Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
792,321 - 792,340 of 1,095,197 Comments Last updated 1 min ago
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
“We must not become the party of austerity. We must become the party of (economic) growth,” Jindal said.“We have fallen into a trap of believing the world revolves around Washington.”
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/j...
it's just way to easy to say nothing but: cut spending.
looking at the lack of data to support conservative theories, ideas that actually grow the economy seem out of touch for today's conservative.
Obama's "ideas" have failed miserably in providing economic growth.
OldRatface

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
Ryan/GOP cuts would throw a combined 600,000 poor children off of food stamps and Medicaid. Literally, Paul Ryan is trying to protect the defense industry by starving hundreds of thousands of economically disadvantaged children.
The “smarter cuts” that Rep. Ryan is touting would slash food stamps, and throw 300,000 children off the program. The cuts are so extensive that they would eliminate food assistance for 1.8 million adults and children. Ryan’s cuts would also eliminate Meals on Wheels, federal funding for child protective services, and healthcare for disabled adults and children.
Children may have a “right to life” in the Republican Party, but the conservative culture of life doesn’t include food. If kids want to eat, they’re on their own.
OMG...you may have to end your illegitimate government disability at the retirement home and actually get a job to support all your illegitimate chillens.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a damn fool. He is hiding in shame. Did you see his self portraits?
His own party has disowned him, he and his father didn't even show up at the convention.
Wonder if he hopes to sell his art work as other mass-murderers before him? While it's true that we're glad to see the bad of him, I can't see a market for his refrigerator art unless they come with some fancy magnets. http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/intelligenc...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Petey, Petey, Petey, If you call this steady growth, better get off your handheld and pay attention in class. Under 4% is putting us in the dumper, every month it happens. Of course you wouldn't know that because you don't work or have a clue?
You are way too generous.

Compared to the lousy Obama economy, growth of 4% would look like a runaway boom.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

bad = back (something rather more Freudian than typographical?) lol
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, but all those things you listed are not solely a black thing. There are tons of whites in the same situations.
All colors and cultures are affected by the nations preference for prosecution and community control.

It was much different when I was young__some of the really fun stuff back then would be a felony these days. Even when my son was young the system cut kids a little slack on the small stuff.

In some regions blacks have been hit particularly hard by the legal system, in other regions Hispanics and even Asians have been dealt with more harshly than white kids for the same legal infractions.

The result is that "we have" created a group of young people that are not employable in traditional government or private sector jobs and are left to drift around working half azzed jobs or hustling.

Add to that the growing number of children whose low IQ's are the result of drug addicted mothers.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> How can 1 of Americas smallest ethnic groups have an unemployment rate double the national rate & triple it when dealing with black males younger than 30yrs old? Equal opportunity & employment? Your a f cking moron!
Lazy, threatening, and untrustworthy?

More to the point, why should middle America hire the very people who are pushing for the government to steal their assets?
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
Coud it be because he is the most hated man in America??
Are you too stupid to see that??
He's a disgrace to our nation, and everyone knows it!!
Bush wasn't even invited to the Republiclown Convention!!
An ex-President who's been declared ' persona non grata' by his own Party!!
Bush is a broken man, drinking away his hideous past.
And you're a fool!!
He's an alcoholic, getting drunk daily, just like Mindy McCready.
He'll likely end up the same way.
<quoted text>
You have proof??
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> That's a good question. Why do young black have triple the unemployment rate? What cultural differences would cause that? Give me an honest answer and no some libtard bullshit!
Show up for a job interview wearing an Obama T-shirt, low-hanging pants, and a baseball cap worn sideways?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>The only rational assumption from this statement is that two unfunded trumped-up (at least on the books) wars, no bid military-industrial contracts, and a tax cut for the Grumpy Old Prick cronies occur every cycle in the arid Galtgulch...'course, you gotta' figure a guy who names himself from the main character in a book he's never read is not closely related to truth...justice or the American way?
Recessions are natural economic events.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Proves only that the Republicans cheated in gerrymandering districts.
Prove it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Show up for a job interview wearing an Obama T-shirt, low-hanging pants, and a baseball cap worn sideways?
Might depend on the resume...Is one planning for a job with JayZ, Spike, or Timbaland? Oh, I forgot, you only consider non-whites and females worthy of minimum wage jobs...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>I've only come across maybe 1 or two conservatives on topix in 5 years of posting, I think John 'Nobama' Galt is one when he dials down the rhetoric, with myself and Sonicfilter, Realtime also sharing some conservative ideas on things.
To be clear Homer does not mistake rightwingers for conservatives.
Galt believes in the use of exaggeration to illustrate leftwing absurdity.

Realtime does not have a conservative bone in his body, a total phony.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Recessions are natural economic events.
Recessions are...the Bush debacle wasn't. BTW, just how do you explain the fact that the US economy is making a better recovery than the EU?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
NASCAR may outlast the NFL.
There are two NASCARS__The ISC version and the Bruton Smith version.

The ISC version is here to stay.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

You nitwit!!

You didn't even read your own link!!!

""Sen. Richard Shelby (R., Ala.):[T]he federal government has [an] ambiguous relationship with the GSEs. And how do we actually get rid of that ambiguity is a complicated, tricky thing. I don't know how we do it.

I mean, you've alluded to it a little bit, but how do we define the relationship? It's important, is it not?""

Or this:

"Sen. Robert Bennett (R., Utah): I think we do need a strong regulator. I think we do need a piece of legislation. But I think we do need also to be careful that we don't overreact.

I know the press, particularly, keeps saying this is another Enron, which it clearly is not. Fannie Mae has taken its lumps. Fannie Mae is paying a very large fine. Fannie Mae is under a very, very strong microscope, which it needs to be.... So let's not do nothing, and at the same time, let's not overreact."

I see two Republiclowns defending Fannie and Freddy and being very casreful about making changes. DUH

Fanny was created in 1938, and helped millions of Americans buy homes after WWII.

Freddie was created in 1970, under Nixon.

It wasn't until Bush destroyed the economy that people couldn't pay their mortgages.

Bush's own 'ownership society' policies made loans to people who shouldn't have gotten them.

It all starts and ends with Bush.

In spite of your illiterate attempts to show otherwise.
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the facts, dufus:
Here is a link where you can actually read the quotes from the Democrats when they were negotiating with the Republicans with outright lies to get no effective oversight of their Marxist CRA program that was an obvious failure in 2003:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1222905743912...
Now, this will require that you think for yourself and draw your own conclusion about what the above facts mean:
In 2003 the Democrats supported Bush and the war in Iraq.
In 2003 the Republicans supported the Democrats' Marxist subnprime loan program.
Do you think there was a connection there?
Considering the fact that it was the Democrats' Marxist subprime housing loan program that collapsed our economy, what lessons do you think we should have learned from the above facts of history?
Now, "unfunded wars"....
Please tell us about the two different enemies in these supposed multiple wars.
Who was the enemy in each war?
And, please don't forget to tell us who started that ONE war.
And, you can congratulate our Armed Forces for a MISSION ACCOMPLISHED when they removed Saddam Hussien from power.
Now, go to this webiste and tell us about the annual deficits from the time the Arabs started that ONE war to January, 2007, when the Democrats took full control of all the purse strings of the government.
Then, tell us what the Democrats did to the deficit and total debt since.
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/
You've seen this information so many times, it's impossible to speak with you and not call you a liar.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>They don't believe in it, they think it doesn't exist.
It's not illegal to discriminate against an individual because of their political beliefs.

Democrats are not a protected class.

Galt favors preferential hiring of black Conservatives.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
A oil industry subsidy denier. Funny how Republican leaders talk about these subsidies. Even the head of the API says if we cut these subsidies, it would cost jobs.
If we subsidize the oil industry 2.5 billion a year & if there are 60,000 oil industry employees, how much of your salary is subsidized???
Quit suckling off the teat of government. Show you have some self worth. Get a job where you actually earn your salary.
Identify one specific subsidy available to the oil industry and not to other industries.

ALL subsidies should be eliminated.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

For you, but then, you're an idiot!!

Obama's policies have rewarded me splendidly!! I did well under Bush, but far better under Obama!! Obama helped make me a millionaire!!

Of course, your fear and ignorance is what holds you back.

Had you not waited for the market to hit 6800, you might have made some money.

But you did and you didn't. LOL

Your being a loser is all on you.
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's "ideas" have failed miserably in providing economic growth.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
Ryan/GOP cuts would throw a combined 600,000 poor children off of food stamps and Medicaid. Literally, Paul Ryan is trying to protect the defense industry by starving hundreds of thousands of economically disadvantaged children.
The “smarter cuts” that Rep. Ryan is touting would slash food stamps, and throw 300,000 children off the program. The cuts are so extensive that they would eliminate food assistance for 1.8 million adults and children. Ryan’s cuts would also eliminate Meals on Wheels, federal funding for child protective services, and healthcare for disabled adults and children.
Children may have a “right to life” in the Republican Party, but the conservative culture of life doesn’t include food. If kids want to eat, they’re on their own.
The only starving children in America are the school children forced to survive the school day on the inadequate Moochelle school lunch diet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Baltimore Forum right now

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 38 min the truth really ... 18,731
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) 1 hr Anonymous 86
Detective "Tim" with Baltimore sex crimes unit 18 hr Knock knock 1
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Mon godless by choice 305,378
Baltimore Stands with Israel Aug 15 I can read 76
Bud (Morgan State area) Aug 13 Rico 1
Fast Adderall,xanny ,MMJ- ADHD Aug 12 Dr max 1
•••
•••
•••
Baltimore Dating

more search filters

less search filters