Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
791,961 - 791,980 of 1,096,630 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#860401
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

21

21

21

Why Conservatives Still Share a Tent with Calhoun

Sam Tanenhaus has an important article in the New Republic on movement conservatism’s entanglement with the ideological underpinnings of slavery. This is hardly a secret. Liberals have read coded racism into “states’ rights” rhetoric for decades. But Tanenhaus is making a subtler point. Conservatives are not closet racists; rather, as evidenced by their talk of nullification and their flirtation with electoral college rigging, they have internalized the sectionalist dogma of Sen. John Calhoun in such a way that seals their demographic fate. Conservative Republicans risk becoming a “lost cause” party that’s designed to “resist, ignore, or even overturn the will of the electoral majority,” Tanenhaus writes.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/why-co...

to get what they want they'll have to overturn the will of the electoral majority.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#860402
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

11

11

9

sonicfilter wrote:
Why Conservatives Still Share a Tent with Calhoun
Sam Tanenhaus has an important article in the New Republic on movement conservatism’s entanglement with the ideological underpinnings of slavery. This is hardly a secret. Liberals have read coded racism into “states’ rights” rhetoric for decades. But Tanenhaus is making a subtler point. Conservatives are not closet racists; rather, as evidenced by their talk of nullification and their flirtation with electoral college rigging, they have internalized the sectionalist dogma of Sen. John Calhoun in such a way that seals their demographic fate. Conservative Republicans risk becoming a “lost cause” party that’s designed to “resist, ignore, or even overturn the will of the electoral majority,” Tanenhaus writes.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/why-co...
to get what they want they'll have to overturn the will of the electoral majority.
People like you who support communisms do not understand the true relationship between those inside of government and those outside of government, and that is the relationship between slave and master. If someone has the right to initiate the use of force on you if you disobey them, you are essentially their property. If you don’t believe me, go on over to Google and type in “slave definition,” and the first definition you will find is the following:“A person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.” Now, doesn’t that sound a whole lot like the relationship between people inside government and people outside government? If you can force people to do things against their will, then you are treating them as if they were your property.
This is not a government by the people for the people. It is rule by the divine elitist as they see fit.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#860404
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

21

21

19

Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you who support communisms do not understand the true relationship between those inside of government and those outside of government, and that is the relationship between slave and master. If someone has the right to initiate the use of force on you if you disobey them, you are essentially their property. If you don’t believe me, go on over to Google and type in “slave definition,” and the first definition you will find is the following:“A person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.” Now, doesn’t that sound a whole lot like the relationship between people inside government and people outside government? If you can force people to do things against their will, then you are treating them as if they were your property.
This is not a government by the people for the people. It is rule by the divine elitist as they see fit.
You're describing the US government since its inception, what you describe is in the Constitution and was first employed by George Washington.

Now, what were you saying about communism?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#860405
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

21

21

21

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it about time to start predicting $7/gallon gas again?
Gettin' to be that time of year idn't it?
I know what you mean about stupid people repeating the same behavior expecting different results.
Well I did hear a report this morning saying it will be up over $4 by late spring in most of the country. You know economies change right? At the time they were saying that things were heating up. Then the world economy collapsed. Only morans stay stuck in a static world.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#860406
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

21

21

21

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
From a minority position in Congress??
Davey, I'm not in Congress, I'm out here watching this debacle take place with my money. A guy who never had a job, now, never needs a job, whom people as (Obama Money)had a vote to put in that position. We're seeing how that's working out, aren't we?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#860407
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

21

21

20

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Well I did hear a report this morning saying it will be up over $4 by late spring in most of the country. You know economies change right? At the time they were saying that things were heating up. Then the world economy collapsed. Only morans stay stuck in a static world.
Right, right ... that's why you predict it every year as summer approaches. Are you listening to "analysts" trying to hawk gasoline futures?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#860408
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

12

12

12

sonicfilter wrote:
Why Conservatives Still Share a Tent with Calhoun
Sam Tanenhaus has an important article in the New Republic on movement conservatism’s entanglement with the ideological underpinnings of slavery. This is hardly a secret. Liberals have read coded racism into “states’ rights” rhetoric for decades. But Tanenhaus is making a subtler point. Conservatives are not closet racists; rather, as evidenced by their talk of nullification and their flirtation with electoral college rigging, they have internalized the sectionalist dogma of Sen. John Calhoun in such a way that seals their demographic fate. Conservative Republicans risk becoming a “lost cause” party that’s designed to “resist, ignore, or even overturn the will of the electoral majority,” Tanenhaus writes.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/why-co...
to get what they want they'll have to overturn the will of the electoral majority.
gobbledegook from a pinko website....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#860410
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Well I did hear a report this morning saying it will be up over $4 by late spring in most of the country. You know economies change right? At the time they were saying that things were heating up. Then the world economy collapsed. Only morans stay stuck in a static world.
Gasoline is already $4.25 throughout Southern California and in excess of $5 at some stations. The price has risen every day for 21 straight days.

Obama is blaming George Bush.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#860412
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

sonicfilter wrote:
Fake panda-Hillary sex scene may land group in real trouble
http://now.msn.com/freedomworks-made-a-video-...
"It just goes to prove my theory. Those who are the most vocal and loudest about what they want everyone else to know they oppose are secretly engaged in the same behavior themselves. Projecting self loathing."
Who cares?

Nobody believes that any self-respecting panda would stoop to having sex with a mutt.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#860413
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when are we in a depression dumbass? Private sector economic indicators are all going in the right direction and we've had over three years of private sector job growth.
Raising the minimum wage will put more money into workers pockets and they'll spend it creating a greater demand for goods and services which the suppliers will have to meet by increasing production and hiring people to meet it. Lower wages insures a stagnant market and slow or stalled economic growth.
You're an idiot!
Full steam ahead!

An iceberg will never damage the Titanic.

Dupie doesn't care if more black yutes go on unemployment.

Lord Obama so loved the poor that he created millions more.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#860414
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when are we in a depression dumbass? Private sector economic indicators are all going in the right direction and we've had over three years of private sector job growth.
Raising the minimum wage will put more money into workers pockets and they'll spend it creating a greater demand for goods and services which the suppliers will have to meet by increasing production and hiring people to meet it. Lower wages insures a stagnant market and slow or stalled economic growth.
You're an idiot!
If you raise the minimum wage to $9, then how much should you pay those already making $9?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#860415
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Flackonomics:
Lets put money into the economy not through private enterprise but rather thru government subsidized actions through unfunded tax cuts/tax credits that add to the debt.
Like the one for Facebook, big Obama supporters?

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#860416
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Is the sky tangerine in your lollipop world?
Flacknasty seems to now be in favor of legislating from the bench: "Virginia v. West Virginia, 78 U.S. 39 (1871), is a 6-to-3 ruling by the Supreme Court of the United States which held that where a governor has discretion in the conduct of the election, the legislature is bound by his action and cannot undo the results based on FRAUD. The case implicitly ratified the secession of the state of West Virginia from the state of Virginia, and explicitly ratified that the counties of Berkeley and Jefferson were part of West Virginia."

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#860417
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Gasoline is already $4.25 throughout Southern California and in excess of $5 at some stations. The price has risen every day for 21 straight days.
Obama is blaming George Bush.
It's $3.46 here at the corner. That's up from the low of $3.14. Gas truck was filling the tanks when I took the girls to church. I wonder if the price will change.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#860418
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
according to the Tea Party Panda Hillary is a lock for 2016.
you'll just have to wait.
Obama will name a regent/surrogate to assume the office after 2016, and it won't be Hillary.

Obama will never surrender power to the racist Bill Clinton.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#860419
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

flack wrote:
<quoted text> It's $3.46 here at the corner. That's up from the low of $3.14. Gas truck was filling the tanks when I took the girls to church. I wonder if the price will change.
California has a special problem because bicycle-riding environmentalists have the goal of eliminating automobiles.

Costs are driven by special gasoline blends and lack of refinery capacity due to environmentalist opposition to new construction.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#860420
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Flacknasty seems to now be in favor of legislating from the bench: "Virginia v. West Virginia, 78 U.S. 39 (1871), is a 6-to-3 ruling by the Supreme Court of the United States which held that where a governor has discretion in the conduct of the election, the legislature is bound by his action and cannot undo the results based on FRAUD. The case implicitly ratified the secession of the state of West Virginia from the state of Virginia, and explicitly ratified that the counties of Berkeley and Jefferson were part of West Virginia."
Melvin you are arguing about something not in evidence in 1861. What you are talking about happened 10 years later. If you look at the flag of West Virginia the date on the stone is June 20 1863.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#860421
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
California has a special problem because bicycle-riding environmentalists have the goal of eliminating automobiles.
Costs are driven by special gasoline blends and lack of refinery capacity due to environmentalist opposition to new construction.
Yeah I know. They are trying to get a foot hold here.

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#860422
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

waxywaxturd wrote:
Good morning my topix friends!! I am a wee bit tired this morning as I was up more than half the night judging posts and talking for hours back and forth with my very own sockpuppets!!!!!!
To say it was exhausting would be an understatement! I may get off to a slow start with the judgit competition today so please, start judging without me. Dont' worry though, I will most assuredly catch up at some point. After I get a clean pair of depends on (industrial strength) take my meds and chat with my doctor I will be ready to roar back to life judging your posts!!! See you in a little while.
Warmest Hugs and love, NWaxman.
ps: Please don't ignore No Surprise (Florida) like you did all day yesterday. He is getting depressed. This is his whole life!!! Have some pity on him.:)
Back in a jiffy!!!
WOW, 20 peanuts! You must really be getting under waxturd's skin. I guess he's not ready to come out of the closet.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#860423
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Melvin you are arguing about something not in evidence in 1861. What you are talking about happened 10 years later. If you look at the flag of West Virginia the date on the stone is June 20 1863.
Lord Obama plans to issue an Executive Order abolishing West Virginia.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baltimore
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••