad the new Pope chose the non-red everything. The white and gold brocade stuff is much, much nicer.
NUT surpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

#874428 Mar 15, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
Step it up with the judgits fellas!!!!!!!!!
GET THE LEAD OUT!!!!!!!!!!
Feverishly, Not Surprized
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
Plurbisduhmbus

Hazard, KY

#874429 Mar 15, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Ok ok, get off my back already, I got your message loud and clear.
Hillary and Michelle 2016?

"OMG" as Duh A Vey would say.

Liked Obamas comment on kids and family before social BS.

He's exactly right. So many stupid ignorant ppl these days that would try and sway others otherwise.(Losers.)

Christie for POTUS 2016!
AHMAN RA BE BE

Kabul, Afghanistan

#874430 Mar 15, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
At least they're talking about solutions and not demonizing and blaming everyone else.
Unlike this president who throws his own secret service under the bus - you know, the same guys who would take a bullet for him - they're trying to figure out what's in the best interest of the country rather than destroying the other party.
I to make love with you and we make fine afganie carpet baggers. Later we teach them to kill mommie.

Peace be upon you
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#874431 Mar 15, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
LaPierre got to you eh?

Listen up girl, the smart Repub's are in the process of dumping the religious right and it's burdensome social bullsht__in other words folks of your ilk are passe.

Barack Hussein Obama, a black man, defeated John McCain in 2008 and Romney in 2012 and did it with room to spare.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#874432 Mar 15, 2013
Plurbisduhmbus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary and Michelle 2016?
"OMG" as Duh A Vey would say.
Liked Obamas comment on kids and family before social BS.
He's exactly right. So many stupid ignorant ppl these days that would try and sway others otherwise.(Losers.)
Christie for POTUS 2016!
The idea of "Hillary and Michelle" is just a setup for Michelle after the stroke-addled Hillary is thrown under the Obama bus.
carol

Orlando, FL

#874433 Mar 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>LaPierre got to you eh?
Listen up girl, the smart Repub's are in the process of dumping the religious right and it's burdensome social bullsht__in other words folks of your ilk are passe.
Barack Hussein Obama, a black man, defeated John McCain in 2008 and Romney in 2012 and did it with room to spare.
Nothing to say about this president blaming the secret service for shutting down the White House?

Can he be any more of a wimp?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
AHMAN RA BE BE

Kabul, Afghanistan

#874434 Mar 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea of "Hillary and Michelle" is just a setup for Michelle after the stroke-addled Hillary is thrown under the Obama bus.
Afganie to tell you better to blow bus up.
no need for speed bump.

Peace be upon you
Realwacko

Pompano Beach, FL

#874436 Mar 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>LaPierre got to you eh?
4% difference ... room to spare ... LOL
Lorac

Vancouver, Canada

#874437 Mar 15, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing to say about this president blaming the secret service for shutting down the White House?
Yes I read that on all the right wing websites and Fox News had an entire segment on it. Nothing to say about all the job losses though. That's odd, What does Bill think?
carol

Orlando, FL

#874438 Mar 15, 2013
MSN News - Obama makes rare visit to Republicans in Congress

http://news.msn.com/politics/obama-makes-rare...

Yeah, a rare visit - like the first time in two years. But he really wants to work together to get things done.

WASHINGTON, March 6 (Reuters)- A Reuters/Ipsos online poll released on Wednesday showed 43% of people approve of Obama's handling of his job, down 7 percentage points from Feb. 19.

(GW Bush's approval rating was 45% in 2010.)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#874439 Mar 15, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald Reagan wanted the big tent and nutjobs like you have turned it into a teepee.

Who gives a flying fk about White House tours, airport tower closings in Central Florida are of more interest to me. BTW the Air Force Thunderbirds will appear at the beyond fabulous TICO Air Show March 22-24 and close the remainder of their schedule.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

United States

#874440 Mar 15, 2013
We know the Liberal Media has never reported Obama being late to a Party!! Let’s flashback to when Clinton was addressing the Democrats about extending the Bush’s Tax Cuts and Obama standing next to him, Obama, looked at his watch, whisper to Clinton that he had to go couldn’t be Late to Michelle Party!! Maybe if we change the Terminology of the Budget to Party Planner the president would get serious and get the People Business Done!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#874442 Mar 15, 2013
Obama suggested, contrary to previous statements by the administration, that the decision to scrap the tours fell solely to the Secret Service.

“I have to say this was not a decision that went up to the White House,” Obama said in the interview.“But what the Secret Service explained to us was that they’re going to have to furlough some folks."

Doesn't this president ever make a decision about anything in his own administration? If he's not blaming the secret service, it's his staff who makes all the decisions.

He signs the sequester and blames republicans.

Do some Americans have the word "stupid" written across their foreheads not to see this president for who he is...and what he isn't?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lorac

Vancouver, Canada

#874443 Mar 15, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White Male Privilege 6 hr Service 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr orange girly man 20,307
Decadent Memorial Day Entertainment in The War ... 12 hr Culture Auditor 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Fri cpeter1313 311,215
News Shootings Push Baltimore Homicide Victims Past ... Fri bozo 1
Officer acquitted on all charges in Freddie Gra... Fri Go Blue Forever 24
News Three shot in Baltimore overnight May 25 bozo 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages