Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383437 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#866468 Mar 1, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Folks can we drag out the Rev Wright sermons? It's been months since anyone's brought them up.
And for you birthers you need to crank up the rhetoric, hardly a word has been mentioned lately on this subject. Sheriff Joe and his posse? Orly Taitz?
And where is all the Obama is a Muslim talk gone to these days?
Come no folks, let's pick up the pace a bit.
I won't be around much today.
Love,
Homer
When Obama announces support for his candidate for POTUS for 2016, will Homer still hold out for the stroke-crippled Hillary?

Or get in line with Sonic in opposition to birther Hillary?
carol

Orlando, FL

#866469 Mar 1, 2013
Now, admittedly, the Germans sort of over-reacted to the whole greedy-Jew thing, but let's not throw the baby out with the Evian water...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#866470 Mar 1, 2013
On Fox News Channel’s “Hannity” on Thursday, embattled Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward reiterated his case that Obama economic adviser Gene Sperling had used rhetoric unbecoming of a high-ranking White House official in their conversations about the sequester, but denied media reports that he had felt “threatened” by the exchanges.

“I mean, it was the half hour in which he was shouting at me,” Woodward said.“Now, what we’re talking about here is not a fact. He’s not arguing with a fact, because beforehand he said we’re just not going to see eye to eye on this. It’s an interpretation. Obviously, he didn’t like being challenged on this at all. But you know, people have said,‘Well, this was a threat,’ or I was saying it was a threat. I haven’t used that language.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/01/bob-woodwar...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#866471 Mar 1, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Woodward told Hannity that the President should be questioned about
Bill Ayers!!!
Hannity calls Congressman Keith Ellison a black muslim!
Here we go, off into nutville, and Carols still talking about 57 states!
Ellison is African-American and is a devotee of the Islamic faith.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#866472 Mar 1, 2013
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#866473 Mar 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Boehner has learned that it is impossible to negotiate with Obama and pointless to try.
So, he will revert to the traditional role of advancing the program of his caucus in the House.
ah. so he will continue to do nothing.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#866474 Mar 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus, not the Jews again! Are we ever going to be free of these troubling takers?
Ghost, the black Jew-hater, rides again.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#866475 Mar 1, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Perseveration
The involuntary and pathologic persistence of the same verbal response or motor activity regardless of the stimulus or its duration. The condition occurs primarily in patients with brain damage or organic mental disorders, although it may also appear in schizophrenia as an association disturbance. It is caused by a neurologic deficit.
If this question isn't answered, the government collapses and the existence of the United States comes to an end.
Save the country. Answer the question:

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

You do want to save the country, don't you?
carol

Orlando, FL

#866476 Mar 1, 2013
Now given the escape of Moses how do you reckon so few Jews own boats? Or rushes for that matter? I suppose it's a Jewish engram, the whole parting of the waters thing... I still say we should move 'em all to Texas, then they can buy the land the Saudis didn't.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#866477 Mar 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
When Obama announces support for his candidate for POTUS for 2016, will Homer still hold out for the stroke-crippled Hillary?
Homer is going to vote for the Republican candidate, I feel bad for you guys, you need all the votes you can get.
carol

Orlando, FL

#866478 Mar 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghost, the black Jew-hater, rides again.
Well, now, just a second there, Rastus, I seem to recall an intesting post of yours that went something like... "O dee do's an' the Wambacks be posin' roun' de Obama-do's," or words to that effect... did we fo'get our di'lect already, Rosa?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#866479 Mar 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Christie/Erickson 2016!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#866480 Mar 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
ah. so he will continue to do nothing.
Republicans stand ready to modify the reductions in the rate of increase in the federal budget, but have already conceded too much on increased taxation.
carol

Orlando, FL

#866481 Mar 1, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
If this question isn't answered, the government collapses and the existence of the United States comes to an end.
Save the country. Answer the question:
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
You do want to save the country, don't you?
Nope. I wanna see-quester it instead, Sha-dope.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#866482 Mar 1, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Homer is going to vote for the Republican candidate, I feel bad for you guys, you need all the votes you can get.
When Obama issues the election orders, Homer will get in line just like the rest of the troops.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#866483 Mar 1, 2013
Republicans are losing the spending argument

For the past several years, congressional Republicans have focused relentlessly on a single message: Washington — led by President Obama — is spending too much money, and it needs to stop.

But according to new Washington Post-ABC News polling, that laser-like focus isn’t helping Republicans win the argument over federal spending — with 67 percent of those tested disapproving of the “way Republicans in Congress are handling federal spending.”

While Obama’s numbers aren’t stellar on that same spending question — 52 percent disapproval — he is in considerably stronger shape than his Republican adversaries as Washington braces for the $1.2 trillion in automatic cuts known as the sequester to take effect on Friday. In fact, Obama’s 43 percent overall approval on his handling of federal spending is the same number as those who strongly disapprove of how congressional Republicans are handling it.

As we have seen in other recent polling, a major part of Republicans’ overall approval problem — in this case on federal spending — comes from divisions within their own party.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#866484 Mar 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans stand ready to modify the reductions in the rate of increase in the federal budget, but have already conceded too much on increased taxation.
austerity doesn't work.

fact.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#866486 Mar 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
austerity doesn't work.
fact.
That's debatable, but this is nothing even close to austerity.

The budget this year is still significantly larger than last year.

My bad. I mean spending, given there is no budget.
carol

Orlando, FL

#866487 Mar 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
When Obama issues the election orders, Homer will get in line just like the rest of the troops.
Nah. You do be fo'gettin' the cardinal rule ob de politics: "Democrats fall in love, republicans fall in line."
Jimmy

Hamden, CT

#866488 Mar 1, 2013
A liberal, lying pansey, fighting with a woman:
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Alternately, an insecure woman is one who spends her time trying to intimidate men through guilt. Also, Catholic women I realize... and I refuse to define what constitutes a secure woman, but I'm pretty sure it's one who's comfortable in her own skein.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Officer acquitted on all charges in Freddie Gra... 8 min Go Blue Forever 24
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr cpeter1313 311,211
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr winston molineri 20,303
White Male Privilege 11 hr Mark Rosenkranz 1
News Three shot in Baltimore overnight Wed bozo 1
Do BLM? Wed Savages Gone Wild 7
News Three people fatally shot since Sunday in Balti... May 24 bozo 1
News Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) May 8 FormerParatrooper 114,454
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages