Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,657)

Showing posts 793,121 - 793,140 of1,034,230
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

You're spreading your filthy lies again, Nobraina.

Last I knew illegal aliens were beings from another planet. Is that what you're claiming, that little green men are voting in our elections??

You're easily crazy enough to have such beliefs.

The truth is far different than your ignorant rants.

In all of the Voter ID cases to reach the courts, not one State was able to produce evidence of voter fraud, least of all by illegals.

I offer you the Sec of State in PA as proof.

You are spreading the urban legend and lies that cost you nitwits the last election.

Works for me, stupid for you unless you enjoy losing elections.
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
But illegal aliens do vote, and no proof of citizenship or identity is required.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Just popped in to see what was going on and apparently need to tell you all I'm not ill. Because my name and location were hijacked and some of you thought my hijacker was me and that I was ill, you can see why I decided it best to just leave.
Haven't posted since last Tuesday after posting a fond farewell, before my hijacker posted I had a stroke or something.
But a heartfelt thanks to some for having missed me.
Nobody blames you for avoiding the personal abuse from the vicious, low-class Obama mob.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Cruz will be the Democrat's poster boy for modern McCarthyism.

He'll be buried quickly, both by Dems and Repubs.

He is evidence of the 'stupid' that Jindal and Rove know will doom their Party going forward.

You are part of that 'stupid', no wonder you admire Cruz. He feeds your stupidity.

Cruz has Communist ties from his college days.

He'll be destroyed.
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted Cruz speaks for the base of the Republican Party, while McCain speaks for the Washington establishment.
We need a fighter like Ted Cruz, not a doormat like McCain.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The imposter will be back soon so I'll say this quickly.
Unfortunately, there was some confusion in my registering because my email address had been used before - by me. Not even sure myself how that happened.
Anyway, I've contacted topix to see how it can be rectified. Still haven't heard back from them yet.
It's the only way I'll come back on.
Register a throw-away email address on gmail. I don't think I've ever checked the address I registered with.
Classy Freddie Blassy

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

I heard Corey Booker and Marion Barry are running in next presidencial election.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted Cruz speaks for the base of the Republican Party, while McCain speaks for the Washington establishment.
I've never seen a group of people so fiercely dedicated to defeat.

Well, except for libertarians and communists that is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hagel is being opposed because he is a Quisling.
I think it's hilarous how the Republiclowns fawned all over Kerry, former Public Enemy #1, yet they lauded him with hugs and kisses and approved him in record time!!

Yet when a Republiclown like Hagel shows up, they brandish their long knives.

Proves how dysfunctional the Republiclowns are. They turn on their own more willingly than they attack their opposition!!

Gotta love it!!

The Civil War within the Republiclown Party is a wonderful thing.......for Democrats!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
He's being opposed because he's an Obama nominee. If Reagan were still alive and Obama nominated him y'all would hate him instantly.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Register a throw-away email address on gmail. I don't think I've ever checked the address I registered with.
Registering will not deter those determined to be personally abusive.

A thick skin is required.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Classy Freddie Blassy wrote:
I heard Corey Booker and Marion Barry are running in next presidencial election.
Booker would not be a surprise at all, as a designated Obama surrogate. Obama will have a candidate in the race, and it will not be Hillary.

Barry could run on a ticket with Al Sharpton or Jesse jackson, Jr. and would still get 99% of the plantation vote.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
Facebook Gets a Multibillion-Dollar Tax Break
By Peter Coy on February 15, 2013
It hasn’t drawn much attention, but Facebook’s first annual earnings report contains an accounting gem: a multibillion-dollar tax deduction for the cost of executive stock options and share awards.
Even though Facebook (FB) reported $1.1 billion in pre-tax profits from U.S. operations in 2012, it will probably pay zero federal and state taxes—and even receive a federal tax refund of about $429 million—according to a Feb. 14 statement from Citizens for Tax Justice.
The tax-research and -lobbying organization says companies such as Facebook should treat stock options the same in their reports to shareholders as they do in their tax filings. Citizens for Tax Justice calls the tax footnotes in Facebook’s Jan. 30 financial statement “an amazing admission,” but there’s nothing illegal about the breaks the company is claiming. Companies like Facebook are allowed to treat the cost of non-cash compensation, such as stock options, as an expense that reduces profits, essentially the way they treat cash compensation such as salaries.
The difference is that Facebook—unlike, say, General Motors (GM)—relies heavily on stock options and restricted stock units as a form of compensation. It paid out a lot during its years as a private company that it must now recognize on its income statement and balance sheet.
You won’t find any $429 million tax refund in Facebook’s financial statements. Indeed, the company says it had a $559 million federal tax liability in 2012. But that liability isn’t an actual payment. In a footnote, the company also said that it had a $1.03 billion “excess tax benefit” last year related to “stock option exercises and other equity awards.” That benefit is what flips the federal tax liability into a refund.(A small portion is applied against state taxes.)
Facebook says that it anticipates reducing its tax liability in the future by an additional $2.17 billion by using further net operating loss carry-forwards that it has banked.
Boycott facebook, Close your accounts.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't need a fighter after the fight is already over.

you folks are just fighting to try to keep us in the 80s. "dusty Reaganisms" and all that thank you Marco.

so how many times did Reagan raise taxes? and why did he? because he was worried about the good of country and not worried about what the 'base' would be pissed off about.

because you see, and as was pointed out by Bill Buckley on more than one occasion, the base will always be ideologically irrational.

and.....in the minority.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never seen a group of people so fiercely dedicated to defeat.
Well, except for libertarians and communists that is.
As a Libertarian, you should understand that principles are more important than winning by selling out.

Republicans can win by emphasizing economics and avoiding social issues, as in the 2010 election.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Senate Republicans Make a Spectacle of Themselves

The bizarre anti-Hagel effort has attached itself to the worst mistakes of the Bush administration.

There’s no question that Republicans in Washington are desperate for a winning issue......

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
He's being opposed because he's an Obama nominee. If Reagan were still alive and Obama nominated him y'all would hate him instantly.
Lack of opposition to Kerry negates that argument.
hhhm

Salamanca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

i dont trust no goverment official they all lie
all bent on money and power as long as it benifit's them not the people in the long run

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
But illegal aliens do vote, and no proof of citizenship or identity is required.
Liar.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't need a fighter after the fight is already over.
you folks are just fighting to try to keep us in the 80s. "dusty Reaganisms" and all that thank you Marco.
so how many times did Reagan raise taxes? and why did he? because he was worried about the good of country and not worried about what the 'base' would be pissed off about.
because you see, and as was pointed out by Bill Buckley on more than one occasion, the base will always be ideologically irrational.
and.....in the minority.
Correct. Republicans should just roll over and let Obama bankrupt the country.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Boycott facebook, Close your accounts.
Don't have one and never will.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Hagel Temporarily Blocked, Paul Permanently Damaged

I should add that it isn’t just the Hagel vote that has alienated Sen. Paul’s potential supporters. Sen. Paul has voted for cruel, ineffective Iran sanctions, and a lot of antiwar conservatives were willing to cut him some slack on the grounds that he was still opposed to war with Iran. He offered an entirely unnecessary security guarantee to Israel, and many of his potential supporters were still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Voting to block Hagel was the final straw for a lot of people, but it’s important to understand that this reaction is not limited to dissatisfaction with today’s vote. The decision to vote with his party to block Hagel is part of a pattern of bad calls that Sen. Paul has made in recent months, and in each of these he has ended up siding with people who hate restraint and prudence in foreign policy and who also hate Hagel because he represented some measure of both.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 793,121 - 793,140 of1,034,230
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Baltimore Forum right now

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 55 min Samuel 17,757
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr not a playa1965 303,165
New Annapolis mayor struggles in first months o... 21 hr Oakland Sux 1
Ugly Mug Cafe opens on East Baltimore Street Apr 16 guest 11
In need of loan shark (Aug '12) Apr 16 Michael 6
Debate: Marijuana - Baltimore, MD (Aug '10) Apr 14 Sneek Blee 51
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Apr 14 Squach 123,275
•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance